Undefeated Mississippi St. wins over LadyVols | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Undefeated Mississippi St. wins over LadyVols

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Here's some info on Vivians. Her HS team appeared to play a large number of games, and the competition may have been weak in Mississippi, but her scoring stats were beyond insane. These numbers blow away the stats by Charde Houston, Shanna Zolman, Jackie Young, et al.

Scored 5,745 points in her illustrious career, smashing former Bulldog Mary Kathryn Govero’s state record by 700 points… Ranks second in NFHS history with 5,172 points, but would be first if the association recognized her eighth-grade point total… Led the nation with a 46.2 scoring average in her final high school season, a mark that bettered her own state record and ranked fifth in national high school records… Tallied 1,617 points as a senior, best in state history regardless of gender, and 1,470 as a junior, the third- and fifth-most in national high school records… Ranks second in NFHS history with 1,862 made field goals her freshman through senior seasons… Scored 68 points against Newton in the south state semifinals, tying the girls state record… Ranked second in the nation with 39.7 ppg as a junior... Also led the nation in scoring as a sophomore, averaging 37.0 ppg.
images

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Given the dropoff in talent in WCBB, I always wonder if those stats are as meaningful.
Do the other players only shoot when they have a sure thing? When the shotclock is running down do they all wait for Vivians to take a shot?
Not all shots are equal.
I am not sure you can call three pointers sure things ever so those numbers stand pretty well on their own. And yes, I always expect post players to shoot significantly higher percentages than wings/guards, but Vivians is shooting worse than most of the other wings/guards on the team as well as the posts, and I can't imagine that shot clock beaters is the only reason - the numbers are too large - 261 shots in 17 games. I doubt they have that many 28 second offensive sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom