Undefeated Mississippi St. wins over LadyVols | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Undefeated Mississippi St. wins over LadyVols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pulling for State in this one. Like their head coach, and their fanbase appears to be growing and enthusiastic in their support and attendance.
I'm for more quality wbb programs gaining notoriety and respect, not just the few usual suspects year after year. I think it was a net positive for wcbb to have all those upstart & lower-seed programs in the FF last season, just like it was for Texas A&M to win the title in 2011, and Louisville to barnstorm their way to the Final in 2013, for ND and SC to join the club of Elites with UConn, Stanford, Baylor & Tenn. Just as it was thrilling to have Butler, Wisconsin and Villanova rise in the men's tourney. I like seeing Miss St, Florida State, Oregon State, Louisville, Texas, etc., becoming consistent quality programs. The women's game needs the variety and competition at the top.

Having said all that, Tennessee has the talent and the home court setting to win this, not to mention the measure of confidence gained with their recent quality wins in their current 6-game streak. The game is a toss-up and a very important statement game for both squads.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Okorie (MSU's big) picks up her second foul in the first 1:30 of the game. This is part of the recipe for a Tennessee win.

Reaction Score
Oh well. guess I'll stop watching WCBB now and just focus on MBB.

If you want the NCAA winner that is exactly what you can do.

I never said watching the games was not entertaining.... i guess it is good to hope that your team has chance to win championship.... including your team......

Brings back the question... is Geno just too good or are most of the other programs substandard.....

Reaction Score
TN was leading, but Miss St. has come back to take a 41-34 lead at halftime.

DD had stretches of playing great defense.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
With 2 mins. left it's exactly the kind of game I imagined: Offensively challenged, grind it out, brute basketball. I'm also watching VT vs Clemson. Their grand attendance has to have all of 300 people. Really sad watching two good teams playing before a marching band.

Plebe

Reaction Score
With 2 mins. left it's exactly the kind of game I imagined: Offensively challenged, grind it out, brute basketball. I'm also watching VT vs Clemson. Their grand attendance has to have all of 300 people. Really sad watching two good teams playing before a marching band.

It's 41-34 at the half. That's not exactly a low-scoring game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This was the game last year where Miss State refused to play zone for three quarters against a team that had no offense against a zone, and almost lost. They pulled it out at home in the 4th Q playing mostly zone.

Reaction Score
Tennessee's offense was MIA in the second quarter. They get no help from their bench while MSt's bench really helped put them in the lead.
All you need to know about the Lady Vols offense is 4 assists and 9 turnovers in the first half.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The George Washington (with coach Jen Rizzotti) vs Dayton game is starting on CBSSN now (3:00).

Plebe

Reaction Score
Tennessee's offense was MIA in the second quarter. They get no help from their bench while MSt's bench really helped put them in the lead.
All you need to know about the Lady Vols offense is 4 assists and 9 turnovers in the first half.

When Reynolds and Nared went to the bench with 2 fouls, Tennessee went into an offensive drought and MSU surged into the lead.

I don't think MSU is the fourth-best team in the country, but still I'm amazed at how good they are considering they had zero HS all-Americans.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sounds like a good game to watch but guess I can't - - - my provider (Comcast) shows Texas A & M at Kentucky on the SEC channel at 2 p.m. Sunday
both my SEC channels are showing the TAMU/Kentucky game smh #Comcast

Plebe

Reaction Score
both my SEC channels are showing the TAMU/Kentucky game smh #Comcast

You can watch it online, SEC Network "Plus", available at ESPN3/WatchESPN. (And with Roku or Apple TV, or an HDMI cable connection to your device, watch it on TV.)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Mississippi State has hit a buzzer-beater 3 at the end of each quarter. That's been the difference in the score.

Reaction Score
When Reynolds and Nared went to the bench with 2 fouls, Tennessee went into an offensive drought and MSU surged into the lead.

I don't think MSU is the fourth-best team in the country, but still I'm amazed at how good they are considering they had zero HS all-Americans.

Vivians wasn't an AA ?
She averaged 40 pts a game in her senior year.

Reaction Score
59-58 Miss St, 5 min left in Q4. Both teams with lots of fouls but Miss State in worse shape there with Dillingham fouled out already. Knoxville crowd getting into it, TN playing inspired D.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Despite being undefeated Miss St is not the 4th best team in the country. Not sure they are in the Top 10. Lady Vols despite their loss should be in the Top 25. They are playing better and should be ranked.

If Miss St ends up in UConn's bracket I can see another blow out. Won't be a 60 point blowout, but UConn wins by 25+ points.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They're not going to. 73-64 with 30 sec left, TN reduced to fouling. TN has WAY more talent, just no idea what to do with it...

Definitely agree. Mercedes has really upped her game but as long as DD is playing, there is no discipline. 1 great play followed by 2 stupid plays. They don't even have the discipline to hold for last shots in a quarter. Not impressed by MSU. Vivians can be defensed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom