Undefeated Mississippi St. wins over LadyVols | The Boneyard

Undefeated Mississippi St. wins over LadyVols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
MSU...#4 in the land...in Knoxville on Sunday....on SEC network...at 2 [I think].
Tenn. has been better of late...a win here would do a world of good for their confidence.
Is MSU truly this good?

Reaction Score
This will be closer than many people think. I sense an upset. Vols 65-62.

Reaction Score
MSt. is vastly over ranked. They are not a top 5 team, imo. I expect Tennessee to win it in a close one. Home court being the deciding factor.
Massey has MST. by 2. A virtual toss up.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Last night MS ST barely squeezed by Ark 59-51 with a few late baskets. The Bulldogs scored exactly 24 points in the entire 2nd half. While I expect one of those really ugly SEC offensively challenged games, I also expect the Vols to prevail.

Reaction Score
This one has all the makings of a classic, I can't wait to watch. Either team could win, and I predict a close one, not a blow-out. Could very well be settled in one or more overtimes. Regardless of who wins, Tennessee is back in the top 25 next week.

Reaction Score
MSU...#4 in the land...in Knoxville on Sunday....on SEC network...at 2 [I think].
Tenn. has been better of late...a win here would do a world of good for their confidence.
Is MSU truly this good?

Sounds like a good game to watch but guess I can't - - - my provider (Comcast) shows Texas A & M at Kentucky on the SEC channel at 2 p.m. Sunday

Reaction Score
Sounds like a good game to watch but guess I can't - - - my provider (Comcast) shows Texas A & M at Kentucky on the SEC channel at 2 p.m. Sunday
If you have SEC channel you can stream it on ESPN3

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
If it looks like both teams will score over 60 I'll watch. Plus I haven't seen Miss St. yet this year so I suppose vs Tenn is as good of an opportunity as any. I agree with most everyone else said. It is winnable for Tenn because I doubt Miss St is truly as good as their ranking. Both teams seem like they have improved since last year but how much I really can't say Miss St schedule has me leary and Tenn is so Jekyll & Hyde. Whatever happens I will not be shocked either way unless it is the rare event where both teams in the SEC drops 80+.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Mississippi State has not been looking sharp in true road games. They struggled to pull away from UALR, they barely edged out Southern Cal, and now went down to the wire with Arkansas. The Vols, meanwhile, have looked much better since the 2nd quarter of their game at Texas, and they handled Stanford and Kentucky pretty convincingly at home.

Tennessee is just playing better basketball than Miss State right now, IMO.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Tennessee gets the #4/4 and #6/7 teams in the next couple of weeks. They have a chance to make a statement or have a statement made about them. Which way will it go?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
If Tennessee can keep Viviane in check. Like they did Epps of Kentucky 8 points . Tennessee has a good chance to win.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If Tennessee can keep Viviane in check. Like they did Epps of Kentucky 8 points . Tennessee has a good chance to win.

My money is on Tennessee. I just don't think MSU is nearly as good as their ranking. And once they lose a game that ranking is probably going to plummet. Maybe it will plummet on The Summitt...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
My money is on Tennessee. I just don't think MSU is nearly as good as their ranking. And once they lose a game that ranking is probably going to plummet. Maybe it will plummet on The Summitt...

If they were playing in Starkville, I'd really like MSU's chances. But Tennessee at home has been playing like a top-15 team for the past month, and Mississippi State on the road ... hasn't.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more and I like the 65 - 61 score.

Reaction Score
This could be an excellent game and I am a Mississippi native who has followed the squad closely the past few seaons. I'm not sure MSU is # 4, but this team has played together for 3 years and is well coached. What UConn did to them last year was embarrassing but the whole squad is back and is capable of being very good. Vivians is talented and warrants consideration for some all American teams if her play keeps up.

Lady Vols have put together some nice wins and I will give credit where it is due. We all know the talent is there but has only appeared in spurts. Given the game is in Knoxville I wouldn't be surprised if UT won. Hope for a good one

Reaction Score
If Miss St wins good for them If Tenn wins good for them.... do not think anything in WCBB matters in the long haul unless you are UConn, Notre Dame, South Carolina, or Baylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom