UConn will have Diamond Stone on campus this weekend (no Malik Newman) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn will have Diamond Stone on campus this weekend (no Malik Newman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Malik Newman

At Peach Jam two summers ago, Newman was quoted as saying is favorite schools were, "wherever John Calipari is

Do not want!!!! :) Just kidding!

Regarding Rudy & CV, Rudy wasn't consensus #1-5 player when we picked him up or got in good (I think he was top rated player once all the early entries declared) and Sweaty Williams was slipping. CV was sort of a lucky break going into an amazing team with the loaded 04 squad. Dre a local kid. This is like none of those. I do think with Ollie we will start recruiting at a much higher level and I trust these kids will have great character as well.

How was CV a lucky break? UConn recruited him, and he came. And I believe Rudy was Top 5 (or 6) the whole time.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Just read that Stone's dad is from flint. Can someone put in a call to Johnny Time already?

Also. Flintstone. Name get's cooler.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
How was CV a lucky break? UConn recruited him, and he came. And I believe Rudy was Top 5 (or 6) the whole time.

Roy Leaving Kansas for UNC and Self replacing Roy at Kansas opened up CV's recruitment. allowing us the opportunity t land him.

Reaction Score
Stone and Newman are fantastic players, but I think there is a strong chance they are one and done. I'll be excited if UConn lands them, but personally I would rather land Sharma and Adams - kids that will probably stick around 4 years, develop and get degrees.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Stone and Newman are fantastic players, but I think there is a strong chance they are one and done. I'll be excited if UConn lands them, but personally I would rather land Sharma and Adams - kids that will probably stick around 4 years, develop and get degrees.

If Adams sticks around 4 years, then he didn't develop like we'd hoped. Sharma, at 7', would hopefully bounce by the end of Jr year.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If Adams sticks around 4 years, then he didn't develop like we'd hoped. Sharma, at 7', would hopefully bounce by the end of Jr year.
I think we get adams but lose out on sharma... the Issue is playing time. He would have to come in and compete with a bunch of experienced bigs. A 4th year starter in nolan and a 3rd year ab... where as at wisco they essentially have no bigs left after their whole front line graduates. I love his game though, hes a future pro

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
CV did play a crucial role in the first half against Dook in the semi-final & he was a very good player throughout his sophomore year. IMHO Rudy never really hit his stride at UConn. If he had stayed for his junior season, he could have been a dominant player & may have had a more successful career in the NBA (can't argue with his bank account though)

Reaction Score
CV did play a crucial role in the first half against Dook in the semi-final & he was a very good player throughout his sophomore year. IMHO Rudy never really hit his stride at UConn. If he had stayed for his junior season, he could have been a dominant player & may have had a more successful career in the NBA (can't argue with his bank account though)

Rudy's been a very good NBA player for the most part. Yes, he's overpaid, but that's not really his fault.

I doubt an extra year in college would've made much of a difference.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
johnhuskies95 said:
Rudy's been a very good NBA player for the most part. Yes, he's overpaid, but that's not really his fault.

I doubt an extra year in college would've made much of a difference.
I disagree hes never been associated with winning. Hes very talented and exciting to watch but hes not a winner. He doesnt play very good defense despite being long and athletic. He takes a lot of low % shots. Doesn't improve players around him.

Reaction Score
Same here. how or why do these always turn into debates about things that either don't matter or happened a decade ago

Reaction Score
I disagree hes never been associated with winning. Hes very talented and exciting to watch but hes not a winner. He doesnt play very good defense despite being long and athletic. He takes a lot of low % shots. Doesn't improve players around him.

It sounds like you want him to be LeBron or Durant, that's just not who he is. He's had a good career thus far. There's a reason the Kings are trying really hard to re-sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom