UConn will have Diamond Stone on campus this weekend (no Malik Newman) | The Boneyard

UConn will have Diamond Stone on campus this weekend (no Malik Newman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 2m
Diamond Stone tells me that he's taking an unofficial visit to Connecticut with Malik Newman this weekend.

EDIT: Scratch that, I suppose...

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 5m
FYI: Malik Newman tells me he is not going on an unofficial visit to UConn this weekend w/ Diamond Stone. Already has a previous obligation.

Last edited:

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
LOCK 'EM UP KO!!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They will have cheerios at the dining hall fortified with locally soutced milk!

D

Deleted member 3149

Let's gooooo. Imagine them playing with terrence, d-ham, rodney, and Brimah?

Reaction Score
Newman hasn't even left his home state for a visit, this is the first time. Stone had made visits to SMU and Michigan, neither of which are seriously in the hunt for this package deal.

Reaction Score
Absolutely huge. Love to land them, but the fact that they are considering us seriously in itself greatly helps recruiting. That being said, I WANT THEM. Add these two to Turtle, bring in Enoch, then add another guard/wing (Adams, Ali, Briscoe, Jones). Could be the best recruiting class (on paper) UConn has ever landed. Go KO!!!!!!

EDIT: First visit they've taken as a tandem I believe? And above scenario takes into consideration someone will leave (D Ham, Purvis) or Transfer. Either way, KO is doing an unbelievable job in 2015.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Absolutely huge. Love to land them, but the fact that they are considering us seriously in itself greatly helps recruiting. That being said, I WANT THEM. Add these two to Turtle, bring in Enoch, then add another guard/wing (Adams, Ali, Briscoe, Jones). Could be the best recruiting class (on paper) UConn has ever landed. Go KO!!!!!!

4 is the size of the 2015 class, so unless Enoch reassigns for 2016, a class of Newman, Stone, Enoch and Jackson is about it.

Reaction Score
Just saw Someone post on twitter that Newman has a prior commitment and will not be able to visit

Reaction Score
So the 2015 starting 5 could be:

Purvis - Newman - Hamilton - Stone - Brimah with Samuel, Cassell Jr, Jackson, Facey, Lubin coming off the bench

Wow, "strive for five!"

Reaction Score
I really like our chances with both of them. Ollie should show them their personal locker in the new Champions Center when they come.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
So the 2015 starting 5 could be:
A
Purvis - Newman - Hamilton - Stone - Brimah with Samuel, Cassell Jr, Jackson, Facey, Lubin coming off the bench

Wow, "strive for five!"

Actually that would be "Fix for Six". ;)

Reaction Score
I hope no car problem s. Beautiful weather planned

Reaction Score
Edit- My bad already posted. Bummer but expected, recruiting is never cleanly reported.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It'd be so awesome if these guys end up as Huskies, but a package deal for 2 of the top 5 2015 recruits?

Seems like this situation has "Calipari" written all over it...
It is really hard to fathom a top-ranked overall kid would consider us. Kid must have solid character. Seems like guys like Calipari, Barnes, Roy Williams usually get these types. I think with KO we could see a shift if we can keep the momentum going. Regardless, we are UConn, we will be fine because KO is cut from JC's cloth and both great evaluators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom