UCONN vs BC, Sat. Nov. 19, Alumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MA | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs BC, Sat. Nov. 19, Alumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Will be putting together a bus package for this- talking w a few groups to figure out tailgating (likely at a hotel pregame) and other logistics (parking) but should have something soon.
The boston newton Marriott allows tailgating before BC games. It's very conveniently located off 95 (one exit from the pike) and then you'd take local roads to the stadium (10-15 minutes).

Reaction Score
The boston newton Marriott allows tailgating before BC games. It's very conveniently located off 95 (one exit from the pike) and then you'd take local roads to the stadium (10-15 minutes).
That's who I just got off the phone with. Setting up a block there too.

Reaction Score
That's who I just got off the phone with. Setting up a block there too.

May want to ask if they will throw in a shuttle van to the Green D Line stations (Woodland or Riverside) as its a 15 minute T ride from there to the Chestnut Hill station & then a 10 minute walk from there to Alumni Stadium. That maybe cheaper, easier, and safer that driving.

Reaction Score
Watch out for the Newton cops. They will cruise thru that parking lot for underage/id checks as well as other things that may smoke a lot. Also tailgating there means drinking only. Marriott will not allow any type of grilling in their lot. On a game day, ride will be closer to 30 minutes.

BC does have an on campus bus parking area on game day that has accommodated visiting teams. You should reach out to them about getting the bus on campus. Not sure if it is open only to sanctioned/school sponsored trips or if it is for any "tour".

Reaction Score
I know that I am preaching to the choir here on the boneyard because the majority of us are all season ticket holders, but I can't stress how important it is that we get as many UConn fans to this game. As the diehards, it is our mission to sell out UConn's allotment, have the school obtain more tickets from BCU and sell those out too. Bring your family, your friends, your friend's friends and random neighbors. This not only a statement to attest to the University of Connecticut's presence as a regional power but frankly New England's team. While we may be lining the pockets of BCU's athletic department with the number of folks wearing blue and white going through the gates at Alumni Stadium, let this be a reminder to what the ACC forwent when they took that team from the north.

Heck, if MSG is considered our home away from home in basketball, why not make Boston our home away from home in football?
Unfortunately, this game appears destined for ESPN3 based on some of the national and other ACC games that are that weekend -
UM-OSU
NC State - Miami
Cuse - FSU

Seatgeek is going to be the source for people to get tickets.

Reaction Score
You will not find a worse tailgate atmosphere than BC. And I am talking all levels of college football. There is better tailgating at a Wesleyan-Bowdoin game.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this game appears destined for ESPN3 based on some of the national and other ACC games that are that weekend -
UM-OSU
NC State - Miami
Cuse - FSU

Seatgeek is going to be the source for people to get tickets.
My guess is UConn-BC ends up on ESPNU at Noon, maybe 3:30. Of course, if both teams spit the bed next season, it could easily get ESPN3.
OSU plays at MSU (not UM) on the 19th. That will be ABC at either 3:30 or 8pm.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else find it weird that the uconn football 2016 Super Bowl is against a team that "sucks" ?

And on an aside, for everyone here who loves to mock the BC fan support, they outdrew uconn on a per game basis again this year
Forgive us, we were unable to schedule FSU at home last year.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Hotel Indigo in Newton might be an option as well. Right off 95, next to the green line. I don't know much about it.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else find it weird that the uconn football 2016 Super Bowl is against a team that "sucks" ?

And on an aside, for everyone here who loves to mock the BC fan support, they outdrew uconn on a per game basis again this year
Adorable.

Anyone else find it weird that it is a BC fan claiming UConn football's 2016 Super Bowl is against BC? Anyone else find it weird that a BC fan who cares so little about UConn is hanging out on a UConn board?
As an aside, BC averaged 30.2k at home (67% capacity), including hosting FSU. That is right in line with UConn's 28.8K (72% capacity). Congratulations on outdrawing UConn by such a wide margin while hosting a P5 home slate.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
There's no question the ACC has buyer's remorse with BCU. Ask any UNC or GT alum and they just shake their heads.

I bet Tulsa has more support in the AAC than BCU has in the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom