UCONN vs BC, Sat. Nov. 19, Alumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs BC, Sat. Nov. 19, Alumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
See? This is exactly why this game should be played every season. Both fanbases would be upset if their team loses to the other. Both fanbases think their team is better than the other. And I think the atmosphere in both stadiums will be quite electric every season.
Its one sided right now. Most of todays students that attend BC come from outside of New England, and most of the BC alums from the years 1990 on or so, live outside N.E, and so Uconn football means little to them. Only the alums and fans that are from inside Massachusetts think of Uconn, and to be frank, most of them are arrogant and don't consider themselves in the same college football pecking order as Uconn. For a similar analogy example of this, Uconn basketball fans think of BC basketball program probably in the same way. And yet BC basketball over the years has been far more competitive with Uconn basketball than Uconn football has been with BC football. So this renewal of a football game between BC and Uconn seems a one sided interest in my assessment. That said, if Uconn football manages to actually beat BC in a couple of games, Uconn football will get BC football fans ire... including the current 60-80% of its current fan base that live and work now outside of New England. Right now, the fervor with playing BC in football seems entirely one sided in my travels and thus in my assessment of the matchup. But since I live in N.E. , and have family from Connecticut that attended Uconn, this game has interest for me... but I'm a minority in this regarding most BC alums, fans.

Last edited:

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Its one sided right now. Most of todays students that attend BC come from outside of New England, and most of the BC alums from the years 1990 on or so, live outside N.E, and so Uconn means little to them. Only the alums and fans that are from inside Massachusetts think of Uconn, and to be frank, most of them are arrogant and don't consider themselves in the same college football pecking order as Uconn. For a similar analogy example of this, Uconn basketball fans think of BC basketball program probably in the same way. And yet BC basketball over the years has been far more competitive with Uconn basketball than Uconn football has been with BC football. So this renewal of a football game between BC and Uconn seems a one sided interest in my assessment. That said, if Uconn football manages to actually beat BC in a couple of games, Uconn football will get BC football fans ire... including the current 60-80% of its current fan base that live and work now outside of New England. Right now, the fervor with playing BC in football seems entirely one sided in my travels and thus in my assessment of the matchup. But since I live in N.E. , and have family from Connecticut that attended Uconn, this game has interest for me... but I'm a minority in this regarding most BC alums, fans.
to even attempt to compare the basketball programs is laughable, you may want to try comparing our football team to Alabama ( 4 NC since 1999 for bama and uconn) if you are looking for a more accurate comparison.

Reaction Score
to even attempt to compare the basketball programs is laughable, you may want to try comparing our football team to Alabama ( 4 NC since 1999 for bama and uconn) if you are looking for a more accurate comparison.
The comparison however was made regarding wins and losses.... and was not intended in any way to demean the actual level of accomplishments of Uconn basketball which is undeniable and beyond reproach. BC has beaten Uconn in basketball,... a few times... but Uconn has never done so in football ( 0-13-1 ). That was the point made, and that point has little to do as to which school has done more with its respective programs in either sport. But nonetheless, thank you for allowing me to disabuse you of anything you interpreted from my remarks that you mistakenly took as a swipe at the outstanding levels of accomplishments of both the Men and Women's basketball programs at the Univ. of Connecticut.

Reaction Score
If they lose UConn is back to 2004 when the excuse was "we are in the growing stage of transitioning into a D1 program". BC sucks so time to choke the life out of them. Need to take revenge for Flipper's deplorable bullsheet.
I agree. There is no excuse for whoever loses next year's BC- Uconn football game. None. Either team. if BC " sucks " as many here have been saying for a few years now, then a loss to a team that " sucks " can't be something where a loss excuse can be spun away to such a team. No team should lose to a team where many of its fans think the other team" sucks." So both Coaches and players are on notice here... and as it should be, imo.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
The comparison however was made regarding wins and losses.... and was not intended in any way to demean the actual level of accomplishments of Uconn basketball which is undeniable and beyond reproach. BC has beaten Uconn in basketball,... a few times... but Uconn has never done so in football ( 0-13-1 ). That was the point made, and that point has little to do as to which school has done more with its respective programs in either sport. But nonetheless, thank you for allowing me to disabuse you of anything you interpreted from my remarks that you mistakenly took as a swipe at the outstanding levels of accomplishments of both the Men and Women's basketball programs at the Univ. of Connecticut.

If wins and losses are more your style than lets look at the numbers, since Uconn joined 1-A full time in 2002. Since then Uconn has a W/L of 86-86 while BC has had a record of 103-76. That is a difference of 17-10 over that that time span. BC has managed only 1.3 wins more a year than Uconn has while only managing to lose less than one game less a year. I am tired of BC fans looking down Uconn football whilst only being marginally better since we moved to the same playing level. As for head to head Uconn is 0-3 over that same time period but those three losses also came in the first three seasons in 1-A.

Reaction Score
use a friend/relative's MA address if need be
Hello.

That said, a zip code restriction thing is highly unlikely. Generally what BC does with high-value games or ones where the opposition will bring a lot of fans is force you to buy a three-game package in order to get one for the big game. That may happen here, but it'd likely fail and the week of the game they'd put it on sale to everyone. Last ditch, scalping a ticket to a BC football game is E-A-S-Y.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The last game we played at BC with Dan O and company was not even close to being a sellout. Not sure why this would be different.

Reaction Score
Like all schools, single game tickets will go on sale after season tickets renewals and Then mini package sales. Uconn might be part of a mini package with Clemson and Cuse. That package would probably generate some sales from locals but at most that would be about 1000 tickets. Given how bad BC was last year, season ticket sales will be down and there is limited mini package demand so there will be plenty of single game tickets.

BC also offers single game parking passes on the lower field of the former seminary across Commonwealth. No tailgating there but an easy walk to campus where you can find a piece of grass to drink pre-game. People also sell on campus parking passes on eBay.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Its one sided right now. Most of todays students that attend BC come from outside of New England, and most of the BC alums from the years 1990 on or so, live outside N.E, and so Uconn football means little to them. Only the alums and fans that are from inside Massachusetts think of Uconn, and to be frank, most of them are arrogant and don't consider themselves in the same college football pecking order as Uconn. For a similar analogy example of this, Uconn basketball fans think of BC basketball program probably in the same way. And yet BC basketball over the years has been far more competitive with Uconn basketball than Uconn football has been with BC football. So this renewal of a football game between BC and Uconn seems a one sided interest in my assessment. That said, if Uconn football manages to actually beat BC in a couple of games, Uconn football will get BC football fans ire... including the current 60-80% of its current fan base that live and work now outside of New England. Right now, the fervor with playing BC in football seems entirely one sided in my travels and thus in my assessment of the matchup. But since I live in N.E. , and have family from Connecticut that attended Uconn, this game has interest for me... but I'm a minority in this regarding most BC alums, fans.

If UConn puts together a string of wins against BC in football, I'm concerned about BC pulling a "Yale" and they stop scheduling UConn.

But first things first. We've won nothing so far. I'm just hoping we go into the game healthy and we bring a good crowd.

Reaction Score
Attendance was 42,564. Capacity is 44,500.

Didn't look anything close to that! I was laying on the row behind me with no one close to sitting near me. I was in the end zone with a large group of Uconn fans and there was vacant row after row by us. Maybe that was what was sold but there were significant downpours that day which perhaps kept people with tickets away that night. If your number is from the gate.... It is absolutely inflated by a significant margin.

Reaction Score
Didn't look anything close to that! I was laying on the row behind me with no one close to sitting near me. I was in the end zone with a large group of Uconn fans and there was vacant row after row by us. Maybe that was what was sold but there were significant downpours that day which perhaps kept people with tickets away that night. If your number is from the gate.... It is absolutely inflated by a significant margin.

You memory is not looking to good here. There was no precipitation that day. In fact I golfed with friends before the game and went directly from the golf course to the game. Here is a link to the weather history.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tory.html?&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

Reaction Score
You memory is not looking to good here. There was no precipitation that day. In fact I golfed with friends before the game and went directly from the golf course to the game. Here is a link to the weather history.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tory.html?&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=
That would make sense since there is virtually no tailgating at BC games. @HartfordHank spin things anyway you want...right now BC football and men's hoops are in the position that Pasqualoni had UConn football not too long ago. It's just ironic that your boy Coach Smoke & Mirrors hires his mentor/BFF to a job he pretty much created to help him out. If I were you I would stick to talking about BC hockey...at least that is a team you can brag about.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

It was brutally humid that night, the entire gameday experience was miserable up there. No atmosphere, just a long walk to the T. You guys can have it.

Reaction Score
That was a warm night. We hit the Buff's Pub beforehand for wings and beers, then headed to Alumni. We had a hook up with parking, so was not too bad for us.
I will be there again, probably going to Buff's again beforehand (if it is 3:30 or later kickoff), just need to get that parking hook up again.

Reaction Score
The season BC was finally......finally going to win a conference championship and an undermanned Syracuse team went to Alumni and Diamond Ferry ran all over BC. The only time Brian Toal hit someone in that game was when they were out of bounds (+15). Coughlin crying after the game complaining how unfairly BC was treated. Absolutely some of the funniest I have ever seen in college football. Even when BC is pretty good they still are an embarrassment. Wonder why that is?

Reaction Score
The season BC was finally.finally going to win a conference championship and an undermanned Syracuse team went to Alumni and Diamond Ferry ran all over BC. The only time Brian Toal hit someone in that game was when they were out of bounds (+15). Coughlin crying after the game complaining how unfairly BC was treated. Absolutely some of the funniest I have ever seen in college football. Even when BC is pretty good they still are an embarrassment. Wonder why that is?
Coughlin? I think you mean Tom O'Brien.

Reaction Score
Is parking around their stadium really as bad as people say?
I posted it above in this thread but they sell non-tailgating parking passes on a game by game in a field at the former seminary on a game day basis. They sell them to anyone o line. I think they were $75/game last year. You can haul your beer onto campus and drink there. About a 0.5 mile walk up hill or they have shuttle buses. People also sell tailgating/on campus passes on a regular basis on ebay. There is no on street parking nearby and no one in Chestnut Hill would ever sell parking at their house to make a few bucks. Closest on street parking without fear of towing is Hammond Pond Parkway (about a 1 mile walk). Otherwise, take the T.

Reaction Score

Nope, my memory if fine! It rained in CT which is why I went and bought ponchos for everyone in my group! Do you want me to call Amex to track down the receipt!???? If you want to be a D'bag, I can go all day so enlighten me with your wisdom. We're you at the game or are you a typical Yard D'bag that looks up a stat and passes it as gospel ? That stadium was not CLOSE to being full!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom