Men - UConn @ Univ. of North Florida Ospreys (Fri. 2/25/22 @6:05p>Sat. 2/26/22 @2:05p>Sun. 2/27/22 @1:05p) All games streamed on UNF SwoopLife Live/Mixlr | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ Univ. of North Florida Ospreys (Fri. 2/25/22 @6:05p>Sat. 2/26/22 @2:05p>Sun. 2/27/22 @1:05p) All games streamed on UNF SwoopLife Live/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like it. Brown has been struggling all over the field. Garbo and donlan alternate and TC as @dbmill pointed out is back against a righty.
I was wondering who could spell Brown and this answers that question. I also think that Bushling doesn't always go well to the right. That play in the first yesterday should have been an out. He made the play by sliding to his right but bounced it to first.

Reaction Score
I heard brown is out sick. Maybe affected him last night. Still probably best to give him a day. We know what he can do when he’s right Interested to see how Padilla does
Although Brown had tough night in the field, his triple was impressive against the sidearm delivery of the UNF pitcher. Fedko had a tough time just prior to Brown.

Reaction Score
Little jiggling in the infield/outfield:

In addition to Chris Brown's offensive troubles (aside from the triple last night, but in my mind one hit does not necessarily mean you are out of a slump), the left side of the infield has really been struggling defensively. Perhaps Brown not feeling well is the reason he is out of the lineup, but this revised lineup does address the defensive problems on the left side of the infield. I have always had the feeling that Bushling is better off defensively at 3B than he is at SS. As for Brown, his fielding percentage at 3B is under .700 in the four games so far this season. This is an interesting experiment, with Bryan Padilla playing SS today. Padilla seems to have a good defensive reputation, but his bat is a bit of a question mark. He did not do well at the plate last summer playing for the Mystic Schooners.

Chris Jones just said on the game broadcast that Chris Brown was sick all night and is not at the ballpark today.

Christian Fedko has not been hitting, so I'm not surprised he is out of the lineup, and Ferrer is at D.H.

Also seems that the coaching staff is giving a longer look at Stock in CF, even though Simmons is back in the lineup against the righty starting pitcher. If Stock is able to handle CF, I would think it would improve his draft prospects this summer in the MLB draft.

Reaction Score
Top 2nd, with 1 out, Padilla gets a single, his first hit in his first at bat as a Husky to load the bases after a Ferrer walk and a Garbowski single. Simmons walks to bring in a run to make it 1-0 with 1 out for the Huskies.

Last edited:

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Smith has not gotten off to a fast start. We need more from our leadoff spot. Maybe move ferrer there if Brown keeps struggling?

They might overturn the 2nd run due to a borderline takeout slide.

Reaction Score
Smith has not gotten off to a fast start. We need more from our leadoff spot. Maybe move ferrer there if Brown keeps struggling?

They might overturn the 2nd run due to a borderline takeout slide.

David Smith has been getting on base, even if his hitting needs to pick up. After four games he had a .400 on base percentage, to go with his .200 batting average.

Simmons called out at 2B on an interference call to end the top of the 2nd. 1-0 UConn.

Reaction Score
Bottom 2nd, Gallagher gives up a lead off walk, but then gets the next three batters out in order. 1-0 UConn.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Decent enough offense so far, unf defense isnt the comedy of errors that is was vs presby last weekend to their credit. It’s Pat’s game now.

Reaction Score
Top 4th, Padilla with 1 out walk, so in his first game as a Husky he has already been on base twice so far. UConn strands 2 runners on base. 2-0 UConn.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Huber flashing a glove of his own. Gallagher moving very fast.

Gallagher still has some control issues (although he got robbed of a strikeout vs the guy he walked on a nasty breaking ball) but his stuff is nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom