UCONN to Resume Relationship With BC in Basketball and Football | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN to Resume Relationship With BC in Basketball and Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If UConn football is at the point were a game with BC is a must.
Our participation in football should seriously be questioned.
Guys its over.
from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The best news to come down the pike (pun intended) in some time! Our very own back yard brawl! Home and home every Thanksgiving Saturday for the New England Cup.

This is so natural it reeks of ignorance with what took place in the past years. I say the words of Marvin Gaye all the way....
Lets Get It On!!!! ........

@They already have a deal in place with "Cuse" for yearly Thanksgiving game to complete there ACC conference schedule yearly starting this year I believe?But maybe to open the season OOC soon?I wonder who's carrying there hat in hand if either?Beating the beagles can only help our situation for now!But if we have to wait long and were already in the B1G...whose helping who?

Reaction Score
Wait...you're a UConn fan?

Outside of RU games I've always enjoyed NEastern football and I hate Cuse and BC so I sort of rooted for UConn football as my "other team"!!Why do you think I'm here so much outside of normal curiosity?Like I always said ..I'm not the enemy!

Reaction Score
O My God. this was the board that shot down what in retrospect could have been a life-changing (or at least conference-changing) series with ND that would have meant going to Gillette or Meadowlands three times in seven years and of course we were above that for some crazy reason.

Not going to let this "we don't need BC" bullspit get rolling. Not on my watch. Don't listen to these jabonis Warde. Play the game. and you know what? Play it at Fenway one time -- that's ONE TIME -- to restart the series. To make a splash and let the freaking world we mean business. But only if there's absolutely even distribution of tickets. We get half the monsters, we get half the skyboxes & roof seats.

Reaction Score
This board had the power to stop a fb series with ND, that was never signed? Or is,there some legislative caveat that says,UCONN home games need to be played in CT? I've, heard the Michigan AD allude to this.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I still love rooting for my Huskies, but I've soured overall on college sports in general over the past year or so.

But a renewed series with the folks from The Depths? Oh, that would help suck me right back in again - although I'll believe the football part of it when the ink is dry on the contract. Color me cautiously optimistic...

Reaction Score
This board had the power to stop a fb series with ND, that was never signed? Or is,there some legislative caveat that says,UCONN home games need to be played in CT? I've, heard the Michigan AD allude to this.

Small, loud group of frequent posters on this board bitched and bitched and bitched and bitched about the ND series and somehow managed to create impression 'most' UConn fans were against it and got two legislators from East Hartford to lead the cause. How stupid does this look like in hindsight?

Reaction Score
Looks like the earliest it could start is 2016? In honor of that, sign a 16 year deal.

Reaction Score
I'm all for beating the crap out of the denisons of 'Nut Hill on a yearly basis. Scheduling a decade long contract of home & homes to start the season is fine.
But the hairs on the back of my neck bristle at the lingering thought that the Krafts will get involved to try to make this into the New England version of the "World's Largest Cocktail Party" to help reduce the service debt on the Razor. Much rather rotate home sites between the RENT & Alumni.

Reaction Score
BC thing is really simple. At one point UConn had equal or more power in the relationship (particularly basketball) and now it is more in BC's favor due to UConn's conference debacle.

At the time BC defected we were pissed particularly b/c part of their defection was running from a rivalry with UConn (in order to beat or avoid going head-to-head with UConn football and legitimizing it). Unfortunately it worked, even though I'd still argue that sticking with UConn and creating a legit New England football rivalry could have been a raise all boats success. But even if BC's results in the ACC have been mixed at best, they are better off than UConn right now from a conference perspective. So UConn needs to bury the hatchet and play nice.

Reaction Score
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer; especially if their nickname is Fredo.

Reaction Score
Boston College vs. UCONN scheduling in all sports of a division 1A program, is a freaking no brainer. The only thing that's prevented it is clashing of tunnel vision personal egos in decision making offices of each school. THose people are long gone in CT, and are recently removed from Boston College, that this would happen again - scheduling each other in sports - especially the major money makers - is a no-brainer.

This message board is populated with nutcases. I mean nuts. If I were king, I'd send all of you nuts to make rabbit stew.

Reaction Score
Pride goet before the fall.(its not cometh)
After what the BC AD bragged about have we lost all self-respect.
Our AD should be fired and replaced by someone who actually has pride in the institution they work for.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Well, I agree with the conclusion, though not necessarily the premise. There are a whole lot of reasons our AD should be replaced with someone who has pride in the Institution he's representing. Not so sure that playing BC is one, though. this is actutally a game that should have never ended. But with new people at both institutions renewing it makes sense for all parties.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Except that Rutgers, Syracuse, and even UMass didn't fill it.
I'd put money on the fact that a home game vs those three will fill the Rent more than any single home AAC game will. Who would fans rather see us play? I think it's rather obvious, especially for the casual fans.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
BC screwed UConn as recently as several months ago. They had the daggers out.

That being said, consider 2 points:

1. When you beat BC on the field, you take away their ability to club you over the head in the boardrooms repeatedly. UConn has big wins against Virginia and Maryland from that conference recently, and they went toe-to-toe with UNC and NC State. They more than took care of business against Cuse and Pitt, while going .500 against Louisville. This probably means that they can go 50/50 against BC as well, but with some incentive, do much better than that. Beating BC will not mean much to the outside world, but when BC stands up in the boardroom and complains about UConn again, they will look like even bigger fools than they already are. Not that this ever stopped them before.

2. UConn is going to struggle to schedule home-and-homes against BCS teams. Schedule all the home-and-homes you can. Ideally, the BC series would become an annual thing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
BC screwed UConn as recently as several months ago. They had the daggers out.

That being said, consider 2 points:

1. When you beat BC on the field, you take away their ability to club you over the head in the boardrooms repeatedly. UConn has big wins against Virginia and Maryland from that conference recently, and they went toe-to-toe with UNC and NC State. They more than took care of business against Cuse and Pitt, while going .500 against Louisville. This probably means that they can go 50/50 against BC as well, but with some incentive, do much better than that. Beating BC will not mean much to the outside world, but when BC stands up in the boardroom and complains about UConn again, they will look like even bigger fools than they already are. Not that this ever stopped them before.

2. UConn is going to struggle to schedule home-and-homes against BCS teams. Schedule all the home-and-homes you can. Ideally, the BC series would become an annual thing.

And more importantly, you build a freaking bridge to a potential ally. We need to flip enemies to allies in the ACC. There is still an odd number of teams in the ACC. They have room for one more. Flipper is gone. It's time to do this. It would be good for UConn, BC and FBS football in New England generally.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Well, I agree with the conclusion, though not necessarily the premise. There are a whole lot of reasons our AD should be replaced with someone who has pride in the Institution he's representing. Not so sure that playing BC is one, though. this is actutally a game that should have never ended. But with new people at both institutions renewing it makes sense for all parties.
This is a no-brainer in any sport. The ground work is already laid for the rivalry, There is already animosity between the two fan bases, and it takes care of HFD requirement of playing a team in a Have conference.

Reaction Score
Small, loud group of frequent posters on this board bitched and bitched and bitched and bitched about the ND series and somehow managed to create impression 'most' UConn fans were against it and got two legislators from East Hartford to lead the cause. How stupid does this look like in hindsight?
The compactness of the state allows for meaningful home games to be played in larger adjoining media areas without to much inconvienence.
ND was a no brainer. There are a few others who fall into this category. These games should be pursued.

But only a nut-case would confuse BC and ND.
(Def of nut-case : someone who's opinion differs from yours)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I wouldn't trust BC to schedule football games with us. What is their incentive? You know Addazio is slamming us and our conference when talking to recruits who we've also had genuine interest in. They just added somewhat regional rivals in Cuse and Pitt to their league so it's not like they don't have any northeast rivals now.

I mean I get that they want to play us in hoops but I'm not sure they want to play us enough to start scheduling football games with us. Especially considering how good their hoops league is now. I hope I'm wrong.

And I hope we don't do a hoops deal with them before football is included. Don't fall for them saying lets do hoops for the next 8 years and in 2016 we'll see how our football schedule is. If thats the case tell them to call us when their football sched is opened and we'll discuss hoops and football.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't trust BC to schedule football games with us. What is their incentive? You know Addazio is slamming us and our conference when talking to recruits who we've also had genuine interest in. They just added somewhat regional rivals in Cuse and Pitt to their league so it's not like they don't have any northeast rivals now.

I mean I get that they want to play us in hoops but I'm not sure they want to play us enough to start scheduling football games with us. Especially considering how good their hoops league is now. I hope I'm wrong.

And I hope we don't do a hoops deal with them before football is included. Don't fall for them saying lets do hoops for the next 8 years and in 2016 we'll see how our football schedule is. If thats the case tell them to call us when their football sched is opened and we'll discuss hoops and football.

Frankly I could not care less what their motivation is. They need us to create a buzz in their media market, where they're about 20th on the totem pole. The bi-annual visits of Clemson Florida State and Virginia Tech sure ain't doing it. Don't care if Addazio is ripping UConn, that's part of the game. UConn has three times as many NFL draftees in recent years. If PP isn't selling that, there there really is no hope for him.

But agree, there definitely has to be firm linkage between hoop & football games. Trust but verify.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We better have bc football in contract for games before we ever take the court for bball.

Playing them while in the aac shoots the invite us to the acc and we will burst there attendance and views argument. The whole thing was uconn would have to play bc instead of the Cold War. It would be a big rival game that would energize the region football wise. What bc is missing blah blah. Now if u play them OOC then that argument never holds.

Whatever, you guys keep supporting warde and what he's doing.

I say not a dam soccer or baseball game until we either get a acc invite or a b10/12 one and then can make them look up at us and switch it around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom