UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (AEH, Gordon, Coombs, Others) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (AEH, Gordon, Coombs, Others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Did she pass her mother?

Not sure yet.

CaazLYxVIAEdfB7.jpg

Reaction Score
Via CA, Geno had this to say about Molly. Quick,tough and smart can take you far in WCBB and at UConn.

"She's built a little bit like Kelly Faris, but smaller," Auriemma said. "And she is a good athlete. When you look at Molly you think, 'Oh, she must be your typical smart point guard.' Then she goes right by guys and you think, 'How did she do that?' I'm telling you, that kid is tough."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think I can offer a safe prediction about Kyla and Molly even though I have never seen them play other than short highlight clips:

• They will be intelligent and highly motivated, and will not make mental errors with any frequency.
  • They will be in great physical shape and have a lot of endurance.
  • There will be certain things, such as jump shooting and especially free throw shooting, that they do exceptionally well -- far better than most of their teammates.
  • Their overall technique on both offense and defense will be excellent.
  • They will quickly learn the offense and will be very good passers.
  • BUT, they will be slower and have less leaping ability than most of their teammates, which will be a problem for them on defense. If that were not the case, they would be ranked higher by the rating services.
In other words, they will in all of these respects be quite similar to Courtney Ekmark (and perhaps also Natalie Butler, although she seems to make a lot more mental errors than I would have expected).

Does that mean that they will be as far towards the end of the bench as Courtney has been thus far? Not necessarily, but that is certainly a possible outcome. If it is true for Molly, that will be tolerable because UConn will have plenty of backcourt depth next year. But if it is true for Kyla, it will be a problem for the team's front court depth, one that could actually cost a few losses that might not otherwise occur.
Joe,
I am still waiting to see Molly play live but having seen Kayla she will NOT be "slower and have less leaping ability than most of their teammates, which will be a problem for them on defense" . Kayla is 6'2" not blazing fast but her combination of proper technique and positioning of her body will make her a very good rebounder and defender. Kayla has Morgan Tuck like defensive skills, is a better passer & a better long range shooter than Morgan.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Joe,
I am still waiting to see Molly play live but having seen Kayla she will NOT be "slower and have less leaping ability than most of their teammates, which will be a problem for them on defense" . Kayla is 6'2" not blazing fast but her combination of proper technique and positioning of her body will make her a very good rebounder and defender. Kayla has Morgan Tuck like defensive skills, is a better passer & a better long range shooter than Morgan.
Really? That is wonderfully encouraging.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yeah - she looked really slow getting out ahead of everyone on that play! :cool:
Yeah. What a lead foot. I've said previously I wish her the gift of 2" more of height. Failing that dream please Kyla hit the weight room now. You'll need it.

Reaction Score
Joe,
Hope your right about Kayla being a better long range shooter then Morgan because Morgan is pretty good. Also if she has Morgan like defensive skills that would be great.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dangerfield scored 21 points on senior night Friday (2/5).

Kyla Irwin scored 37 points on Saturday (2/6). She's averaging 36/gm over her last three.

Espinoza-Hunter scored 17 points Saturday although her team was clobbered by 40.

Reaction Score
Molly Bent wins wager on UConn - South Carolina game:

UConn Class of 2016 signee Molly Bent (5-9 senior guard, Centerville, Massachusetts) has some bragging rights over Tabor Academy teammate and South Carolina signee Araion Bradshawthanks thanks to the Huskies' win over the Gamecocks. Bradshaw will wear a UConn t-shirt as part of an arrangement the two agreed on three weeks ago. Had UConn lost, Bent would have worn a South Carolina t-shirt.

Yea, Molly!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Molly Bent wins wager on UConn - South Carolina game:

UConn Class of 2016 signee Molly Bent (5-9 senior guard, Centerville, Massachusetts) has some bragging rights over Tabor Academy teammate and South Carolina signee Araion Bradshawthanks thanks to the Huskies' win over the Gamecocks. Bradshaw will wear a UConn t-shirt as part of an arrangement the two agreed on three weeks ago. Had UConn lost, Bent would have worn a South Carolina t-shirt.

Yea, Molly!
That bet was easy money.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/10

In her final home game Kyla Irwin scored 43 points for the second time in a week on Wednesday. She added 14 rebounds and 9 steals.

She is averaging 32.6 points over her last 7 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom