UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia - Round 3 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Question 15 - Reverse Sheep Round
yaRMGrx.jpg

14) Name a Naismith Player of the Year winner (since 1985).

Responses:

Joe Smith (+6):
aburks41, Calamity17, Matrim55, mauconnfan, Minicoop69, Uc990411

Jameer Nelson (+4):
Cassius Klaiber, DaveHuskiesFan, PartyAtKemba, tcf15

Calbert Cheaney (+2):
Mano, Robertelamin

Christian Laettner (+2):
Chin Diesel, husky10

Danny Manning (+2):
Dogdeacon, Guyer Gym

Doug McDermott (+2):
breezy, caw

Elton Brand (+2):
August_West, methodology

Jimmer Fredette (+2):
KINGOPANCAKES, KOisKing

Trey Burke (+2):
Hungryhusky99, Shabizness

Tyler Hansbrough (+2):
Mervthepurvis, Tenspro2002

Andrew Bogut (+1):
scoe

Anthony Davis (+1):
Tommyboy

Blake Griffin (+1):
Deepster

Glenn Robinson (+1):
scotty0330

Jay Williams (+1):
SubbaBub

Larry Johnson (+1):
Bcisco

Marcus Camby (+1):
UConNick

Tim Duncan (+1):
Kembuckets21

T.J. Ford (+1):
HuskyFich

*Incorrect Responses*
Allen Iverson (+7):
rayrayfor3

Ben Simmons (+7):
Huskyforlife

Chris Jackson (Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf) (+7):
gurleyman

Denzel Valentine (+7):
navery12

Emeka Okafor (+7):

BoatShow

Reaction Score
Standings through Question 15
-341: KOisKing
-339: breezy
-338: August_West
-329: gurleyman
-319: Bcisco, Calamity17
-317: tcf15
-314: methodology
-309: SubbaBub
-308: Hungryhusky99, KingOPancakes
-305: HuskyFich
-304: mauconnfan
-303: Matrim55
-302: UConNick
-296: Shabizness
-294: Dogdeacon, PartyAtKemba
-282: Robertelamin
-281: Deepster
-280: aburks41, Chin Diesel, Minicoop69
-279: DaveHuskiesFan, scotty0330
-278: Cassius Klaiber
-270: Mano
-269: navery12
-262: Uc990411
-262: Tommyboy
-257: Huskyforlife
-252: rayrayfor3
-236: Tenspro2002
-230: caw
-222: Guyer Gym
-178: scoe
-164: Kembuckets21
-141: Mervthepurvis
-129: husky10
-106:
BoatShow

Also calculate your own points, and let me know if you come up with a different total.

Reaction Score
Interesting to see where people went with this one. Tim Duncan is probably the most well known and definitely the best player chosen.

Who else thought about picking him but thought he was going to be a popular pick?

Reaction Score
It's a bonus question, shouldn't be a layup. If you have season tickets or are up to date with the bball program (the practice facility was a big deal) then that question wasn't that hard

I live 3000 miles from Connecticut though, as you can see from my post count, I am quite up to date with the basketball program. The practice facility was a big deal, its naming was not.

That said, this is fun and I'm not really complaining since I wasn't going to win anyway.

Reaction Score
Interesting to see where people went with this one. Tim Duncan is probably the most well known and definitely the best player chosen.

Who else thought about picking him but thought he was going to be a popular pick?
Honestly, Jimmer was the first and only one that came to mind and I figured people would avoid it because everyone knows he beat out Kemba.

Reaction Score
Honestly, Jimmer was the first and only one that came to mind and I figured people would avoid it because everyone knows he beat out Kemba.

Oddly enough, timmy seemed like the most obscure winner I could remember for sure. Surprised Joe Smith was the most popular pick. My guesses were McDermott or Laettner.

Reaction Score

I whiffed. Was deciding between Lionel Simmons (who did win) and Chris Jackson (who didn't) as someone obscure that maybe nobody else would think of. Could have sworn Jackson won when he scored 30 ppg and ran away with the scoring title, but Danny Ferry got it that year.

Reaction Score
Oddly enough, timmy seemed like the most obscure winner I could remember for sure. Surprised Joe Smith was the most popular pick. My guesses were McDermott or Laettner.

That's funny. I live with 2 spurs fans and Timmy was the first to come to mind. I later changed it

TJ Ford :cool:

EDIT: I live with one spurs fan. The other just floats on my couch a few nights a week because we have league pass

Reaction Score
I think we'll get quite a few wrong answers on upcoming questions. I'm not certain of at least one of my picks despite Trump repeatedly asking to see the birth certificate

Reaction Score
That's funny. I live with 2 spurs fans and Timmy was the first to come to mind. I later changed it

EDIT: I live with one spurs fan. The other just floats on my couch a few nights a week because we have league pass

is League pass worth it? I can't decide if I would watch more basketball. I live in nyc, so I probably would.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I was going to pick TJ and changed it. Figured there were more likely dukie picks than J. Williams.

Reaction Score
is League pass worth it? I can't decide if I would watch more basketball. I live in nyc, so I probably would.
I've paid for League Pass the past 2 years and it went the same way both times. November/December I used it all the time. Then once UConn started conference play I would really only watch the NBA games that were on TNT or ESPN. I don't think I used League Pass after the all star break either year.

Reaction Score
Is it good if I'm catching up to the guys at the bottom?:rolleyes:
Weird anomaly that Joe Smith was the most popular choice.
Either:
A. 4+ people live in Maryland
B. Generic name
C. Maybe that's the graduation year = average age for median contestants. That's how I picked Danny Manning.

Reaction Score
Was Emeka not co-NPOY with Nelson? Is there not a banner in Gampel? Or is that just a lie I've been telling myself for 12 years?

Reaction Score
Question 16 - Reverse Sheep Round
NbfLc8X.jpg

16) Name a Husky who was born outside of the U.S.A.

Responses:

Niels Giffey, Germany (+6):
BoatShow, breezy, husky10, Huskyforlife, Minicoop69, rayrayfor3

Ben Gordon, United Kingdom (+5):
Mano, scoe, scotty0330, SubbaBub, Tommyboy

Ater Majok, Sudan (+5):
aburks41, Cassius Klaiber, DaveHuskiesFan, Hungryhusky99, Shabizness

Uri Cohen-Mintz, Israel (+4):
Bcisco, Deepster, tcf15, Tenspro2002

Marc Suhr, Germany (+3):
Chin Diesel, Matrim55, Robertelamin

Ajou Deng, Sudan (+2):
KINGOPANCAKES, Uc990411

Gilad Katz, Israel (+2):
gurleyman, Guyer Gym

Justin Brown, Australia (+2):
August_West, methodology

Leon Tolksdorf, Germany (+2):
Calamity17, KOisKing

Nadav Henefeld, Israel (+2):
HuskyFich, UConNick

Amida Brimah, Ghana (+1):
navery12

Ben Eaves, United Kingdom (+1):
Mervthepurvis

Charles Okwandu, Nigeria (+1):
PartyAtKemba

Denham Brown, Canada (+1):
mauconnfan

Enosch Wolf, Germany (+1):
caw

Hasheem Thabeet, Tanzania (+1):
Kembuckets21

*Incorrect Response*
Vicente Ithier, Puerto Rico (+7):

Dogdeacon

I'm willing to hear a rebuttal to the Ithier ruling, but according to the U.S. Department of State, birth in the United States "means the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands of the United States."

Reaction Score
Kembuckets21

*Incorrect Response*
Vicente Ithier, Puerto Rico (+7):

Dogdeacon

I'm willing to hear a rebuttal to the Ithier ruling, but according to the U.S. Department of State, birth in the United States "means the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands of the United States."
See I kinda knew this was coming...
I humbly submit:
Is Puerto Rico* INSIDE the U.S.A.? I think no, its a territory outside the USA, hence its name/designation as an unincorporated territory. Just like Guam and American Samoa are clearly outside of the United States - I don't think anyone would argue the latter (Guam in middle of pacific, American Samoa South Pacific practically in Australia) two are inside the USA. So Puerto Rico is just cuz its closer?

I understand if you are born in Puerto Rico you are a US citizen, however individuals cannot vote for president and Puerto Rico itself cannot participate in our country as if it was a united STATE of America. So again in effect, that is akin to being 'outside' the united states. If it ever becomes a state then its inside.
I will abide by jfuchs final ruling or any ruling by kangaroo (for all we know kangaroos could be in American Samoa but not inside U.S.A.) court.

* In a related story UConn played the Puerto Rican national team either during or right after Vicente's UConn career in a pre-season exhibition. A drunken acquaintance (read dating a pretty girl in our group) of my group of friends was auditioning to be that season's Husky dog at this game. He ventured over to the Puerto Rican contingent at the game and after some seemingly playful miming borrowed their flag. He proceeded to wipe his Husky armpits with said flag. He was not that seasons Husky Dog and the girl dumped him.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dangitalltoheck, you mean I could have picked my many Doron Sheffer. And how do any of you remember that BG was born in the UK. You suck, the lot of you. :p:D:eek::cool:

Reaction Score
Dangitalltoheck, you mean I could have picked my many Doron Sheffer. And how do any of you remember that BG was born in the UK. You suck, the lot of you. :p:D:eek::cool:

Was going to go with BG - but he dallied with playing for the Britsh national team so I thought others might know his story and go with him. Next thought was Justin Brown - but figured he would come to people's minds as well since he had relatives on the old 'yard.

I came down to two choices - Gilad Katz and Enosch Wolf. My thought was that for the people who go with the recent German contingent, Giffey would be the choice of the reverse psychologists and Tolksdorf for the ones trying to go with the most obscure player, while Wolf might be in that in between area. Then for the Israelis - you had Sheffer/Henefekd on one side and Cohen-Mintz on the opposite obscure name list, with Katz in the more forgettable middle. I was on the right track - Marc Suhr would have normally been another good choice but he was the lone German from that era and stands out a little more.

I didn't feel comfortable with any of the African big men. They were all about the same skill level (other than Okafor, who was born in Texas and Thabeet, who seemed too obvious but was only picked by one person) so I didn't know which way the group think would go.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

I totally thought I was going to be alone with BG. Stupid elephant like memories around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom