UConn Recruiting Speculation | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First, let me say that Sarah certainly should take as much time as she needs to make her decision. Personally, I‘ve accepted that she’s probably not coming to UConn. The thing about that though, is why, if SS has decided against us, aren’t we moving on Emily Rodriguez? Is she too, holding off on committing for some reason? Somehow that seems unlikely Which leads me to conclude that either Geno knows SS is coming or he doesn’t have a clue! If he knew she wasn’t coming, you would think we would be hearing more about Emily.

My other question is whether there could be a time conflict in reference to the portal. Is it possible that Geno will have to make a choice between waiting on Strong or possibly losing a desired player in the portal? That’s assuming there is a desired player in the portal, of course!:rolleyes:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
.My other question is whether there could be a time conflict in reference to the portal. Is it possible that Geno will have to make a choice between waiting on Strong or possibly losing a desired player in the portal? That’s assuming there is a desired player in the portal, of course!:rolleyes:
Guessing here - perhaps Geno wants a player that hasn’t been in another program as it’s easier to start from scratch with an incoming freshman

Reaction Score
I don't know where SS is going, but choosing the right college has such huge implications for the rest of your life that I honestly think it's admirable that she's taking her time and doing what's best for her.
it used to........now if you have the slightest complaint, you simply transfer to the next school and sometimes the next one after that....

Reaction Score
Caitlin Weimar is sitting there for the taking.
I think UConn could do far worse than Ms. Weimar...........I assume if there is interest on either side it has or will be communicated..........we have yet to see who's entering the portal from the elite teams............I doubt Geno is making any commitments until he sees what talented players might be available during the next few weeks......

Reaction Score
I think UConn could do far worse than Ms. Weimar...........I assume if there is interest on either side it has or will be communicated..........we have yet to see who's entering the portal from the elite teams............I doubt Geno is making any commitments until he sees what talented players might be available during the next few weeks......
I think the obvious first choice is Sarah, but if she goes elsewhere the next priority is not clear at all. Emily is an option, but would she be a better choice than Weimar? I don't know. Emily is not showing up on top recruit rankings yet, and unlike Weimar she could reduce the number of additional spots for 2025 recruits.

The odds are not high, but we could have a roster issue two years from now if we add a HS recruit or a portal player with more than one year of eligibility, because conceivably Paige, Azzi, and Caroline could play two more years, not just one. If that happens and we add Sarah or Emily, the 25/26 roster would only have room for one more 2025 recruit.

Right now I think I would prefer Weimar to Emily because it is more a position of need, and would guarantee that we could pursue at least two additional 2025 recruits even if Paige, Azzi, and Caroline played for two more years. Weimar however has played against very weak competition, so I still hope a much better big enters the portal before all is done.

Reaction Score
That must be one be one weak league.

13.5 points, 6.1 rebs, 1.8 assists, 2 steals
Exactly. You need to know more about the quality of the league in evaluating her stats. For example, there's a big difference in putting up 26/15/5/5/2 in the Big 10 vs. in the SWAC.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
From the few highlights I've been able to find, Emely runs the court better than Sarah. She would be an excellent addition, a big strong wing/forward with excellent handles.
“The best thing about her is her humility,” Pelaez said. “A lot of big-time athletes can come in with an attitude, but she’s team-first and the first one to own up to it when she makes a mistake.” Sounds like a UConn-type player to me.

Reaction Score
Was reading a puff piece about Duke and their NCAA performance this am in Swish Appeal- mostly about how they have been masters of the comeback. The author noted that Sarah is considering both Duke and UCONN. The article concludes that UCONN might win Sat, but that Duke is primed with an awesome recruiting class for next yr, when it will be “Strong-er” than ever.

Reaction Score
Was reading a puff piece about Duke and their NCAA performance this am in Swish Appeal- mostly about how they have been masters of the comeback. The author noted that Sarah is considering both Duke and UCONN. The article concludes that UCONN might win Sat, but that Duke is primed with an awesome recruiting class for next yr, when it will be “Strong-er” than ever.
I think that writer must really like Duke. I think it is a toss up. Anyone claiming Duke has/will secured her is biased (like me).

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I htink we're goingto lsoe outto Duke as well in regard to Strong.

And the game vs Duke-- imo it's pick 'em. A barnburnergame.

Reaction Score
UConn must have scholarships hidden in a drawer somewhere.
My assumption is there are “commitable” offers and some “non-commitable” or contingent offers. I understand this is prevalent in football but assume it pops up in other sports as well.

Reaction Score
My assumption is there are “commitable” offers and some “non-commitable” or contingent offers. I understand this is prevalent in football but assume it pops up in other sports as well.

It's very common in basketball as well. The majority of teams have lots of contingent offers out there. For example, there are literally hundreds of offers that go out to very tall HS freshmen. Over 90% of those offers can't be accepted until a couple of years later. Often after the player finishes his/her junior season or AAU season, or until after making an official visit. Most of those offers are rescinded well before that time, when the player fails to develop as much as the coaches had hoped.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It's very common in basketball as well. The majority of teams have lots of contingent offers out there. For example, there are literally hundreds of offers that go out to very tall HS freshmen.

Yeah, but this is a senior who is entering college this fall and who is claiming to be down to five programs.

Reaction Score
Two of those are different from the others. And one of those is a geographic anomaly.
Anyone who has an offer from both SCar and UConn can go pretty much anywhere she wants.
Because she's from the Dominican Republic, she may have other considerations besides which is the best wbb program. Obviously UConn and SC are the best from that perspective, with Arizona a close third. But FSU and UCF may make sense out of a desire to be closer to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom