UConn Recruiting Speculation | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think there's not necessarily a big talent gap between players ranked 40 and above and some who aren't ranked at all.......
I think there generally is between say 40-75 and between 75 -150, but the further out you get from the top the less exposure many of the players have had, and the more surprises occur both positive and negative. Many years there is a huge gap between the #1 player and the #10th with the biggest gap somewhere in that 10 player range.

On Sarah ... I don't blame any player during this covid exception period and the new transfer rules, for waiting for more clarity on what team they are joining before committing. As a minor example, Uconn with Paige returning but Edwards and Muhl departing is a significantly different team from what would have been if Edwards returned but Paige left. And the free for all that is the Portal can be even more significant.

Reaction Score
I think there's not necessarily a big talent gap between players ranked 40 and above and some who aren't ranked at all.......
I agree 100%. A lot will depend on where the player goes and how they fit in with the coaching staff and other players.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't know. When a kid holds out this long, I tend to think the issue is the stress of the decision and having to tell a bunch of coaches, "No, sorry I'm going somewhere else." I think this may be the issue given how quickly she ruled out SC and LSU after the debacle. It gave her an easy out. My biased Duke fan self says, she is choosing Duke and is nervous to tell the schools that have been recruiting her for years that she is going with the Dark Horse. LOL
Players still have 3 weeks until the Regular Signing Period. (4/17/24).

Reaction Score
Emely Rodriguez has received an offer. She’s a 6-1 or 6-2 (seen both listed) wing, similar to Sarah’s size and position

. This is from last year

From the few highlights I've been able to find, Emely runs the court better than Sarah. She would be an excellent addition, a big strong wing/forward with excellent handles.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
From the few highlights I've been able to find, Emely runs the court better than Sarah. She would be an excellent addition, a big strong wing/forward with excellent handles.
Did people note this from the article?

The 6-foot-1 wing was one of the most complete players in all of Florida. She was the No. 2 scorer in South Florida at 26.5 points per game, but also led the Mustangs with 15.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game (!), while shooting 68 percent from the field, and helping to anchor Horeb Christian’s defense with 5.5 steals and 2.3 blocks per game.

In the title game, Rodriguez still had 19 points, 14 rebounds, five blocks and four steals just two days after she went off for 24 points, 19 rebounds, five blocks and four steals in the 3A semifinals.

Reaction Score

The 6-foot-1 wing was one of the most complete players in all of Florida. She was the No. 2 scorer in South Florida at 26.5 points per game, but also led the Mustangs with 15.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game (!), while shooting 68 percent from the field, and helping to anchor Horeb Christian’s defense with 5.5 steals and 2.3 blocks per game.

In the title game, Rodriguez still had 19 points, 14 rebounds, five blocks and four steals just two days after she went off for 24 points, 19 rebounds, five blocks and four steals in the 3A semifinals.
I don’t think there’s any doubt about what Emily brings to the table. If Geno offered her as an alternative to Sarah Strong, I ‘m pretty sure she’s got the goods!

Reaction Score
Perhaps both Emely and Sarah are coming to UConn.

Unless there’s a transfer out (which we’re not allowed to speculate on) or a Medical Exemption, there‘s only one scholarship available with Paige and Aubrey returning.

Reaction Score
While most players make earlier decisions than Ms. Strong, that gives us supposed adults no cause to criticize her. She has chosen, perhaps with parental guidance or with personal preference alone, to be deliberate and thoughtful in making a decision that may have serious consequences for the next many years of her life.

I hope she chooses UConn. Whatever her choice, I respect her way of making that choice.
I’m prepared for Sara going else where. Situation is somewhat like Boston who waited until the last day of the early sighing period before she broke our hearts and went to S.C. Boston was supposedly in the bag for UConn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think there generally is between say 40-75 and between 75 -150, but the further out you get from the top the less exposure many of the players have had, and the more surprises occur both positive and negative. Many years there is a huge gap between the #1 player and the #10th with the biggest gap somewhere in that 10 player range.

On Sarah ... I don't blame any player during this covid exception period and the new transfer rules, for waiting for more clarity on what team they are joining before committing. As a minor example, Uconn with Paige returning but Edwards and Muhl departing is a significantly different team from what would have been if Edwards returned but Paige left. And the free for all that is the Portal can be even more significant.
There is another factor that looms large for the Huskies but no one wants to talk about it and really until sometime in October there will be no information available. What factor? The injured Huskies. Will they be able to come back and what version of each of them will come back? A big roster with substantial issues.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
There is another factor that looms large for the Huskies but no one wants to talk about it and really until sometime in October there will be no information available. What factor? The injured Huskies. Will they be able to come back and what version of each of them will come back? A big roster with substantial issues.
Very true. I’ve seen some really talented players never be the same after considerable time away, especially with leg injuries. But some of them were several years ago and both operations and rehab techniques have improved a lot.

Reaction Score
Unless there’s a transfer out (which we’re not allowed to speculate on) or a Medical Exemption, there‘s only one scholarship available with Paige and Aubrey returning.
The one roster spot is a key factor. For those that don’t know, Rodriguez is a serious talent who has been under the radar because she only came to Fla. from the Dominican just before her junior year. It may be that her offer is a conditional one that depends on Strong’s decision. If that’s the case, UConn should be happy to get either one because IMO there’s not a big difference in their overall skill levels.

Reaction Score
I’m prepared for Sara going else where. Situation is somewhat like Boston who waited until the last day of the early sighing period before she broke our hearts and went to S.C. Boston was supposedly in the bag for UConn.
I remember this all too well. It was a big loss for UConn, but I am happy Ms. Boston did very well at SCar.

Reaction Score
Yess - she or anyone else should be blamed. - And Sarah or any other player shouldn't be blamed one iota for waiting. This is one the biggest decsions of their life. There should never be ever an iota of blame thrown out oor a high school player or student etc making a decision late. It's their business and it's enomrous decision for their life.

Reaction Score
Emely Rodriguez has received an offer. She’s a 6-1 or 6-2 (seen both listed) wing, similar to Sarah’s size and position

. This is from last year

Emely is one athletic young lady! NICE HIGHLIGHT film. So, first Sarah... then a choice between
Emely (for 4 years) or Kaitlyn Chen (for one year). INTERESTING CHOICES... But I wait for Sarah.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

That must be one be one weak league.

These were her averages as a senior at Central Pointe:

13.5 points, 6.1 rebs, 1.8 assists, 2 steals

Reaction Score
Yess - she or anyone else should be blamed. - And Sarah or any other player shouldn't be blamed one iota for waiting. This is one the biggest decsions of their life. There should never be ever an iota of blame thrown out oor a high school player or student etc making a decision late. It's their business and it's enomrous decision for their life.
I meant to say "should NOT be blamed. OOOPs!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score

Right, and on Sarah she might well be waiting for Geno to signed that contract.

Reaction Score
unless u can see the future, u do not know that/

geno is more in the know then anyone here.
I can read! So, based on the only information available right now, we have room for one player. Sure, something could happen, and Geno is more in the know, as he is the head coach, but I am going with what is currently known to us and that is; we have room for one player! I suppose it’s also possible we don’t take anyone if we’re talking about the unknown future! Or, maybe Geno will get a waiver for a couple of extra players to make up for all our injuries!:cool:

Reaction Score
Perhaps both Emely and Sarah are coming to UConn.
unlikely.........I have a feeling the Strong ship has sailed.....
The one roster spot is a key factor. For those that don’t know, Rodriguez is a serious talent who has been under the radar because she only came to Fla. from the Dominican just before her junior year. It may be that her offer is a conditional one that depends on Strong’s decision. If that’s the case, UConn should be happy to get either one because IMO there’s not a big difference in their overall skill levels.
I've got to disagree with you on that comparison..........Strong is a woman among girls playing and proving it at the highest level.........while Ms. Rodriguez appears to have some really good skills, Sarah Strong is an ultra-elite shooter and passer and could very well be the missing link needed to lead UConn to multiple national championships..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom