UConn Recruiting Speculation 6 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I'm UConn I am all over Weimar.

Weimar has become a matchup nightmare for opponents, and it starts with her dexterity with both hands.

“Usually we can scout a post and say, ‘Hey, force them left or force them right to their weak hand,’ but she really doesn’t have one,” Graves says.

That means when Weimar gets the ball in the post, defenders must be prepared for a number of possible actions. She can spin inside for a layup, she can pound her defender down low and sink her signature hook shot—from the left or right side. She can score facing up to the hoop, she can get to the rim with a step-through move, she can punish sagging defenders with a smooth midrange jumper. And when opponents send double or triple teams, she can kick the ball to open shooters.

Graves calls Weimar an “unstoppable force.” As a former three-year post player herself, at women’s college basketball powerhouse Notre Dame, the BU coach would know.

Weimar has perfected the traditional aspects of post play—strong footwork and rebounding ability. But what has impressed Graves the most is that she’s shown the ability to play with a versatility and mobility that’s rare in a post player.

“She sprints up the floor like a gazelle. She’s able to play in and out around the rim, she has a soft touch around the rim,” Graves says. “All these things that are not always teachable were really special to me.”

How Caitlin Weimar Became an “Unstoppable Force” for BU Women’s Basketball
With all of these attributes, the question is how did she end up at BU?

Reaction Score
With all of these attributes, the question is how did she end up at BU?
Good question. Late bloomer ? what was her rank out of highschool ? Looks like an ONO or better on tape. Maybe, like ONO, a bit slim on foundation for securing, maintaining position, but sure looks like more of a traditional post than Strong. Does she have a high post jump shot ? I'd pursue her if the rooster spot is there for her. Need a vet to secure the position until the youngins fully develop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom