UConn Recruiting Speculation 6 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a thread to discuss known players of interest and other potential recruits. This thread is different from the monthly recruiting thread in that thread drifts and posters discussing their hopes on who comes to UConn aren’t allowed there. While this thread has more latitude, it’s still about the recruits, how they might fit into the team, who you wish to see come, deeper discussion about their skill sets, recent performances etc.
  • No transfer talk EVER (see the rules tacked at the top of the board)
  • No discussion of who is staying/going (discussion to this will result in the thread being shut down by the admins)

Reaction Score
What's the scoop on Emely Rodriguez? What player on team or past is she most like? She's about Q's/Zeiebel/Cheli's size? What makes her distinguishable to potentially help the team next year?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What's the scoop on Emely Rodriguez? What player on team or past is she most like? She's about Q's/Zeiebel/Cheli's size? What makes her distinguishable to potentially help the team next year?

Emely is a forward listed at 6'0" or 6'1", depending on the source. She's probably a SF, but might be able to play as an undersized PF. She's probably taller and more solid than Q. She's taller than Allie and about the same height as Morgan, but a bit stronger. She is dominating her league, putting up about 26/15.

She's not listed in the top-100 by HG, but she just came to the U.S. from the Dominican Republic recently, so she's probably under the radar. LSU apparently has interest. She looks like a top-50 player to my untrained eye.

Emely is not the answer to our lack of size, but she looks like a player to me. In the videos, she doesn't appear raw. Her story reminds me of that of Lou Lopez-Senechal--coming from an unlikely place, wanting to chase her dream, and being a late bloomer. She'll wind up on a good Division 1 team. Is she our backup plan to Sarah Strong? Do we have roster space?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Does anyone think that UConn's interest in the 6'6" Juco player means that the coaches know that Strong is not coming to UConn? I hope not.

Reaction Score
I looked at Emely's videos now, and wow! She is very skilled and quick and crafty. She has a lot of quick direction changes, and I like how she makes bunnies and does layups well. She doesn't seem afraid to go after the ball, either, and seems more like the kind of player that South Carolina has been recruiting to their advantage. I like her a lot!

Reaction Score
Does anyone think that UConn's interest in the 6'6" Juco player means that the coaches know that Strong is not coming to UConn? I hope not.
Two different kinds of players.........If Jana and Patterson come back healthy and Ice continues to Improve, that's going to be a pretty competitive frontcourt...........there's going to be so much more outside firepower next season that I'd be looking for an athletic and strong defender/rebounder at the four as an additional option if Strong goes elsewhere....

Reaction Score
Sarah Strong just followed Kellie Harper on Instagram. I personally don’t think her decision is imminent at all.

Reaction Score
I have posted before, if Jana is completely healthy next year, she is the answer to our 5. I watched games on YouTube of her in FIBA competition and in one game she scored 37 points and 17 rebounds. She is strong to the basket and I read she is now 6'6". With our returning players and our new HS all-stars coming in, I believe Uconn has all it needs for a dominant season next year, I am chafing at the bit in anticipation. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Sadly, I have a feeling it's not UConn.........Dawn gets the recruits she wants these days.....:mad:
Maybe someone could explain why Strong would go to a school that not only has a very good player already at her position, plus at least one, maybe two good backups, but that also just received the commitment of the number two player in the country at the same position? I don’t get it!
Having said that, I doubt we’ll get her but “Que sera sera” if we do, great and if we don’t…. We’re still gonna be loaded for bear and either AE will come back or we will get someone good from the portal!

Reaction Score
In the few videos I’ve seen Emely looks like she’s for real. Shoots ok, has good handles and runs the floor well. If she’s as athletic as she looks she could fill Aubrey’s shoes eventually. She seems to be an aggressive competitor.

I’ve seen Emely listed as 6’0” or 6’1”. Morgan is usually listed as 6’2” but may really be 6’1”. Morgan looks to have the more complete game as of right now, and is a credible pg, which would be interesting at that size.

Apart from the question of bigs, Geno also likes to have big guards, like Evina Diana Paige Azzi Anna Caroline Saylor (if she’d stayed) Aubrey Mir Kia Pheesa, Katie Lou, Gabby… the list goes on. It’s a versatile size and his motion office works well with players like that. Morgan will fit that mold perfectly, and so will Emely if she comes to Storrs. Geno will do great things next season

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hey @MilfordHusky for all our edification, what year is Emely-2025 or 2026?

Sorry, I was busy earlier today. Geew1992 is correct, as usual. Emely Rodriguez (E-Rod) is class of 2024. The fact that she has not announced makes me wonder if she got a conditional offer--if Sara Strong doesn't come, the slot is yours. Just speculation, but sensible to me.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is a UConn only thread. Take conversation about So Carolina tothe General Board

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I believe Strong is coming to UConn and waiting to see how things unfold over the next few months. I also believe that UConns interest in the JUCO player is because UConn doesnt know how effective and inexperienced their post players coming back from injuries will be. We have read Geno's comments regarding our freshman this season. Will that be the case next season with our freshman class coming in and those coming off injury. We dont know if those coming back from injury will need time to heal and get up to speed. Again I believe Strong comes and she will need starter minutes. That means UConn will have 2 HS number 1's in Paige Azzi and Sara.

This season we see we need more shooters and scorers and have become very dependent on Paige and Aaliyah to carry the team. Next season our 5 coming off injury may not be able to go 25+ minutes a game. We dont know how effective they will be coming off injury and how long it will take them to become effective.

Going into next season we need more scorers/shooters. Azzi Caroline Shade Cheli and Zeibel imo are on the top of the list of those who can put up points, along with Strong. Strong is the number 1 HS player and a really really good big who can score inside and out. She is what UConn needs. Frankly she is what every teams needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom