UConn Recruiting Speculation 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a thread to discuss known players of interest and other potential recruits. This thread is different from the monthly recruiting thread in that thread drifts and posters discussing their hopes on who comes to UConn aren’t allowed there. While this thread has more latitude, it’s still about the recruits, how they might fit into the team, who you wish to see come, deeper discussion about their skill sets, recent performances etc.
  • No transfer talk EVER (see the rules tacked at the top of the board)
  • No discussion of who is staying/going

Reaction Score

I feel like this late in the recruiting process, Geno being at Sarah’s game yesterday confirms that it’s only between South Carolina and UConn for her. Haven’t seen anything about UNC or LSU in awhile.

I don't believe it for an instant.
It's not "late in the recruiting process." She can't even sign an LOI until April 17,

Reaction Score

I feel like this late in the recruiting process, Geno being at Sarah’s game yesterday confirms that it’s only between South Carolina and UConn for her. Haven’t seen anything about UNC or LSU in awhile.

Pretty sure she’s been to 3 UNC games this calendar year alone.

Reaction Score
UNC would be attractive to the extent it means Sarah would start all four years. Title hopes would be slender though. Sort of like Juju going to USC. Whatever either team accomplishes will be attributed to them.

From what I gather, Sarah doesn’t want to be stuck in the low post. She’s a passer and a shooter in addition to being a great post player. I’d think she’d be attracted to Geno’s style of coaching where a big often functions as a high post passer and shooter. But she may not want to be in the middle of a crowded roster.

Reaction Score
Well, I desperately hope we get her but the truth is; we are (assuming good health) going to be absolutely loaded at the forward position next year. I realize that’s an iffy proposition (having a healthy team) but I am told by reputable sources that it is possible to have a fully healthy roster. All we can do is hope!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
UNC would be attractive to the extent it means Sarah would start all four years. Title hopes would be slender though. Sort of like Juju going to USC. Whatever either team accomplishes will be attributed to them.

From what I gather, Sarah doesn’t want to be stuck in the low post. She’s a passer and a shooter in addition to being a great post player. I’d think she’d be attracted to Geno’s style of coaching where a big often functions as a high post passer and shooter. But she may not want to be in the middle of a crowded roster.
that's very positive thinking. after the past three years it's awesome to assume uconn will ever have a 'crowded roster' :D

Reaction Score
that's very positive thinking. after the past three years it's awesome to assume uconn will ever have a 'crowded roster' :D
Very true, in a bitter-sweet way.

And of course, the fears of a crowded roster would apply much more to SC, where Sarah will likely face 14 high school all Americans (I exaggerate) competing for playing time. Will she want to compete with Watkins Feagin Kitts Edwards + whatever transfers Dawn can bring in? Dawn has been a recruiting genius for the last several years, but all that success can bring its own difficulties.

Apparently Shaq offered her this (probably unsolicited advice): go where they need you. If she takes that seriously, UNC has a good chance. But UConn would have a better chance than SC.

Reaction Score
All the things we’re not allowed to talk about were addressed by Daniel Connelly in today’s WBB Weekly article.

Reaction Score

And of course, the fears of a crowded roster would apply much more to SC, where Sarah will likely face 14 high school all Americans (I exaggerate) competing for playing time. Will she want to compete with Watkins Feagin Kitts Edwards + whatever transfers Dawn can bring in? Dawn has been a recruiting genius for the last several years, but all that success can bring its own difficulties.

Apparently Shaq offered her this (probably unsolicited advice): go where they need you. If she takes that seriously, UNC has a good chance. But UConn would have a better chance than SC.
My advice is always go with your first choice. (Hoping it was UConn)

Reaction Score
It would seem that it would help. They don't play the same position, Paige shares the ball and gets it inside, and she makes UConn much more competitive nationally. What's not to like?

Reaction Score
I believe Paige is playing G/F right now. Isn't that the same role they see for Sarah???

Reaction Score
Be careful. Azzi also had to be a generational talent.......I division college basketball is a very difficult test that involves a lot of things.

Reaction Score
It would seem that it would help. They don't play the same position, Paige shares the ball and gets it inside, and she makes UConn much more competitive nationally. What's not to like?

Sarah doesn't want to play inside.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Only a three horse race?

Reaction Score
Sarah doesn't want to play inside.
Sarah won't be playing "inside." Instead - she can both score inside, rebound inside, and defend inside. She will not be a player that plays just inside. -She'll be initiating a lot of the Offense from the Perimeter. UCONN never has just one Initiator. She would be the 2nd Initiator and do it as a freshman. Then be the lead as a soph.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
UNC is also in a roster crunch next season. They have 11 so far for the 24-25 season and all 5 seniors have an extra year for covid. I imagine Donarski stays. Not sure about the others. Kelly could go to W or head back to texas for her 5th year closer to home. Same goes for the other 3 (Poole, Zelaya, Utsby). I think Poole may be from NC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom