UConn Moves Up Two Spots to No. 8 in Associated Press Poll | The Boneyard

UConn Moves Up Two Spots to No. 8 in Associated Press Poll

Reaction Score
So does the prospective higher ranking in the appropriate "poll" get the team out of the Spokane region?

Reaction Score
So does the prospective higher ranking in the appropriate "poll" get the team out of the Spokane region?
I suspect the other BY Bracketology experts will chime in, BUT... from my view...
IF the Committee follows the standard "S" curve, AND their ranking matches the AP (which it probably won't match exactly), UCONN being #8 would place them as the 4th 2 seed... which would likely move them to the Greensboro region... with SoCarolina as the #1... Hmmmmm. What other manipulation will the Committee come up with?

ON THE OTHER HAND.... IF the Committee ranking matches current Massey, #2 in Bridgeport is a good possibility.

Reaction Score
Massey ratings has UConn at #5
Massey puts a lot of emphasis on strength of schedule. Four of the top five ranked Massey teams are in the top 5 in schedule strength. Only Louisville is in the top 5 with an SOS out of the top 20 (#23). But their 21-2 record & their victory over UCONN keeps them ahead of the Huskies.

Reaction Score
I suspect the other BY Bracketology experts will chime in, BUT... from my view...
IF the Committee follows the standard "S" curve, AND their ranking matches the AP (which it probably won't match exactly), UCONN being #8 would place them as the 4th 2 seed... which would likely move them to the Greensboro region... with SoCarolina as the #1... Hmmmmm. What other manipulation will the Committee come up with?

ON THE OTHER HAND.... IF the Committee ranking matches current Massey, #2 in Bridgeport is a good possibility.
UCONN can pass #6 Arizona and/or #7 Indiana in the AP poll. They are only a few points behind each team.

Reaction Score
…4. The NCAA is inscrutable.
…5. The NCAA is illogical.
…6. The NCAA is scrofulous.
LOL...you're being kind. But illogical is the best description.
Geno joked that the committee will probably place UCONN as a #7 seed in the Spokane region. He has little respect for the committee's seeding formula.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1. No.
2. Polls don't determine seeding or bracketing.
3. Even if they did, there's a month of games left to play.
Of course our NET ranking looks pretty good too:

8F726379-E25E-4962-82A9-A8B0DE80FC04.png

Reaction Score
All the numbers don't take into account the Paige-factor. Assuming Paige returns, I think the NCAA would have to take that in consideration in the seeding. It would be unfair to the #1 overall (SCar) to give them UConn as their 2 seed if Paige is back and we win out.

If we win out and Paige is back, I think the NCAA would have us as the 5 or 6 overall, over IND and possibly AZ (the #7 and #6) even if they don't lose another game (which I think they will)

Reaction Score
How does Notre Dame go from 20th to 19th after loosing to an unranked team?? And how does Tennessee go from 7 to 13th after loosing to unranked University of Florida and 10th ranked Uconn?? And how on God's green earth is Iowa still ranked.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Of course our NET ranking looks pretty good too:

View attachment 73064
That's nice, but not decisive either. UNC is not in the committee's top 16, much less their top 5.

How is Iowa ranked 25, or ranked at all, when they lost yesterday.
You mean their loss on the road to the #6 team? Why in the world would that drop them from the top 25?

Reaction Score

I’d be very surprised if the powers to be put us in either s Carolina’s or stanfords region. They want that matchup if it occurs to be in the final four!

Reaction Score
I’d be very surprised if the powers to be put us in either s Carolina’s or stanfords region. They want that matchup if it occurs to be in the final four!
Believe me I was NOT saying any of my reply was a "given"... and it ASSUMED they follow standard "S" Curve.

There is way more season to play, more upsets likely (other peeps not UCONN), and more other things to throw wrenches in the system.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's nice, but not decisive either. UNC is not in the committee's top 16, much less their top 5.
Not decisive, but definitely informative.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How does Notre Dame go from 20th to 19th after loosing to an unranked team?? And how does Tennessee go from 7 to 13th after loosing to unranked University of Florida and 10th ranked Uconn?? And how on God's green earth is Iowa still ranked.
Apparently no one is good enough to pass them.

Reaction Score
UConn because of the crowds they will draw will be in the Bridgeport region unless they have a complete collapse which is not happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom