UConn Moves Up Two Spots to No. 8 in Associated Press Poll | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Moves Up Two Spots to No. 8 in Associated Press Poll

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
She dislikes Duke WBB.... according to many Duke fans.... so join the club.
I actually think that she likes SoCar more than her alma mater (she does make her current home in SC, I believe).

Reaction Score
NC State or Louisville will probably be the 1-seed in Bridgeport, with UConn the 2-seed. Thats the most likely scenario at this point.
I'm thinking Louisville in Wichita, and NC State in Bridgeport with UCONN as the #2 seed. The 19 point win with Caroline and Paige out vs. the Evil Orange [<] Empire made all the difference. It's also good that we still have two games vs. Marquette (#3 in BE; #60 in NET rating), AND Butler was postponed (Hopefully, not rescheduled) as Butler [#322]would drop UCONN in the NET rating even with a 20+ pt MOV.

UCONN still has Villanova [#81] and DePaul [#43].

Now we just need Villanova to be rescheduled to Weds, 2/16/2022 @ Villanova.

Reaction Score
Don’t sell anything yet! Creme is a sportswriter and not associated with the committee that makes the actual brackets
Creme seems to want to influence the committee, but he usually is around 82% correct for all teams NOT UCONN; UCONN he is around 50/50 for accuracy. As HuskyNan said, don't do anything based on Creme's picks, wait until the actual NCAA bracket is released on Selection Sunday.

Remain calm!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
They beat NC State; that’s why. Watch their next game and tell everyone why they are not a Top 20 team, They have one of the best post players and two of the best Freshmen. There is talent on that team.
They lost their next game to an unranked team yesterday, Florida State.

Reaction Score
I would say that if Michigan and Indiana lose to Maryland and Iowa, and NC State loses to an unranked team, then UCONN has a chance at the top #2 seed and, perhaps, Bridgeport.

On the other hand, if either Baylor or Iowa State wins out, that team could pass UCONN for the last #2 seed. Iowa State has to play 3 ranked teams: Texas, Oklahoma, and Baylor.

Reaction Score
I can see Michigan as the final 1-seed. I think they have the clearest path comparable to the other candidates at this point (Louisville, Arizona). Both of those have to go through a better team in their leagues at least once (perhaps twice for AZ with Stanford, not that they can’t win one or both of those) and I can’t see either winning out (Louisville also has to go through ND twice).

Michigan’s road certainly isn’t paved but the Big Ten feels relatively safe right now — Indiana is missing Holmes and Maryland hasn’t been right all year. Iowa is dangerous but Michigan just took them out without their best wing/guard in Brown. (Iowa was missing a few players as well).

In any case, I think NC State gets Bridgeport and UConn is probably the #2 there. I think that would actually be a pretty good matchup, too. Both those teams are well-balanced in composition, athleticism, and depth.

Reaction Score
This year it will be skewered because the committee knows that Uconn has played the last couple of months without the best player in the country. When Paige comes back the committee will rank Uconn as a 2 seed. I don't see any scenario they can be a 1 at this point although with Paige their better than both Louisville and nc state and probably Stanford as well. The team we match up the worst with is S.Carolina because of their size. The only way we can drop to a 3 is the unlikely scenario of losing a game to a big east team.
have to be careful with depaul

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom