UConn Moves Up Two Spots to No. 8 in Associated Press Poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Moves Up Two Spots to No. 8 in Associated Press Poll

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
IF the Committee follows the standard "S" curve, AND their ranking matches the AP [...]

ON THE OTHER HAND.... IF the Committee ranking matches current Massey [...]
But neither of these hypotheses is correct. The committee doesn't even consider AP or Massey. They look at the NET, but, just as was the case with the good ol' RPI, even that is but one small piece among MANY criteria they consider.

I get that projecting is part of the "fun" (or angst, as the case may be), but we got all kinds of non sequiturs flying around these seeding-and-regional threads.

Reaction Score
But neither of these hypotheses is correct. The committee doesn't even consider AP or Massey. They look at the NET, but, just as was the case with the good ol' RPI, even that is but one small piece among MANY criteria they consider.

I get that projecting is part of the "fun" (or angst, as the case may be), but we got all kinds of non sequiturs flying around these seeding-and-regional threads.
OMG.. I was answering the previous question... and tried hard to put qualifications on the answer. There is nothing concrete about any of this, or what the Committee will do until Selection Sunday...

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
How does Notre Dame go from 20th to 19th after loosing to an unranked team?? And how does Tennessee go from 7 to 13th after loosing to unranked University of Florida and 10th ranked Uconn?? And how on God's green earth is Iowa still ranked.
Apparently no one is good enough to pass them.
I dislike anything Golden Domers, but they did beat NC State, albeit at home, last Monday. So...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I suspect the other BY Bracketology experts will chime in, BUT... from my view...
IF the Committee follows the standard "S" curve, AND their ranking matches the AP (which it probably won't match exactly), UCONN being #8 would place them as the 4th 2 seed... which would likely move them to the Greensboro region... with SoCarolina as the #1... Hmmmmm. What other manipulation will the Committee come up with?

ON THE OTHER HAND.... IF the Committee ranking matches current Massey, #2 in Bridgeport is a good possibility.

In the unlikely event that they send UConn to Greensboro.... and if the TV cameras pan the crowd and you see a ahem burly man wearing a Duke shirt and a faded old school UConn hat... then you will know who it is.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Thursday at halftime of the SC-KY game.
Ah, thank you. I have been just like a cable company news network lately, nothing but misinformation and is what I actually believed. :eek:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
In the unlikely event that they send UConn to Greensboro.... and if the TV cameras pan the crowd and you see a ahem burly man wearing a Duke shirt and a faded old school UConn hat... then you will know who it is.
So everyone...look for this dude.

duke_bag_hat.jpg

Reaction Score
Who is this??

and if the TV cameras pan the crowd and you see a ahem burly man wearing a Duke shirt and a faded old school UConn hat... then you will know who it is.

That doesn't look like anyone I know

Reaction Score
I think they said there were 4 teams from the SEC and 4 from the pac10 and that is why we were going to WASH.. does that still apply?

Reaction Score
UCONN can pass #6 Arizona and/or #7 Indiana in the AP poll. They are only a few points behind each team.
That is a worthy and realistic goal now. At #6 if they use the S curve that might help them avoid being in South Carolina or Stanford's region, maybe Louisville, Michigan, or NC State instead.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Notice 2 pretty average Big 10 schools rank ahead of UConn. Sad.

Reaction Score
Creme has us 5th and playing in Spokane... Anyone what to buy my Bridgeport tickets??

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
In the unlikely event that they send UConn to Greensboro, you'll find me at Hops before the game, pacing the concourse during the game, and at Maxie B's after the game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the unlikely event that they send UConn to Greensboro, you'll find me at Hops before the game, pacing the concourse during the game, and at Maxie B's after the game.

I have issues with Hops. :mad: Wish you hadn't mentioned Maxie's... cause now I want some cake. :oops:

The Greensboro games this year are Friday and Sunday... which I prefer to the last time.

Reaction Score
Notice 2 pretty average Big 10 schools rank ahead of UConn. Sad.
Right now I have both Michigan and Indiana in the Elite 8 and Michigan in the Final 4. I love UCONN, but those schools earned those rankings IMO. NC State, Arizona and even Louisville are vulnerable. I expect movement in the top 10 in the next couple of weeks. UCONN has to just keep making minor improvements and they will have as much a chance as anyone, including SC to cut down the nets.

Reaction Score
Who cares?
How is Iowa ranked 25, or ranked at all, when they lost yesterday.
Obviously the person who asked the question does care.

My guess is that it was because Iowa was ranked 21st and lost to Michigan who was ranked sixth. A team ranked 21st is supposed to lose to a team ranked sixth. The question should be, why would a team drop after losing to a higher ranked team in a relatively close game? If you believe the rankings, lower ranking teams should not be penalized for losing to teams that they are supposed to lose to.

Example: If you currently believe that South Carolina and Stanford are the two best teams in the country, and they were to play today and Stanford was to lose a close game to South Carolina, does that automatically mean Louisville is better than Stanford, just because Stanford lost? However, just say that Stanford‘s loss was to NC State, who is ranked fifth, then you can make an argument that Stanford is not the second best team in the country this week.

Reaction Score
So does the prospective higher ranking in the appropriate "poll" get the team out of the Spokane region?
Not necessarily. Depends on lots of things.

Reaction Score
Do they sell cheerwine at Greensboro coliseum?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom