UCONN Football Helmet concepts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN Football Helmet concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
images
instead of uc put the husky dog there. maybe get rif of the name on them also and go for a more solid/tradition rich look like this shorts wise

images

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
HuskyfanDan, I love the passion and I like some of the ideas, but NEVER get rid of the name.....ever....never ever....

The word "UCONN" is a contraction that belongs solely to us, and it is universally recognized across the country (Big Red helps us spell it out, and very few call us "Connecticut"). It should be on our b-ball jerseys and shorts, and it should be on the football jerseys (also as an homage to our old helmets and jerseys). The next most important symbol is the dog; plain and simple. Also universally recognized; also why your avatar is so cool, along with the liquor. Jonathan needs to be represented. Should be somewhere on the jerseys in all cases. The block C is our football symbol, and as such, should be somewhere (likely the helmet, but if we ever change the helmet design, can easily go on the jersey or pant leg). That's my two cents, anyways.

Reaction Score
Not to be snide (but I'm going to be) - who outside of Connecticut recognizes the block C?

Does the block C look good? Yes. But it has ZERO marketing value. UConn built its prominence off the damned Husky dog whether or not you like it.

F. All along I thought our prominence was built on winning.

Reaction Score
F. All along I thought our prominence was built on winning.

Huskymania had a huge part in the sustaining the support behind the program to the point we have become a national power.

Reaction Score
DII Stillman has the best current football helmet that pertains to an animal
stillmanlid.jpg

Reaction Score
I get a little nostalgic reading this thread. Remember when we had a logo that people identified with the University of Connecticut? And was part of a 75 year tradition of having a unique all white husky? And a helmet that looked like it was classic? Of course that was before we got "free" redesign services from Nike, and the designer happened to own a masked husky, and we went all clip art because it was easy and cheap. By the way, what in heavens name is that Stillman helmet supposed to be? Tiger? Jaguar? Creature from the black lagoon?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Ironic when you're claiming that nonsense about the masked husky when it's a certified unrefutable FACT that the prior logo modelled the owner's Samoyed.

Reaction Score
Ironic when you're claiming that nonsense about the masked husky when it's a certified unrefutable FACT that the prior logo modelled the owner's Samoyed.
I didn't say it wasn't. I said the designer of the new Husky used a masked husky because that what he has. He said it at the unveiling. Showed a picture of the dog. UConn has been represented by a white husky in various forms for 75 years. if Warde had put down the donut and looked he would have know that.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I didn't say it wasn't. I said the designer of the new Husky used a masked husky because that what he has. He said it at the unveiling. Showed a picture of the dog. UConn has been represented by a white husky in various forms for 75 years. if Warde had put down the donut and looked he would have know that.

Brilliant integration of your hatred for the uniforms with a WM donut reference.

You do an excellent job of staying on point. Well done.

Reaction Score
Reviving this discussion, and the comments so far, are pretty much why I've been staying away as much as I can from wrting.

Energy black hole. Shining my flashlight here.

In 2 weeks, I will be preparing my tailgate gear, and be ready to get up to the Stadium for UCONN v. BYU. It's opening day for 2014, in 2 weeks.

#Huskyup

Reaction Score
WOW! You're going to start getting you gear prep'ed in 2 weeks! Hope you get done before the gates open! ;)

Reaction Score
Again with the helmets! I'm loving our helmets. And guess what. They look even better to me on our now finely conditioned, ready for four quarters, better prepared, highly enthusiastic, supremely confident and superbly coached band of blue--blooded brothers. Now let's kick the ball off and roar like h*ll. #Hungry Huskies. #Husky Up

Reaction Score
Complaining about the new uniforms, logo, and helmets do what exactly?

Energy-Vampires.jpg

Reaction Score
I want to see a picture of freescooter's six pack since his rabid hatred of donuts exceeds even his incessant complaining about the logo designed to help children get to sleep at night.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
SiberianHuskyNorm2.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My daughter will give up her stuffed animals before freescooter does.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
We need a flag on the site, the topic spiral flag to let you know a recycled topic is back for another round of s#it-slinging.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom