UCONN Football Helmet concepts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN Football Helmet concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like the concept helmet. I like our current helmets. I'm not sure if that's a real opinion or not.

I do think the tongue should be gray, though.

Reaction Score
I love the block C, I think its great....I don't buy any UConn gear with the interlocking UC anymore. That being said.....If a concept helmet like this were ever to come to fruition and we busted out one of these slick helmets once a year for homecoming or a big night game, it would be flat out awesome!

Absolutely nothing wrong with a little flair every now and then

Reaction Score
uconn_logo.jpg
uconn_logo2.jpg

Is removing the tongue enough to make it not "too cute" anymore?

Reaction Score
I don't quite get why we'd want to go with grey or black, same with some of the others...why would the Scarlet knights of Rutgers want to go with grey and gold? I actually liked the large block C on the black one, just put it on dark blue...I think the Husky head logo on the grey would look good on white, too. But I don't like the idea of changing uniforms evey other game. I sure don't like the idea of changing helmets. You want to have one special for some event, I guess its ok. But I really htink you are who you are. And you don't see the major programs doing this for the most part. Maybe they do a throwback here and there, and if we did that we could do the half blue half white one from the late 60s (1968 I think)

Reaction Score
If you really want to see the players get hyped, and the stadium go nuts?
Play one game in black uniforms with the black helmet(block C).
I'll bet the stands will be full waiting the team entrance!

Reaction Score
i think it's as hideous as Kramer when he smoked!

"the man is a goblin!" -Jackie Chiles, Esq.

i like the block C. if we want to continue to build our tradition and brand we should stick with the block C. i wouldn't mind seeing a more metallic blue like a previous poster mentioned or some other minor touchups, but we should keep the basics.

i really don't understand what the artist was going for with Rutgers' helmet, unless he was going for "I'm out of ideas, lets do gray and brown"

Reaction Score
Our husky logo really needs some teeth. Not giant fangs or cartoon teeth like louisville's cardinal teeth. I think there is some realistic option. There was an article some years back grading the most intimidating big east logos and the uconn husky was eight, behind the the likes of the the syracuse "s" and the WVU "wv" (I still think that Otto the Orange is so laughable and he has his tongue sticking out too). Maybe an upgrade is in order?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Very cool.

I like the helmet, but I'm not sure if it is a little too "Dallas Cowboys" for our team. In fact, it would be a stark improvement if the Dallas Cowboys started wearing THESE helmets!! I think I'm sold a little more on the blue version, just so long as they darken the blue a little to match the blue on our uniforms.
6849814715_fce82e2c34_z.jpg

Reaction Score
Block C has become our football identity

The Husky face has been and will always be UConn's logo. That's the brand that people identify the University of Connecticut with. When you see the Huskies insignia on ESPN or CBS it isn't a block C. That block C is stale and boring and something you do not want associated with a growing, thriving university. Go with the very cool looking concept helmet. National flag blue helmet w/ white logo for dark uniforms, white helmet w/ natioanl flag blue logo on white uniforms. It's coordinated, modern, different and unique.

Reaction Score
The Husky face has been and will always be UConn's logo. That's the brand that people identify the University of Connecticut with. When you see the Huskies insignia on ESPN or CBS it isn't a block C. That block C is stale and boring and something you do not want associated with a growing, thriving university. Go with the very cool looking concept helmet. National flag blue helmet w/ white logo for dark uniforms, white helmet w/ natioanl flag blue logo on white uniforms. It's coordinated, modern, different and unique.
That is incorrect. There have been plenty of times where ESPN used the block "C" logo for basketball highlight reels.

Oregon uses a block "O". Tell Phil Knight he has it wrong.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
That is incorrect. There have been plenty of times where ESPN used the block "C" logo for basketball highlight reels.

Oregon uses a block "O". Tell Phil Knight he has it wrong.

I don't know, Butchy. I'm starting to get used to the block C, but keep in mind that the UConn dog logo has been our image for quite some time. It has even gone through a couple of "make-overs" in the past. I feel like we are just starting to build an identity with the block C logo, but that it isn't fully associated with us yet. In fact, you could make the argument that when a non-fan thinks of a "C" on the helmet, that they are more likely to think of Cincinnati first. However, the "O" of Oregon or the "A" of Arizona are more well-known as their branding, I think.

I still love them both...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=ehrrx1qjof2owakh79jq

Look at Oregon's logos they've used in the past. They were using Donald Duck up until 1993. They've been using the block "O" since 1999.

According to here, we've been using the block "C" since 1996. That seems incorrect. But the block "C" seems well received on that site.

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=884[/quote]).

Great point. It's funny how the Oregon "O" seems to be a lot older than that, but I guess that's due to the fact that Donald Duck was walking through the "O" in the much older symbol. I was also a little thrown by the timeline of the block C, but keep in mind that it didn't make it on to our helmets until much later. We were still wearing the word "UCONN" at the time.

Still your point is well taken. Maybe we need to be patient with our symbol and continue to foster it, so that when people say, "I'm going to the 'C'", they know it's UConn (kinda like 'The U' and Miami).

Reaction Score
Block C has become our football identity, why go back? Should we start using costumes instead of uniforms like Maryland? Love and always will the block C .......

Not to be snide (but I'm going to be) - who outside of Connecticut recognizes the block C?

Does the block C look good? Yes. But it has ZERO marketing value. UConn built its prominence off the damned Husky dog whether or not you like it.

Reaction Score
I love the block C, I think its great....I don't buy any UConn gear with the interlocking UC anymore. That being said.....If a concept helmet like this were ever to come to fruition and we busted out one of these slick helmets once a year for homecoming or a big night game, it would be flat out awesome!

Absolutely nothing wrong with a little flair every now and then

And truth be told, I love the interlocking C way better than the block C. The problem is, UConn was one of many UC schools that used something along those lines and maybe was trying to avoid a USC East vs. USC West lawsuit. Most of my UConn merchandise either has the husky or the interlocking C's.

Reaction Score
Not to be snide (but I'm going to be) - who outside of Connecticut recognizes the block C?

Does the block C look good? Yes. But it has ZERO marketing value. UConn built its prominence off the damned Husky dog whether or not you like it.
I've worn my block C hat all over the place travelling for work (Texas, Cali, Florida, even Ohio, Iowa and Nebraska - people do recognize it. Not like the block M or Bama's A, etc... But it is gaining awareness.

Reaction Score
Watching "College Gameday" on ESPNU live in Storrs. I see a lot of UConn t-shirts, loads of Husky logos like what's on the concept helmets but no block C. I rest my case. Lose the block C. It's boring.

Reaction Score
Watching "College Gameday" on ESPNU live in Storrs. I see a lot of UConn t-shirts, loads of Husky logos like what's on the concept helmets but no block C. I rest my case. Lose the block C. It's boring.

Block C isn't a basketball thing. You'll never see it associated with basketball. It's a football only thing and I honestly think it's not a smart marketing move.

Reaction Score
You can try complaining about that to Herbst. She wore the block "C". At a basketball game.

Reaction Score
You can try complaining about that to Herbst. She wore the block "C". At a basketball game.

Clearly she doesn't own enough UConn gear then if she can't wear a basketball jersey to a basketball game :D

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dear warde and susan,

drop all 15 styles/logos uconn has. the script, the old dog, the new dog, the block c and interlocking uc -drop everything...start from scratch in your mind. think of what other schools u want to be like brand wise and think of our history and so on.

Flordia/Texas/Alabama/Michigan/North Cary/Kentucky/Tenn/PSU and so on

take the block C and make that the logo. i want to see that as the logo everywhere. put it on the helmets as the main jersey on baseball hats and so on. take the new husky dog and get rid of the tounge. no red or gray or blue, just no tongue! that give the husky dog all blue and white color wise but most importantly its not cute/kid ish. its a normal looking logo with a little agressive stance to it yet pg rated. put that on t shirts sleves, bball shorts in corners, on the lines of fball pants. on all jerseys "connecticut" should be put. were not a historic program with no lable just a color. we need our name out there on everything. for our 3rd jerseys in sports go "uconn" or "the cut". in fball 3rd jersey wise make the helmet something cool with the husky dog logo for fun like whats here in another thread. get rid of red all together, its not us. uconn is blue-white. and no gray in bball. for the 3rd jerseys do the pink for the women like they do for boobies thats fine. do black for bball and fball for the men with dark blue as the 2nd color, thats badass...

images

on the helmet and the gator on the pants, same with fsu with the 2nd logo on the pants.

images
"connecticut" is what all of our blue jerseys in sports should say like this.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
as our 3rd jersey in sports "uconn" is where it should be at
images

images
put "uconn" on these and make the pads our drak blue and the helmets be special ones with the husky logo concept on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom