UCONN Football Helmet concepts | The Boneyard

UCONN Football Helmet concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
check out this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fourteen85/6849814453/in/set-72157629252972909/

Personally I wouldn't complain one bit if we were to incorporate one or two of the concept helmets for big Nationally Televised games and a bowl game... Yes what we currently have is solid... but being that we're simply UCONN in FBS football to me it'd make a ton of sense in terms grabbing the eye of some recruits... This is a new day and age in college football part of it is adding a little flair to the uni's. and helmets... Thoughts????

Reaction Score
Tevrin Brandon posted a picture of onetwitter yesterday. Think of Boise States helmets with a metallic navy blue and and the Huskie logo on the left side.

They are pretty cool looking. Certainly wouldn't mind another option.

Reaction Score
just got a tweet from Charles Sollars ( @CharlesSollars ) that the Flickr is broke at the moment and he'll send me a link when fixed...

Reaction Score
Flickrs down atm, but heres one of the designs, and probably the best one
if only we could get rid of the tongue , and that logo would be just fine

Reaction Score
My opinion on our helmets is that I wouldn't mind some minor tinkering, like making the blue more metalic, things of that sort, but I like, and I think we need to maintain as our identiy, the block C. We're too new to be trying to change logos every few years. get one and keep it. So when people see that logo on a blue helmet they know right off that they are watching Connecticut.

Reaction Score
So when people see that logo on a blue helmet they know right off that they are watching Connecticut.

When did they stop putting the names of the teams playing in the graphics during broadcasts?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Based on the picture above, this link should give you all of the concept helmets for all of the BCS teams:
http://www.lostlettermen.com/2-13-2012-acc-big-east-helmet-concepts/2/
I don't mind UConn's, so long as they darken up the blue to national flag blue (we're NOT duke!). some of the concepts for teams with longstanding helmet designs are horrible, though. I'm not sure if we are a Nike school, and I think these are Nike designs.

Still, Nostical has a point. Our helmets are outstanding. Let's build the tradition with one consistent look...

Reaction Score
Flickrs down atm, but heres one of the designs, and probably the best one
if only we could get rid of the tongue , and that logo would be just fine
do the husky up angry and in chrome.

Reaction Score
I like the one the OP posted the black helmet with the smaller UConn logo. Couldn't make a sweeter helmet then that one.

Reaction Score
Based on the picture above, this link should give you all of the concept helmets for all of the BCS teams:
http://www.lostlettermen.com/2-13-2012-acc-big-east-helmet-concepts/2/
I don't mind UConn's, so long as they darken up the blue to national flag blue (we're NOT duke!). some of the concepts for teams with longstanding helmet designs are horrible, though. I'm not sure if we are a Nike school, and I think these are Nike designs.

Still, Nostical has a point. Our helmets are outstanding. Let's build the tradition with one consistent look...
To answer your question, UConn is a Nike School. We switched away from Aeropostale 7-8 years ago.

Reaction Score
Block C has become our football identity, why go back? Should we start using costumes instead of uniforms like Maryland? Love and always will the block C .......

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
There's no pleasing everyone, that's for sure. Personally, I like the idea of a 3rd uni... maybe wear it once a year on homecoming. I love the black helmet the OP linked to... black/blue uni's with gray/red trim would look pretty bad-arse to me. then you still have the block C the rest of the games...

Reaction Score
Just an FYI these are NOT official, they are a pet project of someone trying to get a job from Nike / UA/ Adidas.

Reaction Score
Very cool.

6849814715_fce82e2c34_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members