Men - UConn Fall Ball 2023 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Fall Ball 2023

Reaction Score
Has been posted but only with returning players. Bios updated ,etc. however, no new additions that should be coming soon.

That is a new posting as of this morning. However, it seems to include everyone who was on the roster this past spring season, even players who did not return to the team this fall. I am guessing that in a short while that roster will be edited to remove players who did not return to the team, and to add in the new recruits.

Reaction Score
That is a new posting as of this morning. However, it seems to include everyone who was on the roster this past spring season, even players who did not return to the team this fall. I am guessing that in a short while that roster will be edited to remove players who did not return to the team, and to add in the new recruits.
dbmill - How many pitchers do they normally keep? Does it vary slightly from year to year? Not the travel roster just the normal home spring roster. thanks

Reaction Score
dbmill - How many pitchers do they normally keep? Does it vary slightly from year to year? Not the travel roster just the normal home spring roster. thanks

Up until the Covid pandemic started in 2020, the regular spring season roster size was 35 players in D1 baseball. That roster size has varied since the start of the pandemic. For instance, it was 37 players last season. I read somewhere on the internet that the roster size for D1 Baseball this coming spring season is 40 players. The expansion of the spring roster is at least partly due to some players getting an extra year of eligibility due the affects of Covid on the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

Anyway, I counted 18 position players on the UConn baseball 2023 fall ball roster. If the 40 man roster is correct for this season, I am kind of expecting all 18 position players to be on the roster. That would mean 22 pitchers would be on the roster as well. When spiring rosters limited to 35 players, usually there would be somewhere around 18 pitchers on the spring roster.

I have noticed in the past that UConn baseball fall ball rosters usually have about 45 players on the roster. It really hovers around this number every fall.

This fall ball season there are certainly more pitchers on the UConn fall ball roster than there normally would be. Guessing that is because of the generally inconsistency of the pitching staff last spring season. Guessing because of this the UConn coaching staff wanted to look at a few more arms this fall ball season.

Reaction Score
Has been posted but only with returning players. Bios updated ,etc. however, no new additions that should be coming soon.

Well, I just did some checking around on the UConn Athletics website, and did some clicking on around on the baseball roster. Yes, I did come across the Fall Baseball Roster. As @MarkyMark said, only returning players are currently posted, the incoming freshmen and transfers will no doubt be added soon.

Reaction Score
Up until the Covid pandemic started in 2020, the regular spring season roster size was 35 players in D1 baseball. That roster size has varied since the start of the pandemic. For instance, it was 37 players last season. I read somewhere on the internet that the roster size for D1 Baseball this coming spring season is 40 players. The expansion of the spring roster is at least partly due to some players getting an extra year of eligibility due the affects of Covid on the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

Anyway, I counted 18 position players on the UConn baseball 2023 fall ball roster. If the 40 man roster is correct for this season, I am kind of expecting all 18 position players to be on the roster. That would mean 22 pitchers would be on the roster as well. When spiring rosters limited to 35 players, usually there would be somewhere around 18 pitchers on the spring roster.

I have noticed in the past that UConn baseball fall ball rosters usually have about 45 players on the roster. It really hovers around this number every fall.

This fall ball season there are certainly more pitchers on the UConn fall ball roster than there normally would be. Guessing that is because of the generally inconsistency of the pitching staff last spring season. Guessing because of this the UConn coaching staff wanted to look at a few more arms this fall ball season.
Thanks for the information. Very helpful. Looking forward to seeing some of the arms tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the information. Very helpful. Looking forward to seeing some of the arms tomorrow night.

Last fall I went to several exhibition games and scrimmages. It seemed that Sears was often a starting pitcher when I went, and he spent most of last season as a starting pitcher. I'm quite interested to see which pitchers end up getting used as a starting pitcher in these games. Of course, the starters only go a few innings in these games. Certainly interested to see who else pitches in these games as well.

Reaction Score
Garrett Coe. Weekend Rotation.

It could happen. However, this summer Coe was used out of the bullpen while playing in the Cape League. Anyway, whether Coe is used as a starter or out of the bullpen, assuming he is not hurt, I expect that he is going to see plenty of time on the mound during the spring season in key situations.

Reaction Score
Well, I just did some checking around on the UConn Athletics website, and did some clicking on around on the baseball roster. Yes, I did come across the Fall Baseball Roster. As @MarkyMark said, only returning players are currently posted, the incoming freshmen and transfers will no doubt be added soon.

The online roster now includes the players new to the team this fall ball season.

Reaction Score
It could happen. However, this summer Coe was used out of the bullpen while playing in the Cape League. Anyway, whether Coe is used as a starter or out of the bullpen, assuming he is not hurt, I expect that he is going to see plenty of time on the mound during the spring season in key situations.

Thinking about it, I'm inclined to think the best use of Coe would be in long relief out of the bullpen. Not many pitchers are good for long stints for several innings out of the bullpen, but Coe has certainly shown that he can be quite good at it.

I think using Coe as a weekend starter depends on how other UConn pitchers do this season. If UConn ends up with a solid starting rotation that is pretty consistently good, I prefer Coe to be used in long relief. However, if this does not happen, Coe can definitely step in as a starting pitcher if needed.

Reaction Score
Yea, I thought he was excellent in long relief…even 2 yrs ago in supers. Based upon that alone I thought Coe woulda got a look in the rotation this past season. However, long relief seemed to be where he was valued. I just think he’s an innings eater, induces contact and pitches freely sorta speak. Coe can certainly put a few ugly games together but that’s gonna happen with contact regardless. Either way starter, long relief, he’s arguably top 3 key wives of the staff going into the season

Reaction Score
UConn starting pitcher in exhibition game against Avery Point is Garrett Coe.

Reaction Score
Coe gave up 2 homers in his 2 innings that he pitched. S. Quigley and Cooke looked good, each pitching 2 scoreless innings after Coe came out.

Reaction Score
UConn batters doing a good job of getting on base, also taking advantage of a bunch of Avery Point fielding problems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom