UConn -5.5 | The Boneyard

UConn -5.5

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Who ya got? Feels like too many points…I’m staying away.

Reaction Score
-6 right now on draftkings.

I would either take UConn -6 or Marquette moneyline (or maybe both).

We could continue playing terribly and lose against a good team.

Or it could be the case that we're a really bad matchup for Marquette and we win by a comfortable margin. I have no idea.

But if you're taking Marquette +6 you might as well take them outright.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
-6 right now on draftkings.

I would either take UConn -6 or Marquette moneyline (or maybe both).

We could continue playing terribly and lose against a good team.

Or it could be the case that we're a really bad matchup for Marquette and we win by a comfortable margin. I have no idea.

But if you're taking Marquette +6 you might as well take them outright.

Hmmm I think I disagree ... we seem to always play close games, I think Marquette +6 or UConn ML might make sense. But in gambling, I could be (see: am always) wrong.

I have not bet on any hoops yet and I have some money left from my awful football postseason so I might dip in and see what I can do.

Reaction Score
Hmmm I think I disagree ... we seem to always play close games, I think Marquette +6 or UConn ML might make sense. But in gambling, I could be (see: am always) wrong.

I have not bet on any hoops yet and I have some money left from my awful football postseason so I might dip in and see what I can do.
We have a number of OT games and close losses, but otherwise we've tended to win handily.

I mean, it's possible we win a close game, but I think the bulk of the probability distribution once you get to the Marquette side of +6 is concentrated in Marquette actually winning the game, and the odds make it worthwhile even if you lose it more often than you win.

That said, I just threw down a bet on Marquette +6.5 while I wait on moneyline becoming available. I might cancel the +6.5 later.

Reaction Score
We have a number of OT games and close losses, but otherwise we've tended to win handily.

I mean, it's possible we win a close game, but I think the bulk of the probability distribution once you get to the Marquette side of +6 is concentrated in Marquette actually winning the game, and the odds make it worthwhile even if you lose it more often than you win.

That said, I just threw down a bet on Marquette +6.5 while I wait on moneyline becoming available. I might cancel the +6.5 later.
Our only games we really won handily were against the weaker teams. I can't make sense of the line. UConn desperately needs a win and they're at home but Marquette has Morsell this time who put the clamps on us last year in the tournament.

I would bet Marquette to cover but I've never bet a UConn game in my life and no longer bet on any games.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I’m a bit surprised to be honest, Marquette has been playing well, UConn has stunk up the court for four straight games.
But I hope they are right!

Reaction Score
With the way we’re playing right now and the way Marquette is playing? Yikes this line is way off. Avoid or take the points to hedge your game viewing experience.

Reaction Score
No way in hell I’d ever put down money vs UConn under any circumstances but that line is a Xmas present from Vegas.

Reaction Score
Put some down on Marquette now +7 and also Marquette +235 ML.

I'll probably hedge one or both of those in-game if we get off to a slow start.

I thought I'd be able to cancel the +6.5 I placed last night, but DK isn't letting me. I wonder if they don't let you cancel a bet once you've made two of the same kind on the same game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What else do you do for fun....are cats involved?
lean GIF

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I always stay away from UConn lines, it is tough to take my rose shaded lenses off no matter how bad they are playing. With that said if you are one who will not bet against your team stay away from this line.

Reaction Score
I actually think we cover the line tonight....with Hawkins having more confidence I think he'll have a big breakout game. If he and Polley both get going from deep we are a totally different team. We do need Sanogo to stay out of foul trouble, but if he can do that and we can get him some touches early I think we win going away. The team is desperate need of a big win and I'm optimistic we get it tonight.

Reaction Score
I actually think we cover the line tonight....with Hawkins having more confidence I think he'll have a big breakout game. If he and Polley both get going from deep we are a totally different team. We do need Sanogo to stay out of foul trouble, but if he can do that and we can get him some touches early I think we win going away. The team is desperate need of a big win and I'm optimistic we get it tonight.
Scrappy?

Reaction Score
Scrappy?
Nah, I just don't think we can play worse than we did the past few games. Our defensive intensity needs to improve A LOT and hopefully Saturday was a wake up call. We know we have the ability to play great team defense, we've just not seen it the past couple of games. If we come out and play closer to what we saw in the 2nd half of the Nova game I think we'll be in a good spot.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Marquette will win by 8-12 points. The free fall will continue.
If that happens then UConn is in heaps of trouble
I would like to think that the players are sick of losing close games and somehow will themselves to win this one in a close one

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom