Tyler Davis moves from QB to TE | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tyler Davis moves from QB to TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is Anderson's last year. Williams will have to compete against Bryant next year. I hope he is good. I hope Bryant evolves and stays healthy this year. I hope they kick Maine's ass.

Reaction Score
It's better that he gets moved now than next year or just ends up as a backup QB forever. He'll have multiple years now to learn the position. He is huge, and he is fast, and if he has hands then why not put him in a position to contribute? Hopefully this means Williams is the real deal.

Reaction Score
I thought at the spring game, Bisack clearly out-performed Davis and looked like a legitimate, composed QB back there.

This really doesn't surprise me. Lets hope Williams/Bisack can play and Davis finds some field time at TE. Never hurts to have too many 6'5, 240 lb athletes

I was also pleased with Bisak's performance in the Spring game. He threw some nice tight spirals, looked poised and in control. I have a feeling that Bisak's rise may have been a factor in Davis's move to TE.

He went from 5'8" as a freshman to 6'6" as a HS senior!

http://www.msgvarsity.com/connecticut/warde-s-bisack-grows-into-star-quarterback-1.1622933

C

Chief00

I have never been impressed with BS at QB. Let's hope I am wrong. You can only separate the offense's performance from the QB's so much - a good QB with a passable offensive line makes the other guys passable.

Reaction Score
I have never been impressed with BS at QB. Let's hope I am wrong. You can only separate the offense's performance from the QB's so much - a good QB with a passable offensive line makes the other guys passable.

He is the best QB we've had since Orlovsky...

Reaction Score
He is the best QB we've had since Orlovsky...

Maybe the best that could stay on the field . . . although I think Frazer still is the second best behind DanO. Endres was a far better talent.

Reaction Score

I think that's fair, but I also think it applies to about 80-90% of FBS QBs. There are only a small handful that command an offense and can make the reads and the throws. Edsall developed some reasonable depth when he brought Lorenzen, Frazer and Endres into the program. All serviceable.

One thing I do like about Diaco's approach is going dual threat. It is not realistic to assume we have a Dan O. in the program every season and there appear to be enough athletic kids out there that can offer the capability to throw and run. Be great to catch lightening in a bottle with some of these kids, but we just don't seem to be able to do it.

If Sherrifs stays healthy he will be one of the leading statistical QBs in UCONN history I would suspect. Not saying that makes him a great QB and I certainly don't see the NFL in his future. Serviceable and someone we can win with if the rest of the offense is balanced.

Seems like a grounded and good kid.

Reaction Score
Maybe the best that could stay on the field . . . although I think Frazer still is the second best behind DanO. Endres was a far better talent.

Agree with this. Frazer got a bad wrap because of the way Edsall ran the offense. He had an arm and had some terrific games like ND and SC. Endres may have been better, but if you can't stay on the team it's hard to get under center.

Reaction Score
Frazier 2nd best?? You guys are smoking crack. Guy threw a duck every other pass and couldn't hit simple 10 yard out route to the sidelines. He had 17 TD's and 21 INT's in his UConn career with 53 completion %.

Shirreffs is head and shoulders better than that scrub.

Orlovsky
Lorenzen
Endres
Shirreffs

Reaction Score
Frazier is on the list of worst QB's competing with Whitmer and Johnny McEntee.

Reaction Score
I think everybody on this board needs to give Shirreffs more respect. First year as D1 QB:

60% completion, 12 TD's, 8 INT's, 127.7 passer efficiency, 12.4 yards per completion. That's pretty good.

What makes those numbers even more remarkable is he did it behind an OL that, well, struggled quite a bit.

IF he stays healthy he should be more than just serviceable with an OL I expect to be much improved.

Reaction Score
Been drinking and I'm not going to read all this garbage. Cochran is the best QB since Orlovsky. Endres and Sherriffs follow. However, I think Sherriffs has tons of potential long term.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I really don't know how you realistically evaluate QB's over the last four or five years when we couldn't block a sunburn. All offense is predicated on some degree of OL play. That said, BrS (I still won't call him 'BS'), is the best we've had at avoiding a rush and extending a play - unless you want to count D. Foxx. I hope we get to see him this year with time to set his feet and work through progressions.

Reaction Score
Been drinking and I'm not going to read all this garbage. Cochran is the best QB since Orlovsky. Endres and Sherriffs follow. However, I think Sherriffs has tons of potential long term.
Lorenzen was more productive than Endres so he gets the edge...

Reaction Score
I have a vision of a double reverse TD pass to increase our lead over Cuse to 28-14 late in the game and seal the win.

Reaction Score
Frazier. Great arm. Decent leader. But he was an INT machine.
I agree with DoggPound that Lorenzen belongs #2 after DanO.
#3 might be the mullet. He really lit it up some games. Casey holds the single game passing record and will for some time. What might have been.....

Reaction Score
My vision might be a little more simple but just as effective. A bootleg pass from BS to TD, away from motion.. TD leaks out behind the LBs for a nice long TD reception.. Totally catches SU's defense sleeping on the misdirection.

Reaction Score
How many career starts did Cochran have? Under 10? How could he be on any list?
The list is best since DanO, not longevity. His career passing rating was 134.6. In less than 10, it was 9, games. All these opinions are, of course, arguable. But a reasonable case can be made for Casey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom