Tyler Davis moves from QB to TE | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tyler Davis moves from QB to TE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Do you guys think if Casey doesn't go down Davis doesn't see his usefulness diminished? That tandem was lethal the last 3 games of 2013. That team probably picks up 3 more wins at least.

Reaction Score
If Endres had stayed instead of McCantee, this would be a different program now. It took 5 years to unscrew-up the QB situation. Casey being hurt compounded it.

Thanks to Edsell for that.

Reaction Score
I just don't see how you can rate him high. His career was incomplete. We will never know and that's a shame.

I'm convinced that without the concussions Casey would have had a good shot at the NFL. He had the brains and the arm for it.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Frazier is on the list of worst QB's competing with Whitmer and Johnny McEntee.
Ha took the words outta my mouth, was just gonna ask where trick shot McEntee fell on the list lol

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I really don't know how you realistically evaluate QB's over the last four or five years when we couldn't block a sunburn. All offense is predicated on some degree of OL play. That said, BrS (I still won't call him 'BS'), is the best we've had at avoiding a rush and extending a play - unless you want to count D. Foxx. I hope we get to see him this year with time to set his feet and work through progressions.
DJ was pretty good in that aspect as well.

Reaction Score
I really think Shirreffs is underrated by some around here. He has a huge amount of potential if he remains heathy. Good arm, great wheels and a lot of heart. I feel very comfortable with him at QB, particularly if he can use better judgement to avoid big hits.

Reaction Score
If Endres had stayed instead of McCantee, this would be a different program now. It took 5 years to unscrew-up the QB situation. Casey being hurt compounded it.

Thank "Edsell" for Endres' decision to keep smoking weed?

Huh?

Reaction Score

Tom Brady would not have been successful under the tutelage of the stupid twins.

Reaction Score
I really think Shirreffs is underrated by some around here. He has a huge amount of potential if he remains heathy. Good arm, great wheels and a lot of heart. I feel very comfortable with him at QB, particularly if he can use better judgement to avoid big hits.

I have high expectations for Shirreffs second year. He certainly can be the top of the "best since Orlovsky" list. Better OLine; Better WR + TE in the Offense; and a good clear mentality as to what he can do & what the coaches expect from him.

Reaction Score
DJ was not a good quarterback. He was a bad passer and while he could run he didn't secure the football. How many times did he spike a rally with a fumble trying to get the extra yard on 2nd and 3? He didn't get that there is a difference between 4th and 2 and 2nd and 2. Lacked both the skill set and the football iq to play the position. Great job against Pitt though.

Reaction Score
Sherriffs can certainly be at least another Tyler Lorenzen. I think better. I thought last year he got happy feet in the later part of the season but that was largely due to getting clobbered on a regular basis early. With a competent line I like his chances to be at least an average D1 quarterback. Except for 3 weeks with Cochran we haven't seen that in years.

Reaction Score
Lorenzen won games and ran well, but his limitations as a passer were a killer. I know we succeeded with him, but putting him really high on the list requires accepting that a QB that can't throw can still be a good QB. That's kind of weird.

Reaction Score
How many career starts did Cochran have? Under 10? How could he be on any list?
No spitting match intended but I would start here. :D
UConn QB Casey Cochran Leads Huskies To A 45-10 Over Memphis
Not sure how he was not the starter sooner, this kid actually made a O-line look good rather than the other way around. His quick read and release was a thing of beauty even though he only had time to throw to the first option.
Just my opinion but his injury set the program back just as much as Paul.....OK that's not possible but close...;)

Reaction Score
No spitting match intended but I would start here. :D
UConn QB Casey Cochran Leads Huskies To A 45-10 Over Memphis
Not sure how he was not the starter sooner, this kid actually made a O-line look good rather than the other way around. His quick read and release was a thing of beauty even though he only had time to throw to the first option.
Just my opinion but his injury set the program back just as much as Paul.....OK that's not possible but close...;)
Not taking anything away from Cochran, tell me how many wins did that Memphis had going into that game?
His career never got far. Just stinks.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not taking anything away from Cochran, tell me how many wins did that Memphis had going into that game?
Memphis is a football giant, what do you mean they were awful for decades and decades?

Reaction Score
Navin, I'm not going to say your being a jerk here. :rolleyes: :) As usual here the original thread got morphed from the topic. This from Tyler changing positions to our best QB since Dan O. As for Tyler he is hell bent to do what ever HCBD wants or needs which is good for the team. As for HCBD, he is hell bent on having the new hybrid F position to which he had J Rose penciled in at. Could JR's being sick be the reason for Tyler's move? It is only speculation at this point.

As for you not taking anything away from Cochran, I think you may have somewhat due to short term memory. ;) Again no malice but we (UConn) were no shining example of D1 football early that year. Lost to the powerhouses of Towson and Buffalo.
CC had a game that had many of us seeing a bright future @ the QB position. Was Memphis Bama? Hell no, but they were a D1 opponent Casey picked apart with quick reads and releases like we had not seen in years if ever.
For those that were not there...

Reaction Score
Navin, I'm not going to say your being a jerk here. :rolleyes: :) As usual here the original thread got morphed from the topic. This from Tyler changing positions to our best QB since Dan O. As for Tyler he is hell bent to do what ever HCBD wants or needs which is good for the team. As for HCBD, he is hell bent on having the new hybrid F position to which he had J Rose penciled in at. Could JR's being sick be the reason for Tyler's move? It is only speculation at this point.

As for you not taking anything away from Cochran, I think you may have somewhat due to short term memory. ;) Again no malice but we (UConn) were no shining example of D1 football early that year. Lost to the powerhouses of Towson and Buffalo.
CC had a game that had many of us seeing a bright future @ the QB position. Was Memphis Bama? Hell no, but they were a D1 opponent Casey picked apart with quick reads and releases like we had not seen in years if ever.

Most level headed persons here won't say Cochran didn't have "it"

He was the real deal. He could have been in the NFL imo, but I just think it's hard to justify ranking him anywhere, high or low, when he only played a few games.

I also have a few crazy stories since I am well connected in the CTHSFB scene. Let's just say he wasn't going to be redshirted initially....

Reaction Score

You hurt my feelings early on a Saturday morning. You own me a beer on September 1st at The Rent.

Reaction Score
The New Haven Register Blogs: Ramblings from The Runway: UConn's Parker is suspended indefinitely

As for the practice, converted quarterback Tyler Davis earned praise from Diaco and offensive coordinator Frank Verducci. Davis, who only recently made the move to tight end, saw some time with the starters in today's morning practice.

"He acts like a 1 (a starter)," Diaco said. "He conducts his business like a 1. He is a try--hard guy. He is tough and smart, energetic, great passion, communicator, leader, how are you going to have a bad play with a guy like that out there."

Here's what Verducci had to say about Davis.

"He's a very unique player at the position,' Verducci said. "The one thing he has at the position is flat out speed. I think in time he is going to be a wonderful addition."

Reaction Score
I think if Casey's career had played out he would have been #2 since DanO no doubt. Lorenzen's time here was very positive, got it done although not your prototypical QB manner. I have no doubt Shireffs, with a solid final year to his career, can take the 3rd spot over a stockpile of "eh" QB's.

Who's the real "next" DanO is the biggest question, the hidden gem?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members