2024 Recruiting: - Tyler Betsey breaks down his recruitment | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tyler Betsey breaks down his recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sometimes the catholic schools suck. Even northwest had some down years not too long ago. East Catholic wasn’t very good at all before getting a very good coach in the early 2000s. Is St. Paul in Bristol good? Last time I checked, no. St. Bernard’s?
The best players are going to prep school with some exceptions who stick it out in the ciac on east or a few other teams and actually make the ciac better overall. I’m not against a catholic school tournament but nobody’s safety is being jeopardized by playing against good teams. Catholic schools that have good coaches do have an advantage. But there are solid public school teams that look forward to playing these teams and they don’t always lose. These are 32 minute games with no shot clock. Hit some shots and have a good strategy and you can win.

Reaction Score
Did he already visit Duke or hasn't he scheduled it yet?

Or is Duke no longer on his list?

Reaction Score
Pay attention to who wants you and who considers you their second option. Also, I wasn’t kidding when I mentioned having Alex’s mom talk to his!

I always like when players bring up the stuff the coaches are telling them in their recruiting pitches... shows they’re connecting and listening to each other.

Reaction Score
My dream class includes Tyler and Howard together. I think they could compliment each other well and dominate teams with versatility at the 3/4. Betsey is around 210 by my eye--perfect for that Karaban spot.

I like that Betsey has no delusion about who he is as a player: volume shooter. He's building his whole game around getting 7+ shots from deep and hittting them.

Reaction Score
My dream class includes Tyler and Howard together. I think they could compliment each other well and dominate teams with versatility at the 3/4.

I like that Betsey has no delusion about who he is as a player: volume shooter. He's building his whole game around getting 7+ shots from deep and hittting them.
With you on Howard and Betsey..Fire and Ice.

Reaction Score
Pay attention to who wants you and who considers you their second option. Also, I wasn’t kidding when I mentioned having Alex’s mom talk to his!

I always like when players bring up the stuff the coaches are telling them in their recruiting pitches... shows they’re connecting and listening to each other.
And Mama Castle

Reaction Score
I am baffled that Duke or a UK type doesn’t prioritize him. Cal will probably bring in the 5 best iso chuckers. Tyler looks like he will be the elite of the elite role players.

Hurley seems like he really understand fit. God I love our staff.

Reaction Score
My dream class includes Tyler and Howard together. I think they could compliment each other well and dominate teams with versatility at the 3/4. Betsey is around 210 by my eye--perfect for that Karaban spot.

His numbers have been a bit disappointing in AAU so far but I haven't seen any of his games this spring/summer. Not sure if he's just missing threes and off the dribble jumpers or he's trying to expand his game by doing things he's less comfortable with.

I've always thought we'll get him and surely want him in a Huskies jersey.

Reaction Score
I am baffled that Duke or a UK type doesn’t prioritize him. Cal will probably bring in the 5 best iso chuckers. Tyler looks like he will be the elite of the elite role players.

Hurley seems like he really understand fit. God I love our staff.
I wonder if we are the leader in the clubhouse and Duke knows it. And maybe are backing off to not scare off other recruits, prioritize resources elsewhere, and not have as much egg on their face if he visits and doesn’t go there.

Reaction Score

Yea everyone should read the piece. It seems like the staff does a great job of balancing immediate, medium and long term goals. The Bouk and Hawk developments will pay dividends for years.

Reaction Score
His numbers have been a bit disappointing in AAU so far but I haven't seen any of his games this spring/summer. Not sure if he's just missing threes and off the dribble jumpers or he's trying to expand his game by doing things he's less comfortable with.

I've always thought we'll get him and surely want him in a Huskies jersey.

He's a kid that will thrive in a structured offense. AAU is made for the freak athletes and ballhandlers or players with really versatile skillsets. Same reason Hawkins wasn't blowing up in AAU. When you're a defender or someone who works well shooting off screens, you won't put up big #s in AAU.

Playing 4-5 games in 3 days is hard for some kids too for whatever reason.

Would definitely like to see him bunp up the 3pt% closer to 40% though. He's been too streaky.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Yea everyone should read the piece. It seems like the staff does a great job of balancing immediate, medium and long term goals. The Bouk and Hawk developments will pay dividends for years.
Tyrese Martin as well for high priority transfers. Hopefully Newton and Spencer after this season too.

Very important summer for the freshman 5 to make major strides in their games. The more we feature and develop talented freshman, the easier the pitch is for the next class of recruits. Hope we get some details about the trip to Europe soon. Great opportunity to have our bench game tested before facing the likes of Kansas, UNC, Gonzaga, Indiana, and Texas(or Louisville).

Reaction Score
He's a kid that will thrive in a structured offense. AAU is made for the freak athletes and ballhandlers or players with really versatile skillsets. Same reason Hawkins wasn't blowing up in AAU. When you're a defender or someone who works well shooting off screens, you won't put up big #s in AAU.

Playing 4-5 games in 3 days is hard for some kids too for whatever reason.

Would definitely like to see him bunp up the 3pt% closer to 40% though. He's been too streaky.
Totally agree.

Reaction Score
Great answers to the questions by him, lots of details and really internalizing the different pitches. Seems like a smart kid. Always worry about Alabama in these against Oats and that Brandon Miller comp is certainly an effective pitch, hopefully being a bad school deters him a bit. The Creighton pitch is just the Ray Allen Storrs pitch lol. Not sure how putting 3 guys into the combine (and none with stocks high enough to get drafted so all came back) is really their best pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom