Tremont Waters | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
a big dude who would be bent over hyperventilating if he tried to go up and down the way UConn likes to play. I seriously hope he is working on his conditioning like his life depends on it (or at least his basketball career). Like fleud, he is the signing that I do not get at all.

I have little doubt the coaching staff will whip him into shape. Can't remember the last time we had a player who was out of shape under Ollie.

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Folks on /r/collegebasketball think that Duval is a lock for Duke, and that Allen is coming back. Both would bode well for our TW pursuit.

Syracuse probably have more PT to offer than we do, but we have a much better track record of putting PGs into the league, and their coaching situation/future seems pretty unstable.

Reaction Score
Folks on /r/collegebasketball think that Duval is a lock for Duke, and that Allen is coming back. Both would bode well for our TW pursuit.

Syracuse probably have more PT to offer than we do, but we have a much better track record of putting PGs into the league, and their coaching situation/future seems pretty unstable.
When was the last time Boeheim played a guard under 6'? Wouldn't he have to play MTM?

Reaction Score
The latest I hear is similar to what people have already said in this thread. Kid has shown some interest in Uconn. Playing time is a factor but it's more that he wants the big stage of Duke or Kansas. I haven't heard much Cuse talk. I think the idea of a guard that small playing in a zone hurts that idea. I would say 60/40 right now that he comes here. If Duke is out of the picture those odds jump a lot higher.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
One possible positive and look how the Boneyard changes. Figuring out how to keep players happy is right before your keyboard.

Just have a good season and when that happens most players don't focus on minutes but how they helped. And most likely the coaches are more upbeat making the all around experience better.

Reaction Score

This helps us big time if true. Duke can have waters anytime they want.

Reaction Score
When was the last time Boeheim played a guard under 6'? Wouldn't he have to play MTM?

While Gerry McNamara was listed at 6'2", I always thought he was closer to 5'3".

Reaction Score
From what I've heard, if Cuse adds another guard then Howard will transfer. He's not that great, but he is more versatile and I don't think Cuse wants their only 2 PG to be true freshman.

Is Waters' current situation reminding anyone else of Ben Gordon? Being his plan B didn't end up so bad.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Gillon this past year (CSU listed him at 5-foot-11, 'Cuse at 6-foot). Boeheim blew it big time by refusing to give him the conch until things bottomed out in early January.

They were worse than usual defensively in that zone partially because Gillon struggled, but were a better team overall because he can actually play basketball unlike Howard.

This helps us big time if true. Duke can have waters anytime they want.
Yeah, that's what I've suspected all along. Is Georgetown completely out of it, by the way?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
While Gerry McNamara was listed at 6'2", I always thought he was closer to 5'3".

5'11.8 without shoes, 6'0.5 with shoes.

C

Chief00

I think you are right that we will be going to a exclusive 3 guard lineup if we get TW.
That's basically correct - 3 guards spots with 4 guys. Not a tall team next year.

Reaction Score
That's basically correct - 3 guards spots with 4 guys. Not a tall team next year.

We'll be playing 3 guards at least half the time, leaving ~100 minutes to split between 4 guards if we get Waters. Would think Vital would be fine with 20-25 mpg.

Reaction Score
If Vital got mad because we signed another guard that isn't saying much for Vital. If someone is "10 toes in" they will want what's best for the team and do whatever it takes to win. I would hope he would relize they need more then himself, Adams and Gilbert to be a good team. JMO

Reaction Score
I want Waters for a number of reasons but maybe most of all because he can step in on day one and shoot. I love every guard that's come through here to varying degrees, but MAL in my mind would have been a poor man's Adams/AG - athletic but may take a year or two to really get comfortable shooting from deep. Having Adams and AG be the uber athletic guard paired with Waters and Vital as the savvy shooting guard would make me as optimistic for next year as anyone on this board can be.

Reaction Score
I want Waters for a number of reasons but maybe most of all because he can step in on day one and shoot. I love every guard that's come through here to varying degrees, but MAL in my mind would have been a poor man's Adams/AG - athletic but may take a year or two to really get comfortable shooting from deep. Having Adams and AG be the uber athletic guard paired with Waters and Vital as the savvy shooting guard would make me as optimistic for next year as anyone on this board can be.
Not for nothing, but Waters can get up too.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If Vital got mad because we signed another guard that isn't saying much for Vital. If someone is "10 toes in" they will want what's best for the team and do whatever it takes to win. I would hope he would relize they need more then himself, Adams and Gilbert to be a good team. JMO

Right now I'd take 1 toe in.

Post =/= signature

Reaction Score
every kid wants to play he could sit on the bench on better teams are u serious?

Reaction Score
Vital was going to ask for his release because of MAL u think he wont for TW?

That was before the Enoch and Durham left. I think the writing is on the wall that if TW signs, we will be playing 3 guards with TL at the 4. Plenty of time to go around. Don't think TW signing will scare Vital off.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Here's a hot take, TW re-commits to Georgetown following the Ewing hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom