Tremont Waters | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On Mike and Mike this morning Pat Ewing mentioned that he was flying to CT this weekend to meet with Tremont and his family to re-recruit him to Gtown.

Not saying that is it likely, but just a note.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
On Mike and Mike this morning Pat Ewing mentioned that he was flying to CT this weekend to meet with Tremont and his family to re-recruit him to Gtown.

Not saying that is it likely, but just a note.
Is he allowed to comment on a recruit? Or is it because they haven't officially released him from his LOI?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Is he allowed to comment on a recruit? Or is it because they haven't officially released him from his LOI?
He never mentioned him by name. Just said that one of his first jobs to be done was to fly to CT tomorrow to meet with a game changing guard who was previously committed to Georgetown. So I guess he avoided the NCAA rules by not mentioning him by name--even though everyone knows exactly who he is talking about.

Reaction Score
Apparently sanctions aren't affecting the cuse.

That's because they got to serve their ban in the year of the sanctions (a year they weren't making the tourney).

You get hurt when your ban is projected into future years and players are allowed to leave with no sit-out transfer penalty.

While Roscoe Smith would have left possibly, surely the postseason ban played a large part in his thinking. Oriakhi didn't even have to sit out.

The two circumstances between UConn and Cuse are entirely different.

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 8.48.49 PM.png

Reaction Score
Makes sense, smart move. Maybe KO can get Kemba, RIP or Ray to help him out. Or better yet Okafor to help him get a big we so desperately need.

This is technically a rules violation, according to the NCAA.

"[Article 13.1.2]: All in-person, on- and off-campus recruiting contacts with a prospective student-athlete or the prospective student-athlete’s relatives or legal guardians shall be made only by authorized institutional staff members. Such contact, as well as correspondence and telephone calls, by representatives of an institution’s athletics interests is prohibited except as otherwise permitted in this section."

Reaction Score
This is technically a rules violation, according to the NCAA.

"[Article 13.1.2]: All in-person, on- and off-campus recruiting contacts with a prospective student-athlete or the prospective student-athlete’s relatives or legal guardians shall be made only by authorized institutional staff members. Such contact, as well as correspondence and telephone calls, by representatives of an institution’s athletics interests is prohibited except as otherwise permitted in this section."

Seems like you read that Patrick Ewing and AI article. Nice find :cool:

Reaction Score
Kansas or Duke will likely make a run at him after Duval's decision. I wouldn't get your hopes up here.

Reaction Score
Kansas or Duke will likely make a run at him after Duval's decision. I wouldn't get your hopes up here.
I understand Duke...but doesn't Kansas have Derryck Thornton playing this upcoming year?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
One of Chillious' recent follows he's out there trying to real in those tuna!!
I'll take back every doubt I had about Kill and Chill if they land us this kid. We're going to look back one day and wonder what the staff was thinking not prioritizing him. This kid would instantly make up a good sum of the offense we lost from Jackson, he's ready to contribute now.

If Georgetown is going to send Iverson after him, Chillious needs to send Ray with a video of his game winner over Iverson in hand.

Reaction Score
I understand Duke...but doesn't Kansas have Derryck Thornton playing this upcoming year?
Malik Newman. He can play either guard spot.
I'll take back every doubt I had about Kill and Chill if they land us this kid. We're going to look back one day and wonder what the staff was thinking not prioritizing him. This kid would instantly make up a good sum of the offense we lost from Jackson, he's ready to contribute now.

If Georgetown is going to send Iverson after him, Chillious needs to send Ray with a video of his game winner over Iverson in hand.
I just don't see how he and Alterique can coexist. Gilbert would probably have to guard 2s and while he's strong and athletic that's a tough ask. Love Waters game and they're both pesky defenders, but they're the same height and now are in the same class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom