Tremont Waters | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Malik Newman. He can play either guard spot.

I just don't see how he and Alterique can coexist. Gilbert would probably have to guard 2s and while he's strong and athletic that's a tough ask. Love Waters game and they're both pesky defenders, but they're the same height and now are in the same class.

I think there is zero chance he comes here, but we won a title with Bazz and Boat guarding 1's and 2's. If you can play, you can play. Boat, in particular, killed bigger guards.

Reaction Score
I'll take back every doubt I had about Kill and Chill if they land us this kid. We're going to look back one day and wonder what the staff was thinking not prioritizing him. This kid would instantly make up a good sum of the offense we lost from Jackson, he's ready to contribute now.

If Georgetown is going to send Iverson after him, Chillious needs to send Ray with a video of his game winner over Iverson in hand.
They probably didn't prioritize him because KO and the staff got the feeling he didn't want to come here. Lets remember that they offered Waters well before they did MAL, and that was after Waters and MAL were on campus at the same time, its clear the staff showed interest in him from the beginning.

Reaction Score
They probably didn't prioritize him because KO and the staff got the feeling he didn't want to come here. Lets remember that they offered Waters well before they did MAL, and that was after Waters and MAL were on campus at the same time, its clear the staff showed interest in him from the beginning.

Actually was thought to say "UConn was a dream school" early in his HS career I think. Then the Dukes, UK's and UNCs started calling and it seemed that maybe KO was an after thought. No proof here just from what I read here on the BY during his recruitment.

Reaction Score
Actually was thought to say "UConn was a dream school" early in his HS career I think. Then the Dukes, UK's and UNCs started calling and it seemed that maybe KO was an after thought. No proof here just from what I read here on the BY during his recruitment.

There was something about UConn being his "dream school" in this 2014 blog from Borges. Not sure how convincing it actually is since he then goes on to talk about Duke: The New Haven Register Blogs: UConn Men's Basketball Blog: A few words with Tremont Waters, Tyler Dorsey

Reaction Score
Ewing was in CT yesterday trying to lure Waters back into the fold.

I wonder where Waters ends up.

Reaction Score
People on this board seem to get mad at KO if he prioritizes and misses (Diallo) and then if he recognizes there's little chance and so goes in a different direction (Waters). He literally can't win with some people.

Reaction Score
Heard ollie is visiting.

I think MAL may have the higher ceiling NBA-wise, but Tremont is going to be a darn good college player. This could be wonderful. He's an elite shooter and point guard, similar to AG (better shooter not as athletic), in that size is in only limitation for the most part. Very skilled kid.

For a player like him, and the rise of Vital, he may need some convincing about PT.

Reel him in KO!!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Malik Newman. He can play either guard spot.

I just don't see how he and Alterique can coexist. Gilbert would probably have to guard 2s and while he's strong and athletic that's a tough ask. Love Waters game and they're both pesky defenders, but they're the same height and now are in the same class.
You're right. We tried that once with Hobbs and Giscomb.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He apparently isn't playing today unfortunately
When he said Ollie was watching Waters today, he meant watching his Twitter feed. That's where most recruiting takes place these days....

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Well maybe Blake Harris' commit to Mizzou means we have a better chance landing Tremont?

Reaction Score
what are waters other choices? I only remember Duke who look like they will get Duval, Indiana, and stanford.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
what are waters other choices? I only remember Duke who look like they will get Duval, Indiana, and stanford.

Well, technically Georgetown is still in. People are saying Kansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom