Tremont Waters | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
what are waters other choices? I only remember Duke who look like they will get Duval, Indiana, and stanford.

I don't think he goes to Duke, with the guards they already have and the likelihood that they will recruit over him year after year, what they just did with Thornton. Indiana appears to be after two other point guards right now. Kentucky, no. I'd say Kansas is his best option and biggest threat to us.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I don't think he goes to Duke, with the guards they already have and the likelihood that they will recruit over him year after year, what they just did with Thornton. Indiana appears to be after two other point guards right now. Kentucky, no. I'd say Kansas is his best option and biggest threat to us.

The question is really what he's looking for. Neither place (UConn and KU) has a clear path to being the primary ball handler in 2017.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
What I can't understand is, how can one grow up in CT, watching UConn from the crib, say it's your dream school, and then not want to play at UConn. Makes no sense. If he truly bleeds blue and has 10 toes in he will commit here.

Reaction Score
What I can't understand is, how can one grow up in CT, watching UConn from the crib, say it's your dream school, and then not want to play at UConn. Makes no sense. If he truly bleeds blue and has 10 toes in he will commit here.
I can tell you. I grew up in New Haven and UConn is not what it is up north. There arent many die hards down there. They'll root for them and watch them when theg are good, but they dont grow up attending games and loving the program

Reaction Score

Kids have to make the decision based on their own personal needs.

I'm not an athlete, but uconn was my dream school growing up. I would have told you that. Decided to go elsewhere because of better programs in my area of interest.

If TW wants to be a primary ball handler for four years, this isn't the place to be right now. Or maybe he wants a different type of offense. Maybe he wants to get away from home and his parents.

This is much more than "oh it was my dream school" a comment a TEENAGER made YEARS ago in a random interview. It's his life. And just because a school is close to home doesn't mean it is the best investment for him.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Kids have to make the decision based on their own personal needs.

I'm not an athlete, but UConn was my dream school growing up. I would have told you that. Decided to go elsewhere because of better programs in my area of interest.

If TW wants to be a primary ball handler for four years, this isn't the place to be right now. Or maybe he wants a different type of offense. Maybe he wants to get away from home and his parents.

This is much more than "oh it was my dream school" a comment a TEENAGER made YEARS ago in a random interview. It's his life. And just because a school is close to home doesn't mean it is the best investment for him.

Only person who I believed about the whole "dream school" thing was Andre Drummond.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I can tell you. I grew up in New Haven and UConn is not what it is up north. There arent many die hards down there. They'll root for them and watch them when theg are good, but they dont grow up attending games and loving the program

I would have given my left nut to play for UConn when I was his age. I would have thrown everything else out the window. If a kid really wants to play somewhere nothing else matters.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I would have given my left nut to play for UConn when I was his age. I would have thrown everything else out the window. If a kid really wants to play somewhere nothing else matters.

I mean no doubt it's about preference. Some people want to be away from home. There's not much that Ollie can do at that point.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The question is really what he's looking for. Neither place (UConn and KU) has a clear path to being the primary ball handler in 2017.
but he will get a ton of time and if he watch bazz and kemba and bazz and boat he'll know that he'll have the ball in his hands a lot

pj

Reaction Score
I don't think UConn was ever Tremont's dream school. Someone asked him if UConn was his dream school and he hesitated a long time before saying Yes I guess I'd have to say so in that I grew up near it, but I really love the way Duke plays ... and then went on about Duke. It was hard not to come away thinking that Duke was his dream school.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't think UConn was ever Tremont's dream school. Someone asked him if UConn was his dream school and he hesitated a long time before saying Yes I guess I'd have to say so in that I grew up near it, but I really love the way Duke plays ... and then went on about Duke. It was hard not to come away thinking that Duke was his dream school.
would still be a great get. Duke IMO would recruit over him every year, same with Kansas. Indiana not sure since crean is out

Reaction Score

Well this is a great development in our favor.

A comment in there says he heard seton hall and kansas, but the PG situation at seton hall is even more crowded than it is here, and talented too. The fact that both UConn and Waters are late to the game might ultimately cause this to work out. Pure speculation on my part, but if you look at his options we our appealing.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Kansas has Graham, Newman and Thornton at PG/SG next year, I feel like Tremont would not get a whole lot of burn
good point. If Waters comes here (people saying highly unlikely) but if he does he would get a ton of time as I see Ollie being able to have different lineups with Adams, Gilbert, Vital, and Waters

Reaction Score
Well this is a great development in our favor.

A comment in there says he heard seton hall and kansas, but the PG situation at seton hall is even more crowded than it is here, and talented too. The fact that both UConn and Waters are late to the game might ultimately cause this to work out. Pure speculation on my part, but if you look at his options we our appealing.

Esto es una broma?
Please elaborate on how crowded the PG spot is at SH. It is their biggest need. Carrington needs to play off the ball. Did you see the end of the Arkansas vs SH tourney game? Plus SH missed out on IW2.

Gracias y buenas noche

Reaction Score
So now kids coming out of either HS or Prep school are now adults??? They got it all figured out, huh?

Reaction Score
Esto es una broma?
Please elaborate on how crowded the PG spot is at SH. It is their biggest need. Carrington needs to play off the ball. Did you see the end of the Arkansas vs SH tourney game? Plus SH missed out on IW2.

Gracias y buenas noche

Myles Powell and Eron Gordon are two highly regarded PGs that will be sophomores for them next year, are they both going to fall through? Carrington obviously will play the 2, and they have another stud shooting guard coming in next year who I imagine will see plenty of minutes.

Reaction Score
good point. If Waters comes here (people saying highly unlikely) but if he does he would get a ton of time as I see Ollie being able to have different lineups with Adams, Gilbert, Vital, and Waters
Seton Hall to me sounds like a good fit for him. He would have the keys from day1 and he played high school ball with MP at Kent right? That is from a purely basketball perspective not academic.

From day1 I thought Waters was a better player than Mal. Saw them both live x3.

Reaction Score
Dad was not worth the hassle early on.

Now in the 11th hour, you make exceptions.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Seton Hall to me sounds like a good fit for him. He would have the keys from day1 and he played high school ball with MP at Kent right? That is from a purely basketball perspective not academic.

From day1 I thought Waters was a better player than Mal. Saw them both live x3.
I know they're in the big east but no one talks about players from seton hall. they've had several good players over the years but you don't hear anything about them. Someone above stated that they have a crowded backcourt as well as kansas.

If he comes here with a good head on his shoulders and learns what needs to be done he'll have the keys next year with gilbert and vital (like bazz and boat) when adams is gone (if he busts out this year). he'll get a ton of time here .

Never seen either play but from the footage MAL looks like a larger guard who can get to the rim. Waters seems like a better all around player. Both are good talents

Reaction Score
Myles Powell and Eron Gordon are two highly regarded PGs that will be sophomores for them next year, are they both going to fall through? Carrington obviously will play the 2, and they have another stud shooting guard coming in next year who I imagine will see plenty of minutes.

Powell is not a PG and is recruiting Duval the hardest to come to Hall. He didn't play the point last year for any meaningful minutes evidenced by his numbers. How is Gordon highly regarded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom