Top JUCO signs with Kentucky | The Boneyard

Top JUCO signs with Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Ugh. Would've much rather have her at Tennessee than Kentucky. UK is such a thorn in our sides, every season.. this adds to it.

OAN: Ouch, Tennessee... what happened?

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
OAN: Ouch, Tennessee... what happened?

Uphill battle from what we are told. She wanted a guaranteed starting spot which neither UT, TX nor FSU would give her. Plus, KY has an assistant from Benin, Africa that she apparently became very close with and felt a level of comfort with that we nor the others could give her. Wish her well...on to the next!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great pickup for Kentucky and big loss for Tennessee. They are desperate for a top post player from the 2016 class.

Reaction Score
Uphill battle from what we are told. She wanted a guaranteed starting spot which neither UT, TX nor FSU would give her. Plus, KY has an assistant from Benin, Africa that she apparently became very close with and felt a level of comfort with that we nor the others could give her. Wish her well...on to the next!

No fuss you guys will be OK.... reports on Mercedes are great.... just will be a bit thin..... i see Holly still has her eyes open for an extra big

Reaction Score

Pretty funny that TN fans use this kind of rationale for losing a player to Kentucky. Mitchell is the same coach that suspended a starter for missing curfew and it probably cost him an NCAA game. You really think he promises anyone a starting spot?!! Amandou(the assistant she is supposedly close to)was born in Africa and grew up in Paris, France.

NEXT...

Reaction Score
Yeah a lot of chatter from KVille about KY and its coach and program..... TN will be OK though.... one thing Holly has done well is recruit.....

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
This signing will definitely help Kentucky, but should make for some great games next season.

Reaction Score

I really doubt that is the reason. Aside from the fact that the two countries speak different European and tribal languages, there is absolutely no love lost between those two cultures. I know this because my daughter was a Peace Corps volunteer in Benin.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Pretty funny that TN fans use this kind of rationale for losing a player to Kentucky. Mitchell is the same coach that suspended a starter for missing curfew and it probably cost him an NCAA game. You really think he promises anyone a starting spot?!! Amandou(the assistant she is supposedly close to)was born in Africa and grew up in Paris, France.

NEXT...

We don't have to rationalize anything really...we will, however, continue beating them just like the THREE times we did last year...with 1 and 1/2 of those times being without a true post presence. Them having Akhator won't change that. I wish her well. And I was just repeating what was being said.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
I really doubt that is the reason. Aside from the fact that the two countries speak different European and tribal languages, there is absolutely no love lost between those two cultures. I know this because my daughter was a Peace Corps volunteer in Benin.

And you most definitely might be correct in assuming this. However, I guess it would be unheard of for ANY member of a people group to like or respect someone from another people group, despite cultural/political differences.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We don't have to rationalize anything really...we will, however, continue beating them just like the THREE times we did last year...with 1 and 1/2 of those times being without a true post presence. Them having Akhator won't change that. I wish her well. And I was just repeating what was being said.
VFL thanks for sharing. You mentioned on to the next in your original post. Any names you can share there? Cox is still a possibility for you in 2016 I don't see another post that has expressed interest in Lady Vols. Does that imply that you are all in on Kushkituah for 2017.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
VFL thanks for sharing. You mentioned on to the next in your original post. Any names you can share there? Cox is still a possibility for you in 2016 I don't see another post that has expressed interest in Lady Vols. Does that imply that you are all in on Kushkituah for 2017.

McCune from KY holds an unconditional offer.
Cox will visit Tennessee this summer.
McCoy is also likely to visit.

KK from Georgia has been on at least two unofficial visits to Knoxville that I'm aware of, both during this past season.
Tennessee was in on Williams earlier than a lot of schools, and there is high mutual interest on both sides.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
See above...mtsu is much more in the know when it comes to recruiting then lil ole me. I'm just a fan :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Tennessee was in on Williams earlier than a lot of schools,

This doesn't really mean anything. Texas got a verbal from Charli Colllier as a 7th grader and now her commitment is open.

Reaction Score

KK from Georgia has been on at least two unofficial visits to Knoxville that I'm aware of, both during this past season.
Tennessee was in on Williams earlier than a lot of schools, and there is high mutual interest on both sides.

Here is the response that mtsuraider06 made to a poster on Volnation that he assumes is a UConn fan. It was a very civil conversation that he was not involved in until he injected himself into it with the following quote.

"Why are you worried about it? I thought we didn't matter to UConn fans. Please, save us all and go on back to the Boneyard"

My only request is that he follow his own advice. It's in the Akhator Commits to Kentucky thread.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Thanks for the knowledge specifically on Williams and McCune. That is new/good information. I wish I can figure out what I going on with McCune, She been trending down since her USA basketball trials in summer of 2013.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Here is the response that mtsuraider06 made to a poster on Volnation that he assumes is a UConn fan. It was a very civil conversation that he was not involved in until he injected himself into it with the following quote.

"Why are you worried about it? I thought we didn't matter to UConn fans. Please, save us all and go on back to the Boneyard"

My only request is that he follow his own advice. It's in the Akhator Commits to Kentucky thread.
If it is all the same to you I'm only going to respond to what mtsuraider06 has posted here on the Boneyard. Here we are having a very good exchange of information. I'm not interested in what is being reported on Volnation.

Reaction Score
If it is all the same to you I'm only going to respond to what mtsuraider06 has posted here on the Boneyard. Here we are having a very good exchange of information. I'm not interested in what is being reported on Volnation.

You can respond to him however you like. I posted his comment for those here who don't visit other teams boards and might not know how he behaves when he's on his home forum. If you want to ignore his feelings toward UConn fans, well, that's your choice.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Thanks for the knowledge specifically on Williams and McCune. That is new/good information. I wish I can figure out what I going on with McCune, She been trending down since her USA basketball trials in summer of 2013.

She isn't getting a lot of coverage in terms of AAU exposure so that isn't helping at all. ESPN dropped her out of their Top 60, which is crazy to me, although I don't put much into Hoopgurlz since Olsen took over. Too much for one person to do. ESPN dropped a lot of players too, not just McCune.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Which Williams, Jade of Texas or LaDazhia of Florida?

Mtsu is referring to LaDazhia above. And I don't think mtsu is implying that just because we were in on her very early, that she is a done deal. I mean...we can hope it does help...I'm sure every team does that...but there is reported interest on both sides with her.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Mtsu is referring to LaDazhia above. And I don't think mtsu is implying that just because we were in on her very early, that she is a done deal. I mean...we can hope it does...I'm sure every team does that...but there is reported interest in both sides with her.

Far from a done deal, but it doesn't hurt.

She is class of 2017...lots of ball to be played.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
To the delight of UCONN fans, Tennessee is scarily thin in the post and doesn't seem to have a viable backup plan outside of Russell for the next 1-2 years.
They might have DeShields help in the post and play 4, ala how UCONN used Maya back in 2009 and 2010, since DeShields can compete inside and grab rebounds, but they do not have a true post outside of Russell who has been injury prone, but oozes untapped potential.

Graves has had moments of All American level play, but she isn't a banger inside nor does she have the bulk to defend posts like Alaina Coates or Brionna Jones.

She leaves after this upcoming season, and then it's a crap shoot. I'm guessing Tennessee will land a transfer or a JUCO next off season, but they really really need to land a quality post player to alleviate Russell, who I will be happy to get 25 minutes per game from next year.

As much as most UT fans hate to admit, losing out on this prospect really bites. We'll see how she transitions to the D1 level, but from articles and speculation, she has the makings of being a really really good player who might have been a top recruit had she played high school ball in the states. Great athlete with a knack for rebounding and blocking shots. Exactly what Tennessee could use next year, and she slipped through their fingers. Perhaps even tougher for Tennessee is that they missed out on Dangerfield, who is the top recruit to come out of Tennessee since possibly Glory Johnson, and they miss out on another top 15 in state recruit in Carter.

Tennessee has a ton of talent for the next 2-3 years with DeShields and Russell (if healthy), 2 starting guards on board for the next two years, not to mention a promising freshman in Nard, and a very good incoming PG in Cooper, but with a relatively underwhelming 2014 recruiting class, only one premier recruit in 2015 and no one on board for 2016, it's a bit concerning for UT fans about the future post-Diamond DeShields.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She isn't getting a lot of coverage in terms of AAU exposure so that isn't helping at all. ESPN dropped her out of their Top 60, which is crazy to me, although I don't put much into Hoopgurlz since Olsen took over. Too much for one person to do. ESPN dropped a lot of players too, not just McCune.
Yea I agree with you on the ESPN they seems to be doing things in batch mode on their own schedule now and more emphasis on foreign players. CHRIS Hansen was a big loss For ESPN, he graded my daughters in high school and was very fair about it. He was more prolific putting updates and tip sheets almost after every big AAU event and show case high school games. Chris is over at ProspectsNation now but I'm not paying to read evaluations of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom