Top Freshman Performers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Top Freshman Performers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm actually very curious to see her. I was careful not to pass judgment on her as her player. Just pointed out that her overall stats are not particularly impressive. Since she's a freshman I'm willing to believe that she's very talented and that her numbers will eventually reflect that. Right now overall they're not fantastic, although she evidently had great games against the two best teams in the conference, which counts for a lot. Again, my comment about her stats doesn't mean that she's not very talented, and she may well become an all American. My only point was that Nina Davis has vastly better stats, as she scores more points on way fewer shots and has much better secondary stats. That's just a fact. All that said, I suspect I'll be impressed by Scaife when I see her play given all the enthusiastic comments here on the BY.

Simmons only came up to make that point that PPG is a pretty meaningless stat. Mediocre players can score a lot of points.
I didnt see the game but from what I heard Geno knows how important Tyler Scaife is to RU by the double teams and sometimes more when she had the ball this weekend. With Copper missing the game that was disastrous to RU. Dolmer took our young C's to school.

Reaction Score
I'm actually very curious to see her. I was careful not to pass judgment on her as her player. Just pointed out that her overall stats are not particularly impressive. Since she's a freshman I'm willing to believe that she's very talented and that her numbers will eventually reflect that. Right now overall they're not fantastic, although she evidently had great games against the two best teams in the conference, which counts for a lot. Again, my comment about her stats doesn't mean that she's not very talented, and she may well become an all American. My only point was that Nina Davis has vastly better stats, as she scores more points on way fewer shots and has much better secondary stats. That's just a fact. All that said, I suspect I'll be impressed by Scaife when I see her play given all the enthusiastic comments here on the BY.

Simmons only came up to make that point that PPG is a pretty meaningless stat. Mediocre players can score a lot of points.
That was exactly MY POINT. Stats don't always tell the whole story but leadership needs to be seen! Most of UConn's team playing anywhere else could pile on stats but its the intangibles that impress me on Tyler S......most observers already think she's comparable to Cappie P or Maddi Ajuvon or beyond right out of high school...Pip was less of a team player and SG than PG so I won't compare TS with her. I can't wait till next year!

Reaction Score
Larryn Brooks Indiana 16 pts and 4.6 ast per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom