Top 16 Reveal, 02/23 [merged] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 16 Reveal, 02/23 [merged]

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If Duke wins on Sunday, they need to move us up to #2 in the Greenville #1 region. I love chicken. have the ACC Champ behind the 3rd place ACC & Big 10 team.

After thinking about it.. They need to send us to Seattle.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

As the #7 overall, we would get the #58 seed, followed by about the #29 seed. I'm comfortable we could win the first game at Gampel. The second game could be close, but I think we could make it to Greenville. Winning even 1 game there could be a challenge, unless we get Azzi back and/or fix the offense.

Reaction Score
About UCONN not scoring over 50 points there is one factor being overlooked….our BE losses and low scoring is because the teams are mostly milking the clock ….taking shots when the possession clock is running down….it is also tiring for a team with a short bench having to defend each long possession…..leads to fatigue and offensively tired legs affect shooting….we will get our second win and the FF is doable but tough road ….we’ll be fine
l'll be fine.

Reaction Score
To avoid South Carolina until the finals you have to be 2, 3, 6 or 7. Wasn't UConn 6th last year and it worked out OK.

Reaction Score
This is based on winning out including the BET . We could lose another game and the BET then who knows where we would be seeded. We will have to wait until after the bET to see where this team is at.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UConn is in danger of not hosting games if they continue to play like they have in the last month. I wouldn't be surprised to see this team lose in the Big East tournament and it may not be in the Final Game. Too much inconsistent play and teams playing tough defense on Senechal so who knows what she will provide each game. Big East teams recognize their best chance to beat UConn is make it a half court game. UConn's offense struggles in half court game and UConn doesn't have two reliable scorers that can shoot from the outside. Edwards and Juhasz miss so many easy shots in the low post. Defenders pack the post and UConn does not consistently hit their outside shots. Caroline Ducharme had a miserable shooting day against St John's but she was trying to get her shot or get to the rim. Where was Aubrey Griffin? Aubrey Griffin took four shots when the team needed to find a scorer. She disappeared for most of the game. For this team to advance far in the NCAA tournament they need a healthy Azzi Fudd. They many need her just to win the Big East tournament.

Reaction Score
I am surprised that UConn drops 5 places from its #2 NET rank to the 7th seed. A five spot swing is huge! If it were to hold up in the final seeding, I think it sets a bad precedent for the future.

Five spots! Ponder that for the future

Reaction Score
I think one major problem is traditional conferences(SEC) are being overvalued and the Big East is being undervalued. Yes, we have lost two BE games, but the top of the Big East is very, very good basketball.

I think Indiana is firmly on the one line, but I'd be surprised if they win @ Iowa and win the B1G tournament. I'd also like to see them play a top 15 team that's not from their own conference. One with some speed and athleticism, because they don't have a lot.

Reaction Score
I would want to be in whatever bracket that has the so-called toughest teams playing. I want to remove all doubt when we are playing in the Final Four and Championship game.

Reaction Score

Dumb curiosity: Why is Iowa listed as "Iowa Hawkeyes" and none of the other teams with their mascot names, like "UConn Huskies" I'm sure there's nothing to it. Just curious how...

Reaction Score
All should go back and listen to GA post-SJU game interview. Fudd cannot be parceled into the team's equation; and, CD- in the view here-- is not ready and probably should sit, but she wont. The team clearly has problems with the top teams in the BE-- its successes not withstanding. Indeed, for the first time ever in watching Uconn play, I was clearly watching their opponents (Marq., V, C and even SJ) play the kind of bb we had become accustomed with at Conn. Movements, rotations and screens. This is not just tiredness. We are seeing players being exposed- being asked to do things outside their abilities; and, coaching cannot hide them. We do not have the guard play (and this cannot be reduced to shooting 3s) and we-- even more so today-- cannot stop the elite guards from finding holes in our defense. I thoroughly enjoyed the fight so far and think the team may go further than I and others are predicting, but I am most of all thinking about the 2 players who will be leaving. Hope we can squeeze it dry for them.

Reaction Score
I would want to be in whatever bracket that has the so-called toughest teams playing. I want to remove all doubt when we are playing in the Final Four and Championship game.
I agree. Real competitors enjoy taking on, beating, and earning it against the top competition. But there is a segment of fans/non competitors who like that path of least resistance and are satisfied to get a lucky draw, avoid the iron, and slip in the side door to win the tournament so they can claim they’re the best. But it’s a lot harder to do now because there’s a lot of really good teams out there.

Reaction Score
Still a lot of games to be played. The only locks right now are 1 and 2 and Stanford plays Utah so one of them will move down a little. That doesn't mean UCONN will move up though. I think the experts are stuck on this one. It isn't fair to put UCONN with another power because the can beat anyone, but their play as of late has been average. They are still in a good place.

Reaction Score
After thinking about it. They need to send us to Seattle.
Laughing at the fact it took you an hour to think about it. Why all the way to Seattle? Greenville 1 and Greenville 2 won't play each other, and you will have a shorter trip if you live in NC.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I can't imagine Utah remaining as a #1. If they do, they might be the weakest #1 in years and I only hope we could be #2 in their bracket.
Let's see how they do against Stanford this weekend and in the league tournament.
I was watching the ND game when this was announced, but maybe expected that if any team made a big jump to the #1 line, it would be Maryland. The Utah jump caught my attention ;). Let's see what happens....

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Utah up, UConn down, welcome back Colorado & OSU, adios UCLA & OK. Only UConn, SC, IN, ND, LSU and Stanford have been in all regular season top 16.
1677256778705.png

Reaction Score
Totally agree @CTtoSanDiego .... Continue to be amazed by some "Fans"... but what ever... doomers and gloomers gonna do what they do... sad that so many are jumping ship... or off the band Wagon... Hopefully the Team isn't reading the negativity ! :mad:

I believe UCONN CAN and WILL come out of this bracket... and get to Final 4... AND should they get Azzi back {and REMEMBER She said she will be playing in March :)) it will be that much more fun to watch. :):)

As is said every year... Win the last 6 games!!! EVERY team is vulnerable at this time of the year... even SC.

GO HUSKIES!!!!! I Believe in UCONN Womens Basketball!!!
I agree 100 %. They are uconn. Azzi back soon. They get thier MOJO back and carry on.
Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Really feels like the committee placed Utah on the top line in order to not put LSU there. I do think they want to make a point of discouraging super soft schedules to help maintain the growth of the game. At least that’s what it feels like to me based on ignoring their recent loss.

Reaction Score
At this point, the team needs to win the game in front of them. All this talk about seeding and regionals is pointless if they don't start scoring points and playing better defense. If they can get out of their "funk" and get some energy back, they can make some noise in the NCAA tournament even without Azzi and a fully capable Caroline. If not, it will be a short post season.

They are still a great bunch who have given us a lot to be pleased with this season and I for one will not be critical of any of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom