Top 16 Reveal, 02/23 [merged] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Top 16 Reveal, 02/23 [merged]

Reaction Score
A case can be made that there is no legit fourth #1 seed.
UCONN had a horrible week & couldn't stay at #4,
LSU's pathetic non conference schedule shouldn't be rewarded & the committtee mentioned that.
Iowa was blown out by Maryland & can't jump from #7 to #4. .
Maryland's win over Iowa plus an impressive record vs. ranked teams might earn the last #1 seed. But that would be a jump from #9 to #4.
UTAH was rewarded & moved up 2 spots after losing to Arizona & barely beating decimated ASU. They might be #4 by default.

Reaction Score
At this point, the team needs to win the game in front of them. All this talk about seeding and regionals is pointless if they don't start scoring points and playing better defense. If they can get out of their "funk" and get some energy back, they can make some noise in the NCAA tournament even without Azzi and a fully capable Caroline. If not, it will be a short post season.

They are still a great bunch who have given us a lot to be pleased with this season and I for one will not be critical of any of them.
This is where i am at. They were great at playing above their abilities for two months of injuries and chaos, it simply wasn't sustainable. Regroup and recover from here and do the best you can to finish the season.

Reaction Score
UConn is in danger of not hosting games if they continue to play like they have in the last month. I wouldn't be surprised to see this team lose in the Big East tournament and it may not be in the Final Game. Too much inconsistent play and teams playing tough defense on Senechal so who knows what she will provide each game. Big East teams recognize their best chance to beat UConn is make it a half court game. UConn's offense struggles in half court game and UConn doesn't have two reliable scorers that can shoot from the outside. Edwards and Juhasz miss so many easy shots in the low post. Defenders pack the post and UConn does not consistently hit their outside shots. Caroline Ducharme had a miserable shooting day against St John's but she was trying to get her shot or get to the rim. Where was Aubrey Griffin? Aubrey Griffin took four shots when the team needed to find a scorer. She disappeared for most of the game. For this team to advance far in the NCAA tournament they need a healthy Azzi Fudd. They many need her just to win the Big East tournament.
I thought Aubrey looked like a person afraid to make a mistake. I know it isn't popular on here but some women don't respond to certain types of leadership. I think UCONN has been lucky to have a deep roster so it wasn't hard to overcome it in the past. When Aubrey knew she was in no matter what she played loose and for the most part played very good. Lately she has been tight and hasn't been the same player she was at the beginning of the season. The coaches need to help her understand the rotation and help her get her confidence back.

Reaction Score
I think it doesn’t matter at this point but to get healthy and rested. Preferably a top 16 seed that avoids SC in final four. 10 days off after big east tournament i think. They’re defense has been spectacular all year until recently. Offense has always been question mark but also looking ragged due to tiredness. Don’t know if Big East tournament will matter beyond trying to get on right track.

Reaction Score

I'm shocked that Quads are not considered in the women's game! To me, it's the only fair and logical way to rank teams for the tournament purposes.

Here's how they Top 8 currently rank using my NET Quadrant One-Minus-Losses formula (that I use in the BYP)

1. SCar (12 Q-1 wins minus no losses )= +12
2. Stanford (13-3) = +10
3. Indiana (10-1) = + 9
4. Utah (10-3) = + 7 Utah gets the tiebreaker because one of UConn's losses is Quad 2
5. UConn (12-5) = +7
6. Duke (9-4) = +5
7. VaTech (9-4) = +5
8. LSU (5-1) = +4 LSU gets the tiebreaker because two of Maryland's losses are Quad 2

Maryland (9-5) +4

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it doesn’t matter at this point but to get healthy and rested. Preferably a top 16 seed that avoids SC in final four. 10 days off after big east tournament i think. They’re defense has been spectacular all year until recently. Offense has always been question mark but also looking ragged due to tiredness. Don’t know if Big East tournament will matter beyond trying to get on right track.
It's gonna be a tough road to hoe getting to the FF no matter what. At this point, with the way they are playing, I wouldn't even care if they were to face SC in the FF -- I'd be ecstatic they even managed to GET to the FF.

Reaction Score
There will continue to be a good deal of movement in the Top 16 through the Conference Tournaments... Utah just beat Stanford ... Gotta play them all to figure out what's going to be the best guess of a bracket by the Committee.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom