Top 16 Reveal, 02/23 [merged] | The Boneyard

Top 16 Reveal, 02/23 [merged]

Reaction Score
Someone will have to explain some of this to me. How does Utah who lost to Arizona go from 2 to 1? And Uconn falls not only from a #1 to the 7th overall seed, that means they have to beat out 3 teams to be a 1 again. And Iowa falls to a #3?

Reaction Score
Yea UConn wouldn’t make the elite eight in that bracket. They really ruined their chances in March on Tuesday.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
And Carter said some things we all have been saying about LSU’s schedule vs ranking

Reaction Score

That would be a really tough bracket. I guess we would have sort've a revenge game vs ND. And then would be trying to beat IU for the second year in a row

Reaction Score
If we win the rest of the regular season and the BE tournament, we could move up one position and be in the Seattle 3 region as a 2 seed.

We could move back to a 1 seed if LSU loses in the SEC tournament, Utah loses to Stanford two times, and Michigan loses in their tournament. Azzi has to be back too. Without Azzi, we will likely end the season as the overall 5 seed and the 2 seed in the Seattle 4 region.

Reaction Score
Someone will have to explain some of this to me. How does Utah who lost to Arizona go from 2 to 1? And Uconn falls not only from a #1 to the 7th overall seed, that means they have to beat out 3 teams to be a 1 again. And Iowa falls to a #3?
After losing to Arizona, Utah barely beat 7-18 Arizona State by only 5 points. And they are moved to a #1 seed.

Reaction Score
Losing the finals of the tournaments seldom drops a team in the seedings because most brakets are finalized by then. If LSU loses to South Carolina in the SEC finals, they probably won't drop down from their #5 ranking.

Reaction Score
Cause UCONN has now lost 3 of their last 6 games and can't score over 60 points anymore.

Reaction Score
so much lamenting... so much gloom and doom.... With a week left in the regular season, and then conference tournaments, this reveal means next to nothing. If we can get our mojo back (and maybe Azzi) we will be fine. If not, then we have a chance to make a charmed run! (a la the men in 2011). Chill folks... Que sera, sera. Our women have performed beyond expectations (and yes, a couple of times below expectations) The future is still ahead....

Reaction Score
Conference tournaments could have a big impact on seeding, also. One, if not all, of LSU, Utah and Maryland won’t be winning their conference tournaments and early-exits could greatly benefit UConn (as long as they can win out the rest of the year).

Reaction Score
so much lamenting... so much gloom and doom.... With a week left in the regular season, and then conference tournaments, this reveal means next to nothing. If we can get our mojo back (and maybe Azzi) we will be fine. If not, then we have a chance to make a charmed run! (a la the men in 2011). Chill folks... Que sera, sera. Our women have performed beyond expectations (and yes, a couple of times below expectations) The future is still ahead....
Totally agree @CTtoSanDiego .... Continue to be amazed by some "Fans"... but what ever... doomers and gloomers gonna do what they do... sad that so many are jumping ship... or off the band Wagon... Hopefully the Team isn't reading the negativity ! :mad:

I believe UCONN CAN and WILL come out of this bracket... and get to Final 4... AND should they get Azzi back {and REMEMBER She said she will be playing in March :)) it will be that much more fun to watch. :):)

As is said every year... Win the last 6 games!!! EVERY team is vulnerable at this time of the year... even SC.

GO HUSKIES!!!!! I Believe in UCONN Womens Basketball!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If Duke wins on Sunday, they need to move us up to #2 in the Greenville #1 region. I love chicken. have the ACC Champ behind the 3rd place ACC & Big 10 team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom