Time to fire Kevin Duffy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Time to fire Kevin Duffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
God, I sure hope our next coach doesn't start from scratch again. We have a big, talented QB from CT and I want him to play. I'm not sure we should hire someone that doesn't like Boyle as an asset. We haven't had a QB with that much potential in 10 years.

Okay so now the BY wants to tell WM he can only hire a coach that will only utilize a pro-style offense so the untested prodigal son gets a chance to play next year? Not poking you in the eye Hoop but see where I'm going?

Reaction Score
No, I think he needs to hire a coach that sees what he has to work with and uses it. With Boyle and Newsome on our roster, would you hire a coach that wants to use an option QB?

I think Warde sees that we have a few good assets at key positions and will look for a guy that can use them as part of his plan. I don't want to rebuild for 3 years, I want to hit the ground running next year. Another "rebuild" will kill this program once and for all.

Reaction Score
No, I think he needs to hire a coach that sees what he has to work with and uses it. With Boyle and Newsome on our roster, would you hire a coach that wants to use an option QB?

I think Warde sees that we have a few good assets at key positions and will look for a guy that can use them as part of his plan. I don't want to rebuild for 3 years, I want to hit the ground running next year. Another "rebuild" will kill this program once and for all.

I would want to hire a coach that has a succinct vision for the program for the future, produces consistent, consecutive winning seasons w/ lots and lots a bowls and does it in an ethical manner. What offensive/defensive scheme they want to use is not my concern as long as it produces results. Not artificial road blocks to getting the best candidate/fit.

I would imagine we all want to hit the ground running after a coaching change - but there may be a bump or two or three when that happens and current personnel may be collateral damage. Happens @ most programs.

Reaction Score
I would want to hire a coach that has a succinct vision for the program for the future, produces consistent, consecutive winning seasons w/ lots and lots a bowls and does it in a ethical manner. What offensive/defensive scheme they want to use is not my concern as long as it produces results. I would imagine we all want to hit the ground running after a coaching change - but there may be a bump or two or three when that happens and current personnel may be collateral damage. Happens @ every program.

I can't argue with that. I just hope that guy you describe thinks Boyle and Newsome are the answers because we already have them.

I know what you are saying and I think you get what I'm saying.

Reaction Score

To build on that, UConn’s next football coach has to be flexible enough to adapt the offense and defense based on the skills that the players bring to the table and the teams that UConn is playing. The inability to do so is one of the biggest negative issues that PP has going.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score

McHugh and the CT HS Coaches assn. thank you for your support.

The pro style O has been gangbusters for us.

Reaction Score
I am not a fan of playing a true freshmen, but I do agree CW has shown us the best we are going to see of him. I don't think he is all that bad, and the O-line and coaching are killing him. However, even in the best situations, he seems to be incapable of putting together more than one or two good passes in a row. He often runs/slides into sacks, and as we all know....he has never seen a receiver in triple-coverage he didn't like.

The season isn't over, though the outlook is grim. We could still win the conference and go to a BCS Bowl. This won't happen under Coach Pee, but people forget the run we went one to make it to the Fiesta just a few seasons ago. Too early for talk of flushing the season. Too soon to put a true freshmen under center.

Reaction Score
I can't argue with that. I just hope that guy you describe thinks Boyle and Newsome are the answers because we already have them.

I know what you are saying and I think you get what I'm saying.
The problem with this "analysis" is that neither Boyle nor Newsome have taken a single snap at the college level. Newsome has yet to take a snap in a college practice for that matter. Now either or both might be great players. Boyle might be the next Orlovsky or even the next Steve Young for all we know. And right now he is obviously the best on the team since he's the backup and we all know that the backup quarterback is always the best player on a losing team. Newsome might be a great player, too. But BYU's defense is might be tougher than Torrington High School's so we might want to wait before awarding him the Heisman. I'm not saying he won't be the answer, just that we maybe should wait before anointing him. We beat out some pretty good programs for both these guys so that is hopeful. And one of the biggest beefs I have with Pasqualoni has been that he failed to fit his system to the personnel he had, but insisted on using a system that wasn't well suited for the players available. I hope that the next coach doesn't take that approach. If he's a run and gun guy, but sees he has an above average pocket passer he adapts rather than trying to put a square peg into a round hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom