Time to fire Kevin Duffy | The Boneyard

Time to fire Kevin Duffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My biggest issue is that for the guy making the decision it's virtually no risk at all. He's trying to save his job and whatever short terms risks he's willing to take may not be in the best interest of the program past December.

Reaction Score
What's the risk? They lose? Um....

Burning a redshirt on a hopeless year? I am of the opinion that you let the kid who gives you the best chance to win play, but I can understand the other side of the argument.

On the other hand, Orlovsky started as a true freshman and that worked out alright.

Reaction Score
Can't disagree with anything in this article. However, Going to Boyle now does nothing but sends him running for his life, Shakes his confidence , and possibly gets him hurt on account of this terrible offensive line. If we had a running game and some blocking, it would be a different conversation, but then again probably wouldn't be happening then either because Whitmer would be looking a lot better if he had that support.I agree with the article, Whitmer is def not in the top 3 problems with this team, changing the QB now does nothing but eliminate a year of potential for Boyle and Uconn football.

Reaction Score
At what point do we make a switch? And at what point do we decide between Boyle and Cochran? Do we burn a year for a couple meaningless games? I'm not placing all the blame on whitmer but he has cut down on the picks.

I always use "we" so don't jump on me.

Reaction Score
Why bypass Casey? He could go in right now. He knows the system. Why jump over him to Boyle? This is one of Pasqualoni's biggest flaws. He has no idea what his personnel can do because he never puts them in game situations. Casey could be the next Russel Wilson but P will never know because he never put him in a game

Reaction Score
Playing him this season is a bad idea when you have Cochran available. I don't think it would make a difference who our QB is with this line.

Reaction Score
Why bypass Casey? He could go in right now. He knows the system. Why jump over him to Boyle? This is one of Pasqualoni's biggest flaws. He has no idea what his personnel can do because he never puts them in game situations. Casey could be the next Russel Wilson but P will never know because he never put him in a game

Casey would be the least athletic QB we have ever had in the D1 era, he won't be the next Russel Wilson, I'd bet the house on that.

Reaction Score

Just asking......did you go to either of the last 2 spring games?

Reaction Score
My biggest issue is that for the guy making the decision it's virtually no risk at all. He's trying to save his job and whatever short terms risks he's willing to take may not be in the best interest of the program past December.

First, Duffy deserves credit for separating from the Horde and addressing this elephant in the room. Good for him.

Let's talk about risk taking. First, putting Boyle behind a GDL-coached line that's allowed 14 sacks in three games would be almost a criminally negligent risk. Just because Warde/Sue/LarryMcH took a since-discredited risk last December that PP couldn't do any more damage to this program doesn't mean P/GDL should get the chance to risk the future of what could be a franchise quarterback.

I feel bad for the kid. I can imagine he's chomping at the bit to play. Maybe he's equal to the hype and will be the next coming of Orlovsky. Maybe in retrospect he should have been the starter against Town-son. But he shouldn't be used as a pawn either in a game of save two old guys' butts

Reaction Score
CW is one of the top 3 problems with the team. Name any BCS team he would start for. He is a sack machine, throws interceptions and misses plays. He makes Jimmy Clausen look like RGIII when it comes to pocket movement and being a running threat.
Switch just QB's on Towson, Maryland and Michigan with CW and who wins those games?
No games are meaningless. If Boyle is real deal he doesn't stay his 5th year.

Reaction Score
First, Duffy deserves credit for separating from the Horde and addressing this elephant in the room. Good for him.

Let's talk about risk taking. First, putting Boyle behind a GDL-coached line that's allowed 14 sacks in three games would be almost a criminally negligent risk. Just because Warde/Sue/LarryMcH took a since-discredited risk last December that PP couldn't do any more damage to this program doesn't mean P/GDL should get the chance to risk the future of what could be a franchise quarterback.

I feel bad for the kid. I can imagine he's chomping at the bit to play. Maybe he's equal to the hype and will be the next coming of Orlovsky. Maybe in retrospect he should have been the starter against Town-son. But he shouldn't be used as a pawn either in a game of save two old guys' butts

Duffy is the best that I have seen. Neil Ostrout is good too. Desmond Conner, Ed D and John Silver just seem to still want to be PGDL's lapdogs as far as I can tell.

Reaction Score
We've seen some success with less a athletic guy, Cody Endres. If you can stand in the pocket and throw laser beams, or even accurate soft balls like Cody, you can succeed.

I know Cochran was always considered very accurate and very composed. I think a change to Cochran rather than Boyle is wise if we make a change at all. I think Chandler is pretty good.

I want our targets for new coach to see four years of Boyle and Newsome as a major selling point. If we have a chance of landing a great offensive coach, two studs like that may seal the deal.

Reaction Score

Based on what I saw at the Spring Game, I'm guessing it's fairly obvious during practice that Cochran is not an improvement over Whitmer. From the limited snaps I saw, he had serious accuracy issues and was making some pretty poor choices, so... yeah.

Reaction Score
Based on what I saw at the Spring Game, I'm guessing it's fairly obvious during practice that Cochran is not an improvement over Whitmer. From the limited snaps I saw, he had serious accuracy issues and was making some pretty poor choices, so... yeah.

Based one the fact he has been in the system for two years and the starter isn't very good.

It was obvious that Murphy (at UF) was not an improvement over the starter who clearly beat him out for the job IN PRACTICE. Once he actually got in a game, it turned out that judgment was mistaken. It happens all the time in college.

Based on what? Until someone sees him with live bullets firing in a game, it's all based on nothing.

Reaction Score
(The others) just seem to still want to be PGDL's lapdogs as far as I can tell.

The latest evidence of that is the touting of Town-son as No. 2 in the FCS poll. 22 more scholarships, 1000 times the resources, no excuses for that loss. Period. That loss is 100 percent on P, who got outcoached and outprepared by one of the many, many who have surpassed him in his profession.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I fail to see how a QB change improves the running game unless that guy is Peyton Manning.

I would be 100% behind benching Chandler for Peyton Manning. I think Chandler would agree with me. Otherwise, this is a pointless topic that the Horde should know better than to address because it is a cowardly way to avoid the obvious question.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The biggest problems are:

Ineffective offensive line - can't block for the run or the pass
No running game
Pitiful coaching - GDL & PP, they are clueless.

No QB is safe behind this o-line and in this offense. If Boyle is that good, why take the risk in the present situation.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Burning a redshirt on a hopeless year? I am of the opinion that you let the kid who gives you the best chance to win play, but I can understand the other side of the argument.

On the other hand, Orlovsky started as a true freshman and that worked out alright.

Don't really see that as risk. You know what you are giving up.

The risk is putting him behind that line gets him hurt or playing him too soon stunts his confidence/development.

Usually I am very conservative on redshirts but I'm ok if he does it soon.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I can be dense but what is Duffy trying to say? Play Boyle or don't play Boyle? To me it seems like he's sitting on the fence.

Here's Fuller's piece filed last night: UConn is committed to Whitmer as starting QB

and Des': UConn Reserve QB Tim Boyle Says If His Number Is Called He’ll Be Ready

I'm with you Medic...not sure Duffy is saying anything other than Boyle is an option and it is high risk/reward scenario. He isnt really going out on a limb and saying clearly what should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom