Tickets and attendance…… | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tickets and attendance……

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
not tarping off section. it’s just a way of getting people to rush to buy tickets.
Nah, it's nothing mildly nefarious like that. Medic has it right. I have a buddy who can never accept anything at face value either.

Reaction Score
Nah, it's nothing mildly nefarious like that. Medic has it right. I have a buddy who can never accept anything at face value either.
??? is it not reasonable to assume cutting off most of the upper bowl for now is a way to not make the stadium look embarrassingly unsold? sure “rushing to buy tickets” might’ve been putting it in nefarious light but it is marketing

Reaction Score
Opening day attendance the past 10 years...hope we make a big jump. UConn has been BAD for so long, what a gift that we got Mora.

2022 - 22,442 (vs CCSU, W 28-3)
2021 - 18,782 (vs Holy Cross, L 38-28)
2020 - N/A
2019 - 19,648 (vs Wagner, W 24-21)
2018 - 23,081 (s UCF, L 56-17)
2017 - 24,435 (vs Holy Cross, W 27-20)
2016 - 29,377 (vs Maine, W 24-21)
2015 - 26,113 (vs Nova, W 20-15)
2014 - 35,150 (vs BYU, L 35-10)
2013 - 30,689 (vs Towson, L 33-18)

Reaction Score
I'm trying to grasp this.

If you click on the chart in the individual sections, it says only sparse tickets remain. Basically the chairs and upper end zone left in any abundance

That would mean it's over 30,000 already

Finding this hard to believe. I was there when we were playing for a bowl berth against ranked Liberty and the place was half empty on a nice day

Maybe NC St. travels really well?

Reaction Score
I'm trying to grasp this.

If you click on the chart in the individual sections, it says only sparse tickets remain. Basically the chairs and upper end zone left in any abundance

That would mean it's over 30,000 already

Finding this hard to believe. I was there when we were playing for a bowl berth against ranked Liberty and the place was half empty on a nice day

Maybe NC St. travels really well?
There’s many tickets not listed at the moment. Plenty actually available. Some allocated for things other than single game tickets, some just not up yet because they don’t necessarily need to be.

Reaction Score
There’s many tickets not listed at the moment. Plenty actually available. Some allocated for things other than single game tickets, some just not up yet because they don’t necessarily need to be.

How do you know this?

A week ago the upper sidelines were all dark blue, now it's sparse. Why would they all of a sudden hold back tickets less than 3 weeks before kickoff?

As I said, I found it hard to believe we sold that many tickets so you are probably right. But there are people, myself being one, who will only buy uppers because I want to see the whole field. How many potential attendees could we lose because of this?
Package buyers have had plenty of time to buy their tickets

Reaction Score
A week ago the upper sidelines were all dark blue, now it's sparse. Why would they all of a sudden hold back tickets less than 3 weeks before kickoff?
I cant tell you why because I’m in not in the ticket office, but it’s a pretty good sign that they’re being sectioned off when they go from hardly any seats sold to this overnight

notice the common line where they stop appearing green

Attachments

• IMG_8605.jpeg
    IMG_8605.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_8606.jpeg
    IMG_8606.jpeg
    380.6 KB · Views: 147
Reaction Score
I cant tell you why because I’m in not in the ticket office, but it’s a pretty good sign that they’re being sectioned off when they go from hardly any seats sold to this overnight

notice the common line where they stop appearing green

Yep looks like another sad crowd. And for a p5 opponent too. Our problem with the AAC was the opponents remember? It would change with ACC opponents. Oh and we didn't win. Coming off a bowl season.

We need the casuaIs. Haven't seen any promotion going on other than emails that are basically preaching to the choir.
Only the die hards even know there's a football game.

How about commercials on the local newscasts?
I am aware nobody reads daily newspapers anymore, but I find that alot of people read their local weekly freebies that show up in their mailbox. Cheap advertising there.
And for the digital crowd, I am on alot of sports websites and have not had one ad pop up about UConn football

Reaction Score
Certainly not doubting that the crowd may end up sucking but I imagine the overwhelming majority of single game tickets will be bought in the week leading up to the game. There’s no rush, UConn has a history of offering discounts and other deals close to game day, you can check on weather, etc.

Reaction Score
I saw tickets for $3 for a couple lower profile games. That's crazy. I have to go solo for the NC State game and paid $21 on Stub Hub.

A key to attendance isn't the number of tickets sold, but the number of fans actually at the game. Hopefully, if people have tickets and can't or don't want to go, they give them to people who can go. We need a great crowd.

Reaction Score
??? is it not reasonable to assume cutting off most of the upper bowl for now is a way to not make the stadium look embarrassingly unsold? sure “rushing to buy tickets” might’ve been putting it in nefarious light but it is marketing
There is not a single sane human being who is worried that they won’t be able to come to any home game and buy tickets at the gate because we are sold out.

Reaction Score
I just saw an add for UConn football on YouTube. They were pumping family fun, value , and tailgating. I don’t recall ever seeing an Ad for them before.

Reaction Score
Two and a half weeks out from the first game and still no tickets in my account, has anyone heard from the ticket office when we can expect these?
I bought individual games because we will be out of town for some. Got them immediately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom