Tickets and attendance…… | The Boneyard

Tickets and attendance……

Reaction Score
I am only speculating, and perhaps someone has officially inquired of how ticket sales are progressing which may prove me wrong, but from my casual discussions about Uconn football a lot of people are taking a “show me we have turned the corner attitude”.

For this reason I am concerned we will not significantly improve on last years ticket sales and attendance. Hope i am wrong about this and a good to great showing against NC State would be huge.

I know I will be there at all home games and BC/Umass and JMU.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I’m not sure where you got that, looking at each section it looks like just under half the lower bowl is still available…

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The facts of life are that the many CFB fans in Connecticut aren't necessarily UConn fans. They'll support the big games and the Big 12. The rest, not so much.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know the ratio of number of Lowe bowl tix vs upper bowl tix?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Opening night vs a likely ranked ACC team coming off the best season in a decade isn’t a big game?
Of course it is though I wish the game was in late-September for best attendance. Duke and USF are OK. But the others are going to be a tougher sell this year and in the future. Maybe we can get a bandwagon effect but I don't think winning alone is going to be enough to fill the building until we have a better home slate. The B12 provides that overnight.

Reaction Score
Going to the games it always was my opinion that half the crowd were not UConn graduates but fans that love the football program, like to see high level D1 football, and are there for a fun day out and hope the home team wins. At this point in the summer many people are still not thinking football but will as the opener approaches. It is an affordable event to go to and that is part of the attraction. The only solution to capacity level attendance is more season ticket holders. The BIG12 will do that. If we get 30,000 for the opener it will be a good sign. One can hope.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Going to the games it always was my opinion that half the crowd were not UConn graduates but fans that love the football program, like to see high level D1 football, and are there for a fun day out and hope the home team wins. At this point in the summer many people are still not thinking football but will as the opener approaches. It is an affordable event to go to and that is part of the attraction. The only solution to capacity level attendance is more season ticket holders. The BIG12 will do that. If we get 30,000 for the opener it will be a good sign. One can hope.
This is me, grew up in CT and was a fan all through grade/high school attended many games with friends and family. Ended up playing ball for Rossomando at UNH so I obviously didn’t attend UConn but remained a fan through out. When I was done with school moved back home and bought season tickets with my dad and was a mainstay in the blue lot, attended the Mich game and rushed the field after the Houston win to grab a selfie with the Great Dane lol. Some of my favorite memories growing up came at the rent. Ended up moving to the mid Atlantic for work just over 5 years ago and one of the things I miss most about living in CT is going to the rent in the fall and watching the boys play. While I’m not a graduate I will be a fan for life.

Reaction Score
I don't live in Connecticut so it's hard to tell. If I was Benedict I would make sure that both players and coaches are visiting local newscasts. Getting them on the set is a way to work them into all portions of the "news hour." Are they doing phoners with drivetime radio? You can do five stations in an hour, so even the smaller outlets cane be valuable. You do the opposite with podcasts, you invite them to the football offices after practice. Talk one on one and schedule someone almost every day. This is also why an open practice should be held. Anything that generates coverage or buzz is a positive. Do they have a presence at Yard Goats or Hartford Athletic games? These are people who are demonstrating they enjoy live athletic events. Same with local running, triathlon, spartan events etc. If nothing else have some have someone hand out schedules. Lots of these can be done with volunteers or team mangers or the spirit squad. There is so much more they could do.

If you really want people to show up. Do the work.

Reaction Score
I want to purchase and donate tickets to home football games. I checked out Husky Ticket Project. Does anyone know if it is legit? Is there an alterative way? I would appreciate any advice.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Going to the games it always was my opinion that half the crowd were not UConn graduates but fans that love the football program, like to see high level D1 football, and are there for a fun day out and hope the home team wins.
That's my point, the fans that will fill the Rent are not UConn fans, they are football fans. And that's OK. They will become UConn fans once they make it into a big-time league.

Reaction Score
That's my point, the fans that will fill the Rent are not UConn fans, they are football fans. And that's OK. They will become UConn fans once they make it into a big-time league.
Part of the reality of having an off-campus stadium. To build the brand you need a good product. After a couple of winning seasons and a p5 conference affiliation, I can see the rent getting sellouts again. Our last sellout was 2010 which was also our last winning season and the last season we were playing for a BCS spot. Not a coincidence.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Of course it is though I wish the game was in late-September for best attendance. Duke and USF are OK. But the others are going to be a tougher sell this year and in the future. Maybe we can get a bandwagon effect but I don't think winning alone is going to be enough to fill the building until we have a better home slate. The B12 provides that overnight.
You’re right. Can’t wait to see UCF at the Rent.

Reaction Score
2013 vs Michigan
i don't know this, but wondering if that 2010 sellout referenced, was the last one that was truly OUR sellout? meaning - those aerial shots of the michigan game were awfully "yellow". Also, Derek Jeter was not there to see UConn, i assure. that game was an attendance anomaly in my view (high profile opponent, extra bleachers, yellow fans everywhere) So although factually correct, that sellout wasn't our doing. perhaps by that metric, 2010 is the year.

Reaction Score
Here is the latest ranking from College Football news- based on last year's success-definitely moving in the right direction.
Screenshot_2023-08-01-14-13-52-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Reaction Score
I want to purchase and donate tickets to home football games. I checked out Husky Ticket Project. Does anyone know if it is legit? Is there an alterative way? I would appreciate any advice.
Kevin from HTP here. Thanks for checking us out!

We are an official 501(c)3 non profit, which means your donation is tax-deductible. 100% of all proceeds go towards purchasing tickets to UConn games for organizations like Boys and Girls clubs, PALs, low-income school districts, and other youth organizations in CT and the local area. We have about 30 organizations that we partner with regularly.

This year, we are likely to surpass 10k tickets purchased since we started in 2018 supporting every UConn ticketed sport.

Another option is to leverage the opportunity through UConn's site to purchase tickets for members of the military.

Happy to provide more info if you need it. Thank you for your support!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom