Thoughts on the WWC? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Thoughts on the WWC?

Reaction Score
I watched from 80:00 when I arrived at the gym this morning (13m stoppage time). Spain was so good. It was like a rugby side vs soccer technicians. They have a thoroughly enjoyable brand of soccer. Cheers to Espana.
This is precisely why I thought the early links to so-called yahoo American soccer fans dissing the skills of women soccer players was myopic. I was assured the person watches a lot of women's soccer. I don't buy it. There are highly skilled teams and highly skilled players. No one mentions it in the world cup when a small minnow trots a team out there, without a single player who can play in the top 5 European leagues. But they note it when they see a similar women's side.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I watched from 80:00 when I arrived at the gym this morning (13m stoppage time). Spain was so good. It was like a rugby side vs soccer technicians. They have a thoroughly enjoyable brand of soccer. Cheers to Espana.
A lot of their player are from Barcelona or Real Madrid. And it shows.

Also they had a lot of their experienced players (5-6 of them with 30/40/50+ caps) who had withdrawn from the team due to problems with the coach/federation. They might have been a lot better.

Reaction Score
England did not have a lot of pop in their legs. Both teams that had the extra day of rest won the last two matches. That needs to be equalized in the future.

Both Spain and England were on another level compared to what the USA showed.

England high pressing with four seemed a bit foolhardy to me given the grade A's they were giving up.

So now the speculation begins on the new USA regime. Wish I could find the in depth article I saw on this topic. A huge mistake in my view to go domestic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom