Thoughts on the WWC? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Thoughts on the WWC?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Wow that was…….fortunate. We were a shot off the post away from going home early. Mostly lackluster offense- sloppy or lacking creativity. Play like that in the knockout stage and we’ll be heading home.

Reaction Score
Their behavior during the anthem was not outside of today's norms. Watch Olympic reruns or previous WC's.

What never ceases to bother me is letting the flag touch the ground during victory laps around the track. That too seems to have changed.
Not acceptable to me. This is a national team. If you can’t be respectful to the anthem you shouldn’t be wearing a USA uniform. Freedom of speech and political statements can be made off the field.

Reaction Score
Not acceptable to me. This is a national team. If you can’t be respectful to the anthem you shouldn’t be wearing a USA uniform. Freedom of speech and political statements can be made off the field.
Did you think someone was being disrespectful?

Reaction Score
IMG_3260.jpeg

Reaction Score
Tough way to go out for USA. Never seen VAR decide a penalty kick aside from a GK foot off the line. Disaster of a tournament for them.

Reaction Score
US match was much better than most on this board predicted. Swedish goalie was great. Rapinoe!s and O’Hara’s penalty kicks were not. Expected more from the two World Cup vets.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
US match was much better than most on this board predicted. Swedish goalie was great. Rapinoe!s and O’Hara’s penalty kicks were not. Expected more from the two World Cup vets.
Missed PK's by washed-ups vets is a regular thing for the USWNT.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
PKs are cruel. Even Messi has missed them, famously. So did Carli Lloyd, in the 2011 WC loss to Japan.

Ironically it was far and away the US's best match. Just couldn't get the goal, but the Swedish keeper had a lot to do with that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The young players are more technically gifted than the older ones and the players from years past, Tobin Heath being the exception.

The only question is, do they have the same grit.

Let's get that Olympic team with Girma, Swanson, Macario, Demelo, Horan heading it, with support from Lavelle, Rodman, Smith.

O'Hara, Rapinoe, Ertz and Dunn will be gone (they were already on the outs, and really I liked what Dunn had before this tournament, but she had a really bad tournament all around).

Morgan I would only keep as a sub.

Reaction Score
The young players are more technically gifted than the older ones and the players from years past, Tobin Heath being the exception.

Let's get that Olympic team with Girma, Swanson, Macario, Demelo, Horan heading it, with support from Lavelle, Rodman, Smith.

O'Hara, Rapinoe, Ertz and Dunn will be gone (they were already on the outs, and really I liked what Dunn had before this tournament, but she had a really bad tournament all around).

Correct about Ertz since she announced retirement from National team after match.

I would include Williams and Thompson as well for young talent. I love their speed.

Reaction Score
England was fortunate to get through being down a man. Nigeria missing first two PKs sealed their fate.

Reaction Score
Missed PK's by washed-ups vets is a regular thing for the USWNT.
Well. The same could be said for the two younger players who missed. Particularly striker Sophia Smith. Strikers strike, and she didn't.

Reaction Score

How do u feel about Vlatko? I say keep him.

Reaction Score

Agree about the technical gifts. But technical gifts do not always put the ball in the net.

Also, someone needs to teach them how to play one touch soccer. Too many touches for this level of soccer.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I didn't expect them to get through Sweden. But they played much better than I expected also. Naeher did fine in the KFTM.

We can now let go of some of the older players. And Vlatko also. His time has been run. He has a good record, 51-9-5. But Round of 16 in WC and a Bronze in the Olympics isn't good enough. Granted he didn't have the players to go very far this year. The team really isn't as deep as a lot of people have been talking about.

They have a year to get ready for the Olympics. Team needs to get healthy and get a new coach. But USSF doesn't have a good track record for hiring coaches recently.

As more and more teams start putting money into their women's teams, I think the USA will have a much tougher time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom