The View From Section 241 -- UCF | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241 -- UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Are you serious? The problem was the defense we played. We should have had three deep. Did you watch the game?

Robinson was one on one and the receiver got behind him. Not completely Robinson''s fault. But completely the wrong defense to be in at the moment.

Mr. 2-10 has no feel for the game. The one thing that had to be stopped was a deflating TD. He just doesn't get it. You're excusing the inexcusable.

BTW there was a second receiver beating his man deep just inside of Robinson.
Technically, Mr. 2-10 has 3 wins this year, just saying.

Reaction Score
Technically, Mr. 2-10 has 3 wins this year, just saying.
It's a reference to his previous 2-10 season, the year he thought it unimportant to win.

But Mr. 3-9 isn't anything to shoot for.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah so Pal is an advertising guy... so he knows the way to hammer home his narrative (no matter how stupid) it to come up with a pejorative and create as many threads as possible with that title.

This is why Pal always creates a new thread instead of adding to one that already exists.

Reaction Score
The View From Everywhere....Agree with BL and his usual good analyzation of the sad situation. Also agree with most the comments here on his as usual good break down of the game.
Just wanted to add Bobby was not himself pregame at all. The press pressure of if the silly Conflict Trophy might have taken a toll. He did not wear his Santa Claus pants, nor did he engage the fans at the Huskie Walk for the first time ever that I know of. I have only missed a couple and he always does the same as the players with a high five or fist bump. He walked down the middle with a lot more than the fans on his mind.
I got a handshake (I was close to the start with fewer people around)...but you are right, he was stoic and much less engaging than in previous games...very focused

Reaction Score
I'm not sure its ALL about the coaching issues. I sit four rows back from the field on the 35 yard line, behind the UConn bench, scoreboard side.

After two UCF TD's (N) side of field, Poindexter and Diaco were livid at more than a few of the players as the sat on the defensive bench. LIVID is a mild word, we could distinctly hear them yelling, but because of surrounding fan chatter, could not make out all the syllables being expressed. If the coaches called the wrong defense they had no right to be so visibly upset. But if they did, I'm guessing the PLAYERS did not execute as coached.

One of my friends yelled "get out of their faces" to which I responded, "if you screwed up at work.....you're boss would certainly let you know. " They should be in the players face if they don't do as coached.

Yes, I agree coaches can and do make bad calls. But I'm no longer sure the players can execute at all times.....or have the required talent to execute given schemes.

Reaction Score
It's always going to be hard to fill the student section for 12:00 starts. I'm only a few years removed from being a student and very, very few people want to go to these games, especially not when you have to get up at 9 and leave at 10. The student section is usually much more full for night games and 3:30 starts. If every game were a night game or late afternoon start you'd get a lot more students there.

It's a sad fact that I didn't want to bring up during CR talk but most UConn students don't care about UConn football at all. About 50 of my friends went to homecoming to tailgate and not a single person actually went to the game. Most of them said short of paying them $100 to go, they won't ever be at a UConn football game.

Winning fills seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak