The Official Coldplay Sucked Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official Coldplay Sucked Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're right, I am missing your point, because you have made several points indicating a distaste for Coldplay under the thread entitled "The Official Coldplay Sucked Thread". I can't tell if you are saying the music industry sucks, Coldplay sucks, or standards for good music sucks. Sounds like all of the above.
Let me ask you something, is Coldplay talented by the holy, great standards of Rocktheworld?
Still missing it. See the above post.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You must love the Baskstreet Boys and N*Sync. Popular song after popular song. They should do a reunion Super Bowl halftime show.

Throw in Menudo and I'm all in.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
That Grammys are not a necessary nor sufficient qualifier for talent; which I would hope, in your world, is itself a qualifier for performance on the Superbowl Halftime stage.

Or maybe it isn't.
What other metrics are there to use to determine a SB halftime performer other than awards and popularity?

Reaction Score
What other metrics are there to use to determine a SB halftime performer other than awards and popularity?
Not sure I care enough to take this discussion to the place it's heading; that is, the philosophical validity of the Super Bowl halftime show.

Time to let it go, I guess

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Wtf watched the halftime show? Refresh drinks - grab some food. Talk about the first half. You would have to duct tape me to the coach and pin my eyelids open with toothpicks from the cheese tray to make me watch the halftime show.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I never got into Cold Play but for some reason I thought they had some substance. Saw them the other night and this. They really are just poppy and they sounded lousy. At least Bruno Mars had some energy and some moves.
And what is with all the crouching and bouncing with Martin?
One of the worst half-time shows ever. Not a Beyonce fan but she has some talent. But it was not on display here

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I thought Beyonce looked pretty chunky, didn't sing too well either, although her dance moves were alright

Reaction Score
I thought Beyonce looked pretty chunky, didn't sing too well either, although her dance moves were alright
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Remember when Peyton Manning could lead his receivers? Now they have to grab a chair and wait for the ball.
His injuries and surgery have depleted his skills and arm strength. It is kind of sad watching Peyton trying to throw an out pass. He still was able to do just enough not to lose the game so kudos to him.

Reaction Score
His injuries and surgery have depleted his skills and arm strength. It is kind of sad watching Peyton trying to throw an out pass. He still was able to do just enough not to lose the game so kudos to him.

Yeah it is. The one the ex-Husky McClain batted down early looked like me at 40 years old playing DB with my 5 year old son and his 5 year old friend playing football in the backyard, toying with them LOL

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm could take or leave Coldplay, but I don't get the criticism when they're out there with a pure media creation like Beyoncé.

Yes, they were the best of the three. The whole halftime show sucked. Bruno was good a couple of years ago when he brought an actual band. Lip Syncing some crap with dancers? Pathetic and lame.

The really sad thing is that the average dude with a guitar who plays covers at the local bar would be better than any of these acts who rely so much on spectacle over substance.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I saw Wilco last week. Incredible, they should headline next year.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think if they were lip-syncing, the sound would have been better. They never learned how to adjust for the crowd noise.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I needed to see Gaga last night to change the picture I had of her with her nails in American Horrors :eek:

Her National Anthem was pretty good too. Sort of reserved and opposite of her usual pop character.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure if you like Coldplay you probably liked the halftime show, if not then you probably hated it. Is there more to discuss than that? I liked Coldplay and I enjoyed it. The real question is who won the dance off between Beyonce and her girls and Bruno and his crew.

Reaction Score
I saw Wilco last week. Incredible, they should headline next year.

You've got as good a shot as Wilco does at doing the Super Bowl half time show. That's not to say they're not a great band.

It's sort of bizarre that someone would praise Coldplay while calling Beyonce a media creation, when she's much more talented than they are. Coldplay seem tailor made for playing corporate outings. For every hit they have there's an indie band somewhere playing the original version. The ideal band for people who think that Bono just isn't quite insufferable enough.

Reaction Score
I used to like Beyoncé years ago, she's horrendous now and she's had so much work done that she's hardly looks like the good looking woman she used to be. Buddy of mine has flown for her, he says Jay-Z has been nice as can be while she is a nightmare.

Reaction Score
It's sort of bizarre that someone would praise Coldplay while calling Beyonce a media creation, when she's much more talented than they are.

How so? From what I see, she doesn't fully write or produce her own music and she doesn't play an instrument. She has some co-writing or co-producing credits. But I'm not an R&B fan. Maybe I'm missing something because I just don't know any better.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The really sad thing is that the average dude with a guitar who plays covers at the local bar would be better than any of these acts who rely so much on spectacle over substance.

Yeah, but the whole point of the halftime show is spectacle. When it's got substance on top of it, that's when it kills. U2, however you feel about them, in 2001 after 9/11 was a perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom