Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Robbie Cano has 2 home runs.

Stephen Drew has 9.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Didn't catch the game. But, in general, I can't complain about Girardi.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So tonight ARoid could get hit 3000 in his career. Was able to to get to a TV last night to watch his last AB. No way the MArlins wanted a part of that as he was unintentionally intentionally walked.

As long as he ain't suing the Yankees and producing he's okay in my book. :oops:

#hattip

Reaction Score
This team needs to decide on a direction are they gonna be contenders or rebuild. This back and forth winning and losing is pretty irritating either win consistently or suck lol.

Reaction Score
Pineida looks to be in trouble. Tanaka always was one pitch away from the same. While I would like Warren in the 'pen he's been pretty damn good as of late. Their bullpen is a shambles of lefties and no one to even get them to Betances.

The offense looks better than I thought but the team is a mess and could fade very fast from the East picture - agree they need to decide.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This team needs to decide on a direction are they gonna be contenders or rebuild. This back and forth winning and losing is pretty irritating either win consistently or suck lol.
Pineida looks to be in trouble. Tanaka always was one pitch away from the same. While I would like Warren in the 'pen he's been pretty damn good as of late. Their bullpen is a shambles of lefties and no one to even get them to Betances.

The offense looks better than I thought but the team is a mess and could fade very fast from the East picture - agree they need to decide.
Could be worse, guys. You could be Red Sox fans. Don't get me wrong, you couldn't get me to even fake it like I liked the Yankees with any amount of money, but I'd rather do it with mirrors than be aboard a rudderless ship like they are now. When does football season start (Oh yeah, Washington is probably not going to provide any relief either)?

Reaction Score
Could be worse, guys. You could be Red Sox fans. Don't get me wrong, you couldn't get me to even fake it like I liked the Yankees with any amount of money, but I'd rather do it with mirrors than be aboard a rudderless ship like they are now. When does football season start (Oh yeah, Washington is probably not going to provide any relief either)?

Expect the Jays, Rays to fight it out while the Orioles potentially find a way to get in it. Sox, never know there's offense there but it's a strange team.

I am quietly optimistic about the GMen. Couple of things need to fall into place but they could be a surprise. What we are all really waiting is Husky hoops!

Reaction Score
You lose 2 in a row to the Phillies and give up over 20 runs to that piece of crap team? - now you know you're in trouble. Season over!

Reaction Score
Ok how the hell are they staying above 500? Their best starters Tanaka and Pineida have crapped the bed and yet they find a way. Crazy season still anyone's in the east.

What scares me is they will keep throwing Tanaka out there and lose yet another season in 2017 because they waited. The guy did;t even want to throw a fastball yesterday and most were 87-90. Just give in and get the surgery will ya?

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Slappy Brett Gardner is an All Star selection, and the Yanks are in first (tenuously) in the AL East at the break; whodathunkthat?

Reaction Score
Amazing but only half way through. Lots of smoke and mirrors so far and of course the vets Texiera and ARod with comebacks, McCann too. Let's see how it goes, how the pitching holds up, if they make a trade of high impact. It just takes any of the East teams to catch a run of 15 of 18 or something like that to crate space.

Kudo's to Gardner, crow here! He has shown some power and consistency although when he got up to .318 earlier and dropped like a lead ballon to .265 I thought he was cooked. He is a man of streaks at the plate for sure. I like Refsnyder a lot. They need to play through his 2nd base errors which will happen and get that bat in the lineup - he has pop and is not overmatched up there like Drew is 80% of the time.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Things aren't that bad. Even though both feel like they could fall apart tomorrow,Tanaka & Pineda are very good. Eovaldi has great talent and if he ever learns the mental part of the game, he will be great. Nova is solid. If they would pick up a pitcher (I want Cuelto) and give Refsnyder a chance, we look good
Girardi has been great at getting this team through injuries'
And nobody else has Miller & Betances

Reaction Score
Things aren't that bad. Even though both feel like they could fall apart tomorrow,Tanaka & Pineda are very good. Eovaldi has great talent and if he ever learns the mental part of the game, he will be great. Nova is solid. If they would pick up a pitcher (I want Cuelto) and give Refsnyder a chance, we look good

I would rather have them call up Luis Severino than trade away prospects for a starter. He is 5-0 with a 1.79 ERA and .95 WHIP since he was promoted to AAA.

Reaction Score

Agree on Betances and Miller - that's huge.

Tanaka? scary at best. He is afraid to throw his fastball and is winning as a "junkie" - signs of eventual elbow failure I'm afraid.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I would rather have them call up Luis Severino than trade away prospects for a starter. He is 5-0 with a 1.79 ERA and .95 WHIP since he was promoted to AAA.

I agree. But with Tanaka's arm and Pineda's head, plus CC, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get to have Cuelto & Severino.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Who is this Cuelto people are clamoring for?

p.s. To my knowledge it is unlikely the Yankees have the assets it will take to get Cueto.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Who is this Cuelto people are clamoring for?

p.s. To my knowledge it is unlikely the Yankees have the assets it will take to get Cueto.

They have the assets. Sure, they could get beat by a team with a better farm system or a team that is more aggressive, but they can dangle Severino or Judge and work from there if they wanted to.

mets1090

Reaction Score
They have the assets. Sure, they could get beat by a team with a better farm system or a team that is more aggressive, but they can dangle Severino or Judge and work from there if they wanted to.
With the amount of teams that would want Cueto should he be on the market, you'd probably have to start with both Judge and Severino and then go from there. I just don't think the Yanks would or should do that.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
With the amount of teams that would want Cueto should he be on the market, you'd probably have to start with both Judge and Severino and then go from there. I just don't think the Yanks would or should do that.

That is too excessive. It should only take one of them because Cueto is a free agent at the end of the year. Baseball Prospectus and Baseball America recently redid their top 50 lists and Judge and Severino both ranked in the top 30. No need for both.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It's rent a player. Price would be relatively cheap.

So, Melts, you never heard of Cuelto?

mets1090

Reaction Score
In terms of value I'd say one should be enough. But people overpay at the deadline every year. It's also reasonable to think that any trade will be contingent on an extension like when the Mets traded for Santana so the rent a player argument may not be valid.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Looking at Nathan Eovaldi...he reminds me of a right-handed Dave Righetti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugway

Top Bottom