The Official 2015 Yankees Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Yankees Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I was thinking Whitey may be the only one left. Truly another Yankee great but there is only one Yogi.

There are probably less famous guys still alive that played with Yogi in the early 60s. Boughton? Pepitone, Kubek?

Tresh alive?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No. Tom Tresh died 7 years ago. Terry is still alive. Downing was the youngest on the 1962 team

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Mau, Thinking of you during the game. I thought Joe should have let Nova finish the inning. He actually got Martin out on that bouncer to third.
Ironic that Martin seemed to get an extra chance against Nova and again in the 7th inning when he should have been called out. Boy did he take advantage of those 2nd chances.

Reaction Score
Well that officially (I know mathematically still alive) ends the AL East race. Yankees just don't belong on the same field as the Jays, and I'm not even mad saying it because I was expecting the Yankees to lose this series going in. Now its time to concentrate on wrapping up the wild card.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
3 games out with just 10 games to go. Gotta believe!!

Hopefully 1 out with 7 to go come Monday.

Reaction Score
3 games out with just 10 games to go. Gotta believe!!

Hopefully 1 out with 7 to go come Monday.

I'm afraid the Headley and Gardner Expresses have left the country, no big hits form them in weeks. How many jams can you allow opposing pitchers out of on double play weak mind you, ground balls. These guys are both hideous at the plate right now. Amazing no one is hitting and this team will walk meekly into the playoffs and probably walk out just the same.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
...and Jacoby tosses the salad of retired coal miners.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
So realistically how do you guys feel about the Yankees chances in October.

With the Mets, I'm worried the pitching is running out of gas. Skipping everyone once or twice in September seems to have given them a second wind and there's plenty of rest to be had with a 4 man rotation in the playoffs, so I'm hoping they'll be OK.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Yankees are missing something. What is it? Oh...its called fire and enthusiasm.

They will lose to the Astros in the Wild Card game because they have:

Dallas Keuchel, Carlos Correa, George Springer, Jose Altuve, Evan Gattis, Carlos Gomez...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Mets should be able to compete for a World Series run, I think.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think Houston is going through everything the Yanks are, plus some. I'd have no problem beating them in a series. But 1 game with their ace....

I worry that the Yankees are filled with injuries and that they don't have enough consistent hitting. Can Tanaka pitch? Can Eovaldi?

Reaction Score
I think Houston is going through everything the Yanks are, plus some. I'd have no problem beating them in a series. But 1 game with their ace....

I worry that the Yankees are filled with injuries and that they don't have enough consistent hitting. Can Tanaka pitch? Can Eovaldi?

Only way is Tanaka throws a gem. I mean they just can't hit, had ERod on the ropes again and no one gets big hits. Beltran is leveling off and deservedly so after carrying them for a while. Not good may be better to get out fast and get to UConn basketball rather than implode in a 7 game series vs teams who are better. Hate to say it but it's true.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
My head agrees with you but my heart feels they can go on a good run. Like 2011 & 2014 Huskies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
10,000th win! 52nd post season appearance!

Did you hear Kaye talking about how late season performance has no correlation to post season success.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sorry but locker room goggles look ridiculous.

:oops:

Reaction Score
The Yankees are so hot going into the playoffs we're attaching Pillar highlights to the thread. :rolleyes:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Yankees are so hot going into the playoffs we're attaching Pillar highlights to the thread. :rolleyes:
I had learned at that moment the real way to link a Twitter link to a post so I went nuts.

Yankees have 1 game left. I'm guessing they will score a run.

Reaction Score
You don't have to look too far past 1-2 in the order. I know people try to ridicule me for saying Gardner is overrated but he did rip it up the 2nd half of the year. :confused:After entering the All Star break at .301/10/41 he finished .259/16/66 so he was one of the reasons the other bats before him and plays in the PF next to him. Lots of money wrapped up in 2 inconsistent pcs of crap that's for sure. While Ellsbury once agin proved he could miss a ton of games with a girly injury he at least used to hit .290 or so in Boston. His .257/7/33 is not exactly what they paid for and now they have to live with that. My guess, yeah you know what I am going to say - he did his stuff, got his contract and now won't take a chance on a suspension.

Anyway their 0-10 leading off yesterday is proof of how quickly the game at home vs Houston will be over tomorrow. Seriously I'm a Yankee fan and I do not want to see them humiliate themselves in 3 games vs the Royals - just end it I have the Huskies season to look forward to. (and a hint of the Giants making a minor comeback LOL)

Reaction Score
You don't have to look too far past 1-2 in the order. I know people try to ridicule me for saying Gardner is overrated but he did rip it up the 2nd half of the year. :confused:After entering the All Star break at .301/10/41 he finished .259/16/66 so he was one of the reasons the other bats before him and plays in the PF next to him. Lots of money wrapped up in 2 inconsistent pcs of crap that's for sure. While Ellsbury once agin proved he could miss a ton of games with a girly injury he at least used to hit .290 or so in Boston. His .257/7/33 is not exactly what they paid for and now they have to live with that. My guess, yeah you know what I am going to say - he did his stuff, got his contract and now won't take a chance on a suspension.

Anyway their 0-10 leading off yesterday is proof of how quickly the game at home vs Houston will be over tomorrow. Seriously I'm a Yankee fan and I do not want to see them humiliate themselves in 3 games vs the Royals - just end it I have the Huskies season to look forward to. (and a hint of the Giants making a minor comeback LOL)
At least your season is not over yet. You have hope. Mine is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom