The next step for the program | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The next step for the program

What should we do?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I know the drop to FCS suggestion doesn't make sense financially or strategically for the university, but I'd be more interested in matchups against Yale, URI, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Holy Cross, etc rather than directional Illinois, directional Michigan, Kennesaw St, etc that comes with the MAC and CUSA
Holy Cross fits the profile of the other BE basketball schools and wouldn’t be a bad football rival TBH …call em up

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I don’t think that would have made any difference.
but we will never know, now will we?

He should have been pressing as Louisville did with the full-court press

Reaction Score
I don’t think that would have made any difference.
Might not have or might have. We think our sheet doesn’t stink and don’t have to make the full out effort to impress. You get your lazy ace off the beach and you pound the AD offices. Our President gets out the little mini mansion and visits every President. The financial group turns numbers and shows why we make a difference. The leg liaison is pounding the LOB and capitol to build support in case we need financial backing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
New Mexico St is a school that went from independent to CUSA. They have a nice, shiny 7-3 record this year and is tied for 2nd in the conference. Looking a little deeper, they've beaten

(Massey ranks in parenthesis)
Western Illinois (FCS)
New Mexico (127)
FIU (125), we lost to them
Sam Houston St (130)
UTEP (123)
Louisana Tech (124)
MTSU (119)

They lost to :
UMASS (131)
Liberty (43)
Hawaii (122)

Looking even deeper, their average attendance has gone up a bit compared to last year. 8-10k for 2022. 12-17k for 2023.

My co-worker is an alumni there. He follows football pretty closely and is an overall football nerd. He's happy NMST is in a conference but not happy that his conference is meh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom