The new Vandy coach will be...[merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The new Vandy coach will be...[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Speaking of Championships can someone from this neck of the woods please confirm if this highway sign has been updated.
uconn-championship-sign-jpg.10139

Absolutely!

fixed_sign_2016.jpg

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Duke has a really nice campus as well. Michigan/Ann Arbor is one of my favorite college towns simply for the fact of how the campus blends into the city and how crazy Ann Arbor is about about Michigan. Ann Arbor is what a college town is supposed to be.

Boulder is by far one of the nicest college towns I've ever been to. Never been to Stanford or Palo Alto but I imagine it's beautiful as well. Pepperdine/Malibu too.
Pepperdine/Malibu is literally right on the ocean. Stunning views. Ocean breeze... surfing... don't know how those kids get any work done.

Reaction Score
Pepperdine/Malibu is literally right on the ocean. Stunning views. Ocean breeze... surfing... don't know how those kids get any work done.
Drive down Pacific Coast Highway twice a week. Stunning view!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Drive down Pacific Coast Highway twice a week. Stunning view!
Seriously? where do you live? How do you not drive off the road? LOL... I live in LA now but obviously I'm from San Diego

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Yeah, Rutgers was in a tourney there years ago. Lost to either Florida or the host school, I don't remember which. Shouldn't have. During the short period when Julie Rousseau was the HC at Pepperdine.

Views were beyond belief. Fun trip, we drove up the coast a bit further one day and visited the zoo and observatory the other.

Reaction Score
I would take the Icampus at West Point over any other. Best description I have heard of the Campus? It is like going to school in a perfectly manicured museum, where this entire country's destiny is shaped.
Pepperdine would be my second choice.

Agree with both your choices. I played in tournaments at West Point. Truly awe inspiring. Especially reading the plaques dispersed throughout the grounds. Pepperdine is awesome in a totally different way. I agree with Eric SD on this one. I don't know how students can concentrate on their work rather than heading toward the surf.

Reaction Score
The highway folks got tired of constantly messing around with the numbers and simply put "every year"on the sign.The guy who thought of that recently won an award from the state for finding ways for fiscally strapped Connecticut to save money by not having to go back.

Reaction Score
The highway folks got tired of constantly messing around with the numbers and simply put "every year"on the sign.The guy who thought of that recently won an award from the state for finding ways for fiscally strapped Connecticut to save money by not having to go back.
That was myself and you are correct, I did win an award but the check bounced! :mad:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reportedly, one P5 coach has turned the job down. Ivey and Banghart (and possibly others) are under consideration.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

yeah, it should just say "Again"

Reaction Score
Seriously? where do you live? How do you not drive off the road? LOL... I live in LA now but obviously I'm from San Diego
I live in Rancho Cucamonga but do some side work in Brentwood, Santa Monica and Malibu twice a week.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I would take the campus at West Point over any other. Best description I have heard of the Campus? It is like going to school in a perfectly manicured museum, where this entire country's destiny is shaped.
Pepperdine would be my second choice.

I dunno
Spent three years of my youth there as a member of the USMA band
I suppose its got it beauties but I got to see the underbelly...not so pretty.
Of course, I was pretty whacked out as a post-adolescent
And was far from your ideal trooper.
But definitely harbor mixed feelings about the place.
My happiest feelings are for my buddies of 50-odd years
Many became principals in the best Orchestras: the Met, LA, St Louis, Chicago...and that was just the group around my time.
What was I doing there?
Talented group, that bunch.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 2h2 hours ago
Interesting VandySports podcast — host says UW HC was interested in the Vandy WBB job, but Vandy didn't contact him http://po.st/BW6D8d

As in Jonathan Tsipis, who just left GW to take the UW job?

I could understand his interest in a Vandy-like position, given that he worked at places like Duke and spent numerous years in the "Niele Ivey" slot at Notre Dame. In fact, during one of the post-season coaching carousel threads, many of us (me?) thought he'd look at schools like BC, UVA and Duke, if the opened up. The Wisconsin program could be a good one (although I've heard some of his initial late recruiting pitches have not been successful...). If there is any truth to the podcast, JT should watch it...AD Barry Alvarez is a big one on loyalty....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I dunno
Spent three years of my youth there as a member of the USMA band
I suppose its got it beauties but I got to see the underbelly...not so pretty.
Of course, I was pretty whacked out as a post-adolescent
And was far from your ideal trooper.
But definitely harbor mixed feelings about the place.
My happiest feelings are for my buddies of 50-odd years
Many became principals in the best Orchestras: the Met, LA, St Louis, Chicago...and that was just the group around my time.
What was I doing there?
Talented group, that bunch.
Our experience were definitely not equivalent.
I never saw an "underbelly" and my feeling were never mixed about the place because we were all there voluntarily & the standards were/are never comprised for anyone.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Washington not Wisconsin

Showing my mid-west leanings with the affiliation to Wisconsin.
In the case of the Huskies, didn't Neighbors just get a lengthy extension? Hmmm..

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
I have always been curious, what is the reason/history of those end court sidelines?

From Wikipedia:

Memorial Gymnasium was built in the early 1950s. It was dedicated as the campus memorial to students and alumni killed in World War II; a plaque commemorating these people is displayed in the lobby. At the time of its construction, there was a serious discussion within the Vanderbilt community about whether the school should de-emphasize intercollegiate athletics. As a compromise, the gymnasium was built to hold only about 8,000 seats, and it would be readily adaptable to other uses.[3]

The gymnasium floor was built up above its surroundings, more in the nature of a stage. The areas out of bounds along the sidelines were very wide, in contrast with the small facility which it replaced, where the walls were right along the sidelines and players could scrape their shoulders bringing the ball up the court. This necessitated the placement of the benches at each end of the court, which was not highly unusual at the time. In addition, each goal was originally anchored by two far-reaching beams attached to support columns, with extra support coming from cables stretching all the way to the gym's ceiling. (In the case of a backboard shatter or beam fracture, replacing the old goals would be highly difficult, compared to the usual goal setup at most venues.) The main gym, unlike the practice gyms, does not have air conditioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom