The new Vandy coach will be...[merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The new Vandy coach will be...[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It's definitely a blow to ND if true, but it was also something that's been coming for a while. She almost got the Georgia job last offseason. I'm sure McGraw has some replacements already in mind.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Anything new on this in the twitter verse or press conference scheduled?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Great for Vandy. Has always been a school with potential... maybe Ivey will capitalize on it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Anything new on this in the twitter verse or press conference scheduled?

I have not seen anything...you?

Looks like I picked a bad night to be off The Boneyard and/or McGraw's Bench and watching the farewell episode of
Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo on NCIS!;)

Will be interesting to see if this is Niele Ivey or Nicole Banghart. Me thinks you can't go wrong either way. We've discussed this in past threads and/or posts, but I thought Niele (and certain UConn assistants) might at first be drawn to mid-majors. Vandy would be a great giant step, given that Melanie Balcomb didn't leave the store half-empty. She landed the 17th-rated recruiting class, including two five-stars:

Women's Basketball

If it's Ivey, how will this affect ND? It might affect some recruiting decisions for those close to Niele, but Coach MM is the captain of that ship and I'm sure the recruits know it. In the long run, I'm sure MM can get another bright, young(er) asst. coach to help on the recruiting side and/or with the points guards (Megan Duffy, now at Michigan?).

Stay tuned....

Reaction Score
Academically, are Notre Dame and Vanderbilt about equal or is Notre Dame a bit tougher?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
A not so subtle recruiting tool for Ivey will be Nashville.....it has got to be one of the top locations to attend college(Storrs? South Bend? Columbia? )

Not only that, their campus is gorgeous.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A not so subtle recruiting tool for Ivey will be Nashville.....it has got to be one of the top locations to attend college(Storrs? South Bend? Columbia? )

Nashville is a very vibrant place to be. The Vandy campus in right in the middle of it all. And recording row is not very far away from the campus.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
I live in Nashville, and while the Nashville area has over 30 fully accredited colleges and universities. I wouldn't classify it as a college town. At least not when compared to Knoxville, Tuscaloosa, Murfreesboro, Auburn, Starkville, etc where the city is built up around the college and that's it focus.

The city would be a great recruiting tool for any school, but Vandy is in a bad position of being in the SEC without having made the commitment to the SEC. They have very outdated facilities, other than their baseball field. I absolutely hate their gym, with their end court sidelines. Nashville is very much a transplant city, where fans of many different schools have moved to. Vandy has a fan base for sure, but even in Nashville, the fan base isn't large.

If Niele turns out to be the coach, I think she can do a good job. She definitely has her work cut out for her here though.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
When I think of Storrs I think of CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
Speaking of Championships can someone from this neck of the woods please confirm if this highway sign has been updated.
uconn-championship-sign-jpg.10139

Reaction Score
When i think of Colombia i think of the confederate flag issue
When i think of Waco i think of David Koresh
When I think of South Bend I think of football
When I think of Nashville I think of music

I would take Palo Alto and the Stanford campus over any of these.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would take Palo Alto and the Stanford campus over any of these.
I would take the campus at West Point over any other. Best description I have heard of the Campus? It is like going to school in a perfectly manicured museum, where this entire country's destiny is shaped.
Pepperdine would be my second choice.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
When i think of Colombia i think of the confederate flag issue
When i think of Waco i think of David Koresh
When I think of South Bend I think of football
When I think of Nashville I think of music

That's odd. When I think of Colombia I think of Pablo Escobar and drug cartels! ;)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I would take the campus at West Point over any other. Best description I have heard of the Campus? It is like going to school in a perfectly manicured museum, where this entire country's destiny is shaped.
Pepperdine would be my second choice.

Duke has a really nice campus as well. Michigan/Ann Arbor is one of my favorite college towns simply for the fact of how the campus blends into the city and how crazy Ann Arbor is about about Michigan. Ann Arbor is what a college town is supposed to be.

Boulder is by far one of the nicest college towns I've ever been to. Never been to Stanford or Palo Alto but I imagine it's beautiful as well. Pepperdine/Malibu too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom