That's on Ollie | Page 3 | The Boneyard

That's on Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AMEN

Yeah but they wanted to go to Miller and it looked like there wasn't a 2nd option. Temple did good to take it away but none was picking for anyone else or running through the secondary on it - only one play it's taken away and everyone fails miserably after that including the coaches.

Reaction Score
Imagine this team playing in late 90s thru 2000s. Who would be on the court. And how many wins would they have?

Reaction Score
So dumb. Last week after Memphis this board was killing the Memphis board for crying about Pastner.
I wasn't. Pastner is a dead man walking. And Pastner isn't constantly being linked to NBA jobs.

Reaction Score
Imagine this team playing in late 90s thru 2000s. Who would be on the court. And how many wins would they have?

But 32 imagine the 90's 2000's team playing this Temple team - they'd beat them by 35. It's all relative - these guys are better than Temple and they haven't beaten them. Both games have been coaches and players shi**ing themselves. Painful to watch.

Reaction Score
Yeah but they wanted to go to Miller and it looked like there wasn't a 2nd option. Temple did good to take it away but none was picking for anyone else or running through the secondary on it - only one play it's taken away and everyone fails miserably after that including the coaches.

I just can't believe there wasn't a second option of they couldn't get the ball to miller. Gibbs is just incapable in such a position. If I blame ollie for anything, it's for bringing gibbs to uconn in the 1st place. I truly think we would be a much better team if he never came. Mistakes and all jalen should always be handling the ball over gibbs, but jalen really is our only option, that doesn't bode well for us

Reaction Score
Well, was the issue with Adams a mental one or is he making wrong decisions on screens, etc. You teach your team that attention to detail matters. That almost always requires being mentally into the game. I see way too many players make mental mistakes, often on simple plays. KO needs to fix that somehow. That is one of his jobs.

Right and he responded by sitting him for poor play.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
When UConn was up by 14 and was seemingly unstoppable on D Ollie needed to continue that momentum by calling a timeout when the officials started calling the game against the Huskies(the obvious foul on Gibbs under the basket that was never called). That's a in your gut feeling that Calhoun could sense and Ollie let slip. Once Ollie let the officials dictate the game Uconn was on their heels instead of dictating the terms of the game. They had the game won and Ollie let the refs change momentum.

You don't think he would catch crap for using a TO ahead 10 or 12 points? And then not have one if Temple catches up?
In retrospect, put Adams back in sooner? Maybe. As it turned out, sure. If you could see the future

Reaction Score
I wasn't. Pastner is a dead man walking. And Pastner isn't constantly being linked to NBA jobs.

My response was in general. If KO leaves, just watch everyone cry about going back on his word. Yet today everyone wants him gone.

Be careful what you wish for. Without the NC in 2014 to jump start recruiting, we would fall into the "deserve to be in the AAC" category and nobody changes that.

Reaction Score
Right and he responded by sitting him for poor play.
Not sure what you are saying. If Adams failed to make a play, because KO feels he is not into the game, KO should sit him, give him a wicked tongue lashing, then throw him back in to see the results. What is it you do not understand?

Reaction Score
You don't think he would catch crap for using a TO ahead 10 or 12 points? And then not have one if Temple catches up?
In retrospect, put Adams back in sooner? Maybe. As it turned out, sure. If you could see the future

Or if you learned anything from the past.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you are saying. If Adams failed to make a play, because KO feels he is not into the game, KO should sit him, give him a wicked tongue lashing, then throw him back in to see the results. What is it you do not understand?

I understand you're a pr!ck for one.

So he's a freshman playing poorly and we're up 12 in the second half. Let's put him back in?

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We've been playing well. There was a noticeable positive change in this team. We were playing well tonight before the abomination. We are less than 2 years from a NC.Recruiting has been going well.

Maybe it is time to take a deep breathe and realize that just because a loss stung, we don't need a scapegoat.

Reaction Score
My response was in general. If KO leaves, just watch everyone cry about going back on his word. Yet today everyone wants him gone.

Be careful what you wish for. Without the NC in 2014 to jump start recruiting, we would fall into the "deserve to be in the AAC" category and nobody changes that.
Not everyone who criticizes KO wants him gone. I sure in hell do not. Keep that distinction in mind.

Reaction Score

I don't want him gone. He is an excellent recruiter. Zero doubt there. I question his Xs and Os and in game strategy. My point is every "reporter" gives credence to the idea that he belongs in the NBA. I don't see that at all. Not when he can't manage to handle the mighty AAC.

Reaction Score
Team chemistry and personality matter. There is none in sight. No collective mental toughness, grit or will to bury the opponent. We have a collection of players wearing UConn uniforms managed under a rotation scheme, but no team. Mental lapses, breakdowns, timidity and fragile minds prevail over collective toughness and will to win.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It's completely senseless. There is no explanation that makes sense. I feel like KO panicked and was looking for a way to change things up, but I just don't see how he expected it to work after Jalen sat the whole way.
OT but that is the best avatar on the Boneyard

Reaction Score
We live in the now, not 2012.

That's out of context. In 2012 we came off a NC returning 4 starters and the #1 overall recruit and we didn't make the tournament. Point was, even JC had his struggles.

Reaction Score
very average team with a very average coach...

KO is not getting it done with his players...

It is that simple - he is no wunderkind. He is average (with below average assistants).

Makes you appreciate Shabazz, Giffey, Daniels and the Boatshow a whole lot more. 2014 was very special. Makes us all appreciate how lucky we were.

Reaction Score
That's out of context. In 2012 we came off a NC returning 4 starters and the #1 overall recruit and we didn't make the tournament. Point was, even JC had his struggles.

Your point is taken, but factually speaking, we did in fact make the Tournament. At least our name was in the bracket and our bus went to the Yum Center. The team never showed up though.

Maybe it's understandable you don't remember. I'd rather forget it if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom